11 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
1,239 posts
5,507 battles

After getting burned last week with either a server hang up or a program problem, the game would lock up during match start up at the entry screen I got an 8 game penalty for being AFK.  

I tried entering a bug report but I am not a master PC expert so the game file did not get sent.

But to make sure it was not a problem on my end I deleted the game and all related programs, except discord, from my pc. 

Since I  have 270 days of Premium account left I decided to reinstall the game. I had worked off the penalties before removing the game. Hadn't played the game for several days, but today even though the CoOp games seemed to load slow, only  6k players on the server, I played  2 tier IV matches 1 tier III and 5 tier I games then started a tier VI game and the same thing, locked up at the match entry screen. I had to restart the game with a 5 game penalty for AFK. 

wth!!!!!!

[PVE]
Members
3,835 posts
16,385 battles

I had several latent issues of late !  For my rig, it seems that my anti-virus was the culprit......  And, I changed AV tools and it happened again !!!  They do not work well with WoWs for some reason....  Check that.  I could not get 8.0 to update and was off-line three weeks !  I contacted CS and told them the issue and asked for an exemption..........they said OK and to let them know when I got back online and they returned my PT for me as an exception.  never hurts to ask.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,190 posts
12,410 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

my anti-virus was the culprit......  And, I changed AV tools and it happened again !!! 

I use Norton Premium (which includes Lifelock now)  for anti-virus and Malwarebytes for anti-malware . Neither of them has ever given me any problem with WoT or WoWs ( except that sometimes they block an outbound  when I download new patches but this does not ever seem to effect the games ) .  I do think it is the Malwarebytes that keeps making it impossible to use Discord tho . 

:Smile_honoring:

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,634 posts
19,351 battles
20 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

I use Norton Premium (which includes Lifelock now)  for anti-virus and Malwarebytes for anti-malware . Neither of them has ever given me any problem with WoT or WoWs ( except that sometimes they block an outbound  when I download new patches but this does not ever seem to effect the games ) .  I do think it is the Malwarebytes that keeps making it impossible to use Discord tho . 

Could be a bad video driver.

Try updating it and see if that helps.

Also could be a bad mod, if you use those.

Try using WG integrity checker from wg consol.

Also try running ot in safe mode, drop down from play button.

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
4,190 posts
12,410 battles
1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Could be a bad video driver.

Try updating it and see if that helps.

Nope keep them up to date and check about 2 times a week since March of last year when I got my new rig with the GTX 1080 Ti .

1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Also could be a bad mod, if you use those.

I have always run pure vanilla clients as I am lazy and do not want to update them as well every patch and generally speaking see no need for them .  

Thank you for the effort tho .

[PVE]
Members
3,835 posts
16,385 battles
1 hour ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

I use Malwarbytes and Discord......without any issues?  Webroot had an Update with some "experimental" virus detection routines and, without warning, the software "silently" excluded WoWs.....or, so the IT expert who rebuilt my computer said...  So, Webroot went out the door and another software package I won't mention, just wouldn't allow WoWs to be bypassed.  Both detected outbound's (trojan's) when updating.   So now, and so far, as long as the AV IS NOT ACTIVELY RUNNING, everything is working....  I wish they had a "game mode" like Bitdefender did.      Crazy stuff, software........

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,634 posts
19,351 battles

Nope keep them up to date and check about 2 times a week since March of last year when I got my new rig with the GTX 1080 Ti .

I have always run pure vanilla clients as I am lazy and do not want to update them as well every patch and generally speaking see no need for them .  

Thank you for the effort tho .

Run WG integrity checker to insure no broken lines in code.

If that doesn't help, then try running in safe mode.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,634 posts
19,351 battles

I got disconnected in my 2nd space battle today. Had to ctrl alt out and hard shut down game. Then restarted game. Back in match after 2 min...

Dsl 10 meg service.

2tb hd.

I5.

16gb ddr 4.

Geforce 1060 3gb ddr5.

Not as good as a rig as yours...

Yes win 10 pro.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
4,190 posts
12,410 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I got disconnected in my 2nd space battle today. Had to ctrl alt out and hard shut down game. Then restarted game. Back in match after 2 min...

Ouch ! 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,634 posts
19,351 battles

Ouch ! 

Not ouch, didn't go pink... ended up my minnow space ship was tucked into A generator and ended up defending it.