Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

I'm begining to think Ironium is not worth the grind.

61 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

373
[SHAFT]
Members
798 posts
16,725 battles

I mean the next step is to get 100 k xp...seems simple. 

Nope, the battle below is with a full set of flags and doing some significant damage. Even if I manage to duplicate these types of results its gonna take me over 30 games to get it done.

Might as well just grind out the legendary modules directly, cause I'm gonna be burning lots of flags with little rewards to show.

 

shot-19.04.08_23.33.34-0373.jpg

shot-19.04.08_23.33.43-0518.jpg

shot-19.04.08_23.34.01-0739.jpg

  • Cool 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,550
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
4 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

I mean the next step is to get 100 k xp...seems simple. 

Nope, the battle below is with a full set of flags and doing some significant damage. Even if I manage to duplicate these types of results its gonna take me over 30 games to get it done.

Might as well just grind out the legendary modules directly, cause I'm gonna be burning lots of flags with little rewards to show.

 

shot-19.04.08_23.33.34-0373.jpg

shot-19.04.08_23.33.43-0518.jpg

shot-19.04.08_23.34.01-0739.jpg

You do have a while to go with the Space Battles. 

dtKsh4g.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,325
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,084 posts
4,442 battles

Same feeling. I somehow thought each was 6 million sell price for some silly reason... come to find out they are 2.5? No thanks. Thinking instead I may get some space capts to match my GK and Repub camouflages (aesthetic 100%).

 

Still probably gonna do the grind... Just because the patch looks neat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50
[1-]
Beta Testers
83 posts
7,596 battles

I was looking at it from a dont waste flags perspective, averaging 1500 xp per battle thats 66.6 battles, thats a bit crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,579
[INTEL]
Members
12,353 posts
34,329 battles

I got the same XP with no flags and one-third of your damage, but I caulked two generators. Its crazy that you carried like that and got so little.

Thanks for this. Will play for FXP and elite XP as I like the defense/attack mode, but wont grind. Dont see the point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
922
[EQRN]
Members
1,899 posts
15,833 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I got the same XP with no flags and one-third of your damage, but I caulked two generators. Its crazy that you carried like that and got so little.

I agree, I was getting that kind of xp with much less damage and no xp flags at all for the 750k damage stage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
540
[A_51]
Members
961 posts

Not sure I would go through the exercise just for the ironium, but the commander elite experience plus the ironium has kept me playing space battle mode.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,637
[RLGN]
Members
13,535 posts
23,666 battles
3 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Not sure I would go through the exercise just for the ironium, but the commander elite experience plus the ironium has kept me playing space battle mode.

Not worth it even for that.

Not going to waste my time with this stupidity.

1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

...but I caulked two generators.

Considering the male bovine byproducts locations of the generators, where you basically need to be in the Defender spawn just to shoot at them, I marvel at the idiocy of the team you played against, and the level of incompetence that allowed you to actually do so.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,319
[PVE]
Members
5,009 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

You do have a while to go with the Space Battles. 

dtKsh4g.jpg

 

 

Mission only goes for a week until the 15th...& it's hard to grind XP in space battles. I have to switch to random battle just to finish my daily containers each day unless I wanna do 25-30 space battles only (but I don't use signals for it).

It's doable but I'm gonna need to drop some draconics to get it done w/out taking 3 days just on that mission...although the other 2 missions are pretty easy (damage & credits aren't too bad at those amounts...should be able to finish each of those in 1 day apiece at the most) so may just grind it out & save the flags.

All in all it's not too bad of a grind compared to the regular grinds for the UUs (that XP grind being the hardest part of it) & it gives an alternative to grinding out a ship that you're not really that interested in grinding that much just to get the upgrade. Considering each of the upgrades starts w/a 100,000 XP grind & then an 8M credit grind (& then 3 more grinds after that) it's not that difficult...especially if you have already earned the other ironium already from the 1st week.

