Kami

Update 0.8.2.0.1 Patch Notes

16 comments in this topic

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,212 battles

Dear Captains,

With the release of update 0.8.2.0.1, the server will be unavailable on April 10th from 3 AM PT / 6 AM ET - 4 AM PT / 7 AM ET. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

The update will be rolled out on the server side which means you won't need to download any extra content for the client.

• We've introduced a soft limit on the number of carriers in Tier X battles. Now, in the majority of instances, no more than one carrier will be allowed per team. But if the matchmaker fails to assemble a battle during the three minutes that the first player in the queue spends waiting to enter a battle, a maximum of two carriers may be matched per team. In Tier X battles (Tier VIII-X ships), situations with three CVs per team will no longer be possible, while the number of battles with two CVs per team will be reduced drastically

Bear in mind, the above rules will only apply to battles involving Tier VIII-X ships. At lower tiers, the previous rules will apply, allowing up to three carriers per team to be matched to a battle. This is due to an increased popularity of carriers at those tiers and their overall weaker influence on the outcome of a battle. More details are available here. We'll continue to keep an eye on the situation and are ready to make any required fixes.

• Fixed an issue with the drop trajectory of a bomb being calculated incorrectly. The issue resulted in a targeted ship receiving more bomb hits than possible in cases when bombs were dropped at the last moment during approaches when the aiming circle only slightly "touched" the target with its edge.
  • Fixed an issue with the Radio Location skill continuing to operate, even after a ship has been destroyed.
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,090 posts
18,055 battles

Does this mean we should not expect the RN bomb fall time issue to be addressed in this point patch?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,359 posts
13,879 battles
48 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

When is the patch set for? Tomorrow? Will there still be clan battles tomorrow night? 

Tomorrow mornings reset

[TOG]
Members
4,081 posts
22,327 battles
55 minutes ago, iKami said:

Dear Captains,

With the release of update 0.8.2.0.1, the server will be unavailable from 3 AM PT / 6 AM ET - 4 AM PT / 7 AM ET. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

The update will be rolled out on the server side which means you won't need to download any extra content for the client.

• We've introduced a soft limit on the number of carriers in Tier X battles. Now, in the majority of instances, no more than one carrier will be allowed per team. But if the matchmaker fails to assemble a battle during the three minutes that the first player in the queue spends waiting to enter a battle, a maximum of two carriers may be matched per team. In Tier X battles (Tier VIII-X ships), situations with three CVs per team will no longer be possible, while the number of battles with two CVs per team will be reduced drastically

Bear in mind, the above rules will only apply to battles involving Tier VIII-X ships. At lower tiers, the previous rules will apply, allowing up to three carriers per team to be matched to a battle. This is due to an increased popularity of carriers at those tiers and their overall weaker influence on the outcome of a battle. More details are available here. We'll continue to keep an eye on the situation and are ready to make any required fixes.

• Fixed an issue with the drop trajectory of a bomb being calculated incorrectly. The issue resulted in a targeted ship receiving more bomb hits than possible in cases when bombs were dropped at the last moment during approaches when the aiming circle only slightly "touched" the target with its edge.
  • Fixed an issue with the Radio Location skill continuing to operate, even after a ship has been destroyed.

DD player...

scream.jpg.c6bc6e4faa77a7c204aea7d157b7f7f6.jpg

[SIM]
Members
1,641 posts

Having 3 CV on the lower tier is not acceptable  unless you buff AA on the low tier ships or increase the number of ships to 20.

0 posts

welcome fix for the He dive bomb exploit/feature, but we still wait on news for the excessive RN dive bomb drop (press drop, go make tea and crumpets, return to watch bombs miss target) lag

Beta Testers
71 posts

3 CVs in lower tier battles is really no fun. It does not take a genius to explain why there are so many  CVs in lower tiers, like my son with 10 years: "This looks like fun and so easy! I want one!" It is simplistic to the highest degree and really supports young kids to play but I am not sure this is the direction this game should go. Simpler and geared towards the less skilled players but still immensely frustrating once they play higher tiers and realize it actually requires knowledge to do well in this game.  WOT showed and still shows what happens when the brainless take over and populate the battlefield. Man I loved WOT and now it gives me an uneasy feeling even thinking about it! lol

Appreciate the approach to 1 CV/game in high tiers. 2 CVs in game was literally watching airplanes buzzing over you all game long not even knowing if they target you or the ship next to you and dogging things either falling from the sky or exploding next to you. Bravo to that! :)

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles
13 hours ago, waloliso said:

3 CVs in lower tier battles is really no fun

This must be happening extremely rarely.  I played over 100 battles in tier 5 ships post rework, and I have never seen three CVs on one side, not even once.  It’s very common to see 2 per side, sometimes one per side, on a rare occasion no CVs, but three CVs is not common by any means.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
5,800 battles
On 4/9/2019 at 2:10 PM, LoveBote said:

welcome fix for the He dive bomb exploit/feature, but we still wait on news for the excessive RN dive bomb drop (press drop, go make tea and crumpets, return to watch bombs miss target) lag

I run midway and lex DBs, so far I see an improvement for my style -- I never did care to use the cursor tip.  I did notice that 8.2 seriously screwed up aiming, and last night's patch seems to have fixed it.  Will have to play more to see if random cursor glitches still present themselves.   I've had no problem post server patch smashing DDs as I did before.

Members
142 posts
2,976 battles

sence the last patch the game has become jumpy not sure why it like stops and then goes into hyper mood to catch back up and not its not my comp my comp was playing just fine till the patch.

[-KMS-]
Members
28 posts
9,561 battles

Since this patch went live I have a Fatal Error and as asked if I want to Terminate or Restart. This happens about 33% of the time and usually in the first 6 minutes. Is this a patch error or a problem on my end. It has never happened before, about 3 years.

[SKI]
Members
20 posts
6,892 battles
On 4/9/2019 at 11:31 AM, iKami said:

Dear Captains,

With the release of update 0.8.2.0.1, the server will be unavailable on April 10th from 3 AM PT / 6 AM ET - 4 AM PT / 7 AM ET. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

I'm fighting more aircraft than ships regardless what class of ship I take out.  This is not fun and not what I signed up (and paid money) for.
Haven't taken a ship out in nearly a week and don't plan to until the devs roll it back to what it was. If that means I am done with this game then so be it.
In the meantime I will be checking into other games.

• Cool 1

[C_RET]
[C_RET]
Members
5 posts
6,244 battles

I would love to see some rough numbers on monetization after the CV rework, then a burndown of retention since the rework was done, with its effect on long term revenue estimates. Is short term gain worth losing long term revenue? That is an internal discussion I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for when it happens if it hasn't already...   >8^)