Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shenanigans_Abound

What happened to the other game mode?

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

350
[90THG]
Members
548 posts
7,845 battles

What happened to the game mode where you captured the points and got buffs for it? Coulda swore I read something about it being very well received but yet it was gone after one update to no longer be seen. I forget what the actual mode is called but I’d like to see it come back, I really liked it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
65
[BISC]
Supertester, Beta Testers
223 posts
3,220 battles

Arms Race - it was (and still is, I believe) being used for ranked battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
350
[90THG]
Members
548 posts
7,845 battles
9 minutes ago, BrokenGamer said:

Arms Race - it was (and still is, I believe) being used for ranked battles.

Thank you. Couldn’t for the life of me remember wht it was called. They need to put it back as an alternative to random and co-op. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,258
[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,011 battles
Just now, Shenanigans_Abound said:

Thank you. Couldn’t for the life of me remember wht it was called. They need to put it back as an alternative to random and co-op. 

 

Nobody played it when they had it available full-time. The only reason anyone played it at all for ranked is because there were no carriers in ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
350
[90THG]
Members
548 posts
7,845 battles
12 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

 

Nobody played it when they had it available full-time. The only reason anyone played it at all for ranked is because there were no carriers in ranked.

When it was around I was getting into games just s quickly as I would  a normal Radom match. There was always enough ships in que for instant loads so I don’t think saying “no one played it” would be the right choice of words.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,437
[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,673 posts
4,602 battles
11 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

When it was around I was getting into games just s quickly as I would  a normal Radom match. There was always enough ships in que for instant loads so I don’t think saying “no one played it” would be the right choice of words.  

Strictly from what I observed, it started off hot, the participation declined steeply.  Toward the end it didn't look to be self-sustaining.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
72 posts
6,165 battles

They need a game mode where you capture Dabloons and steel for your team if you hold onto objectives. A few Dabloons and Steel isn't going to kill WGA, don't ya think. It's worth a try to populate game modes.

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,550
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles

The biggest problem with the initial test of Arms Race was that only one set of missions counted. It was T9-T10 that first test and people were grinding Unique Upgrades hard at the time. Once people realized that Arms Race didn't count for the UU grind when they were in their T10s, lots of people quit playing it. 

 

Arms Race was used in the last full season of Ranked and the next will be again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,770
[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

The biggest problem with the initial test of Arms Race was that only one set of missions counted. It was T9-T10 that first test and people were grinding Unique Upgrades hard at the time. Once people realized that Arms Race didn't count for the UU grind when they were in their T10s, lots of people quit playing it. 

 

Arms Race was used in the last full season of Ranked and the next will be again.

This was exactly the problem.  While I'm not a big fan of Arms Race, IMO, it didn't "fail" due to a lack of interest.  It "failed" because the initial test didn't count towards any missions, and that really annoyed people.  They don't like wasting their limited game time in game modes that don't reward their time spend playing those modes.

I'm of the opinion that if they made Arms Race its own battle mode, similar to Standard, Domination, and Epicenter, it would be sufficiently popular to justify its existence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×