Took me forever to get that last BB sink for those 30 ships...although most of the rest just kinda happened while dong the other grinds for the ships (I needed 3 BBs & 1 each DD & cruiser by the time I was done earning all the ships...just the last BB took about 10 or 12 games...every time I got close they got "secured"...lol).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,418
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,193 posts
14,168 battles

Seems like I read where someone comme ted about this season of space battles doesn't dole out the XP it did in the past. I like it though. A break from randoms and doesn't kill your stats if you want to play more aggressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,579
[INTEL]
Members
12,353 posts
34,329 battles
36 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Considering the male bovine byproducts locations of the generators, where you basically need to be in the Defender spawn just to shoot at them, I marvel at the idiocy of the team you played against, and the level of incompetence that allowed you to actually do so.

As I sat behind the island in a low-accel DM blapping the generators with salvo after salvo of AP, I marveled at the Paris 3.8 kms from me who stayed on the other side of the island and never came to challenge me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
240
[SF-13]
Members
658 posts
5,375 battles

Um....why is it that your team has seemingly killed 21 ships......but none of the reds are dead??

 

Edit: NVM....forgot about the respawn phase.....DOH!

 

Edited by KiwiColdbeer
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,550
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Mission only goes for a week until the 15th...& it's hard to grind XP in space battles. I have to switch to random battle just to finish my daily containers each day unless I wanna do 25-30 space battles only (but I don't use signals for it).

It's doable but I'm gonna need to drop some draconics to get it done w/out taking 3 days just on that mission...although the other 2 missions are pretty easy (damage & credits aren't too bad at those amounts...should be able to finish each of those in 1 day apiece at the most) so may just grind it out & save the flags.

All in all it's not too bad of a grind compared to the regular grinds for the UUs (that XP grind being the hardest part of it) & it gives an alternative to grinding out a ship that you're not really that interested in grinding that much just to get the upgrade. Considering each of the upgrades starts w/a 100,000 XP grind & then an 8M credit grind (& then 3 more grinds after that) it's not that difficult...especially if you have already earned the other ironium already from the 1st week.

Took me forever to get that last BB sink for those 30 ships...although most of the rest just kinda happened while dong the other grinds for the ships (I needed 3 BBs & 1 each DD & cruiser by the time I was done earning all the ships...just the last BB took about 10 or 12 games...every time I got close they got "secured"...lol).

From the 15th to the 24th is the Torpedo Beat Space Battles mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,319
[PVE]
Members
5,009 posts
22,432 battles
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

From the 15th to the 24th is the Torpedo Beat Space Battles mode.

Yes...but the OP was about the 100k XP requirement for the mission & it ends on the 15th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,528
[ARGSY]
Members
18,329 posts
12,767 battles
7 hours ago, Rabin69 said:

Might as well just grind out the legendary modules directly,

I took this attitude from the start. The amount of Ironium you get is insanely low for what they are asking you to do. The only real benefit to doing it this way is the guaranteed elite captain XP you can mine while doing it; if you have enough of the relevant flags, you can bring home a bucketload. If you have no 19 pointers or only one, being able to grab a new one and head straight back into battle as soon as you are sunk is an opportunity not to be missed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,319
[PVE]
Members
5,009 posts
22,432 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I took this attitude from the start. The amount of Ironium you get is insanely low for what they are asking you to do. The only real benefit to doing it this way is the guaranteed elite captain XP you can mine while doing it; if you have enough of the relevant flags, you can bring home a bucketload. If you have no 19 pointers or only one, being able to grab a new one and head straight back into battle as soon as you are sunk is an opportunity not to be missed.

And while you're grinding out that ECXP...you're gonna be working on the missions at the same time...& considering each of the UU grinds starts out w/a 100k XP grind & then is followed by an 8M credit grind (before 3 more grinds) this is actually a much easier grind for 1...& you don't have to use the same ship over & over & over & etc...

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,567
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,636 battles
5 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not worth it even for that.

Not going to waste my time with this stupidity.

Considering the male bovine byproducts locations of the generators, where you basically need to be in the Defender spawn just to shoot at them, I marvel at the idiocy of the team you played against, and the level of incompetence that allowed you to actually do so.

