AdmNimitz41

Healing vs repair party

7 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,359 posts
13,879 battles

I think you are talking about Damage Control compared to Repair Party. Damage control only stops fires, flooding, engine hits and steering hits. Repair party brings back part of the health pool of a ship.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,083 posts
4,439 battles
26 minutes ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

Thanks, guys. I seldom know which to use.

Assuming you are using battleships...

Use your Damage Control Party (DCP) when you have significant modules destroyed or you are suffering multiple fires. NEVER repair only 1 flood or 1 fire unless you can and will clearly disengage. (Like the last guy on a flank dies). If you blow DCP on one fire, everybody knows that every fire they get on you after that will last the full 60 seconds and maximize damage.

Repair party (aka heal) is a lot more brainless to use. I'm assuming you know they grey bar is how much you can heal... whever it looks like that is at maximum, pop a heal. Dont waste it if its only gonna heal half its potential.

As a battleship, it is very nice to run premium consumables if you can foot the bill. The extra charge and reduced cooldown is priceless in battle, especially if you dont own the superintendent captain skill.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
25,236 posts
22,261 battles
11 hours ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

Thanks, guys. I seldom know which to use.

Feel free to ask away on questions on anything.  Specifically on your consumables and how you manage them, means an unholy amount of your ships' survival improving once you understand it, or going to the sh***ers if you don't.  Most especially if you're using Battleships.  A BB that doesn't know how to manage their consumables is a gift to all your enemies, and a fatal flaw.