You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Flavius_Julius_1

Rubbing Pants with a Yamato

11 comments in this topic

Members
58 posts
4,294 battles

Rubbed pants with a Yamato and lived to tell the tail! This Yamato should have had me but decided he wanted to aim at the Minotaur instead while I was still on my approach in lol.

Thanks to Shadow for taking the screenshots, I was way to stressed and concentrating way to hard to even think about taking a screenshot lol.

20190409025041_1.jpg20190409025036_1.jpg20190409025117_1.jpg20190409025123_1.jpg

Edited by Flavius_Julius_1
edit in credit for screenshots

Members
1,526 posts
10,950 battles

Good job and very nice screenshots. Yamato is very vulnerable to citadels that close in and broadside.

[TBW]
Members
9,814 posts
16,571 battles

Is rubbing pants a term? Maybe scraping paint works better. Trading rust, dry humping, seems OK, but rubbing pants? I've had pants that chaffed, bad cut ya know, didn't last long. Just tryin to rub ya the wrong way, nice bra.

[REEF]
Beta Testers
892 posts
10,219 battles

Well, the Minotaur has Torpedoes, so I would go after it first as well, if it's close enough to launch torps.  Rubbing pants...............nope, not a term I would use in this case, you would need to get a private room for that..........

[REVY]
Members
2,057 posts
11,395 battles

there is also the fact that perhaps the Yamato couldn't train his guns fast enough and at that range is a likely overpen. Probably went for the 'sure' kill, knowing he was about to go down.

Members
58 posts
4,294 battles

The funny thing is he did not kill the minotaur before he went down, who I do not believe was in torp range, he was just raining AP down on the Yammy's head. :P

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,199 battles
11 hours ago, Flavius_Julius_1 said:

Rubbed pants with a Yamato and lived to tell the tail! This Yamato should have had me but decided he wanted to aim at the Minotaur instead while I was still on my approach in lol.

Thanks to Shadow for taking the screenshots, I was way to stressed and concentrating way to hard to even think about taking a screenshot lol.

20190409025041_1.jpg20190409025036_1.jpg20190409025117_1.jpg20190409025123_1.jpg

Nice work! Learning the weak spots of enemy ships is a key to doing good damage =). 

[WOLF3]
Members
25,219 posts
22,240 battles

That Yamato was really far forward without a screen.  I get what he was trying to do, push that flank while his team followed up to his right.  If he pulled it off, he'd secure the flank and clear a lane to the cap.  But when you're in a BB coming around nearby islands without anyone spotting ahead for you, this kind of sh*t happens.

It could be another BB trying to blast you in knife fighting ranges.

It could be a Torpedo Cruiser like Hindenburg rushing around that island to greet you.

It could be a DD rushing out with armfuls of torpedoes to say, "Hi!"

You limit your room for maneuver and give opportunities to get surprised in close range.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,592 posts
6,989 battles
9 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Is rubbing pants a term?

I believe so.

Just not a naval term.