:) 

Ironically, I can't even find anything I want to spend ironium on … 

They really did name it correctly 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,550
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
26 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Yes...but the OP was about the 100k XP requirement for the mission & it ends on the 15th.

 

20 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I took this attitude from the start. The amount of Ironium you get is insanely low for what they are asking you to do. The only real benefit to doing it this way is the guaranteed elite captain XP you can mine while doing it; if you have enough of the relevant flags, you can bring home a bucketload. If you have no 19 pointers or only one, being able to grab a new one and head straight back into battle as soon as you are sunk is an opportunity not to be missed.

 

10 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

And while you're grinding out that ECXP...you're gonna be working on the missions at the same time...& considering each of the UU grinds starts out w/a 100k XP grind & then is followed by an 8M credit grind (before 3 more grinds) this is actually a much easier grind for 1...& you don't have to use the same ship over & over & over & etc...

This

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,528
[ARGSY]
Members
18,329 posts
12,767 battles
8 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

And while you're grinding out that ECXP...you're gonna be working on the missions at the same time...& considering each of the UU grinds starts out w/a 100k XP grind & then is followed by an 8M credit grind (before 3 more grinds) this is actually a much easier grind for 1...& you don't have to use the same ship over & over & over & etc...

On the other hand, the individual UU grinds are not time-limited; this one is. There are other things I want to be doing in that time, and they revolve around completing directives and eventually obtaining T9 permacamos. Not all of that can be done in Space Battles, and I am neither good enough nor have enough flags or playing time on my hands to do it all. So I'm picking my battles carefully and spending the Ironium from directives on what will benefit me the most.

I figure by the time I'm done grinding out the Minotaur's UU, I'll be familiar enough with the ship to know if I actually need or want it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,712
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,133 battles
11 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Ironically, I can't even find anything I want to spend ironium on … 

They really did name it correctly 

I am in the same boat, figure will just take credits since I got bored and just spent 150 million of them. Need to figure out if buying them in Armory is a better deal than if I just let them "roll over" to credits when the event ends...  Anyone have a clue what the ironium to credits value will be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,319
[PVE]
Members
5,009 posts
22,432 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

On the other hand, the individual UU grinds are not time-limited; this one is. There are other things I want to be doing in that time, and they revolve around completing directives and eventually obtaining T9 permacamos. Not all of that can be done in Space Battles, and I am neither good enough nor have enough flags or playing time on my hands to do it all. So I'm picking my battles carefully and spending the Ironium from directives on what will benefit me the most.

I figure by the time I'm done grinding out the Minotaur's UU, I'll be familiar enough with the ship to know if I actually need or want it. 

The Norma is the same ship (w/out the upgrade modules or premium consumables) & it doesn't hurt your stats while you get some practice in it...plus it makes the real ship that much easier to grind when you see how much better it is w/the upgrades & premium consumable options.

The space battles count towards some of the directive missions also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
117
[ENDO]
Members
280 posts

The advantage of space battles is for those who just started WOW. They get the Elite Commander experience, the possibility of getting a cool 10 point captain. However, those who just started are thrown into a T10 match.

The experience deficit is the rental cost of the captain, the ship, and the consumables. Think of these ships as negative Missouri buffs on everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,528
[ARGSY]
Members
18,329 posts
12,767 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

The Norma is the same ship (w/out the upgrade modules or premium consumables) & it doesn't hurt your stats while you get some practice in it...plus it makes the real ship that much easier to grind when you see how much better it is w/the upgrades & premium consumable options.

The space battles count towards some of the directive missions also.

I absolutely loathed the Norma when I played it last year; it made me wonder why people were raving about the Minotaur. OTOH, by the time I actually got the Minotaur I had many more months of experience under my belt and I understand exactly what she's about.

I may do some of the cash and base XP grinds in Space Battles, but we'll see how well the modes agree with me. Right now I am not doing so well in it in terms of winning, although the PvP-level rewards are nice - the ability to be reckless, respawn and rack up huge damage is nice, and it pays well in credit terms. And I have been giving higher priority to some of my tech-tree grinds in order to finish them and move the commanders up while it was still free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×