Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
captinjoehenry

Tiger Class Cruiser as Brit Tier 8 Premium Light Cruiser

14 comments in this topic

Members
66 posts
512 battles

One thing that I feel the British are rather lacking in are premium light cruisers that are a good fit for the light cruiser line.  As it is right now there are no british premium cruisers for sale and both the Exter and Belfast are poor fits with the rest of the line.

As such I would like to propose the British cruiser Tiger for a tier 8 premium.  It mounts 3 of the Mino's 76mm turrets and two of the Mino's turrets.  I would think that maybe with some sort of reload buff to the Tigers turret it could be a good fit for tier 8 and would act as a good premium for high tier british cruiser captains.

In addition the Tiger class was the last of the big gun cruisers that the british navy ever built which makes the ship of historic note and adds a lot to it's value as a collectors item.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger-class_cruiser

• Boring 1

[NGA]
Members
1,970 posts
10,571 battles
14 minutes ago, captinjoehenry said:

One thing that I feel the British are rather lacking in are premium light cruisers that are a good fit for the light cruiser line.  As it is right now there are no british premium cruisers for sale and both the Exter and Belfast are poor fits with the rest of the line.

As such I would like to propose the British cruiser Tiger for a tier 8 premium.  It mounts 3 of the Mino's 76mm turrets and two of the Mino's turrets.  I would think that maybe with some sort of reload buff to the Tigers turret it could be a good fit for tier 8 and would act as a good premium for high tier british cruiser captains.

In addition the Tiger class was the last of the big gun cruisers that the british navy ever built which makes the ship of historic note and adds a lot to it's value as a collectors item.

I find it highly unlikely they'll use a design from the late fifties. Not to mention they don't exactly have noticeable armament.

Edited by JediMasterDraco

[SIM]
Members
4,676 posts
7,770 battles

Four main guns and no torpedoes? This thing has no business ever appearing in World of Warships.

[SYN]
Members
27,073 posts
15,655 battles

yeah really needs a reload buff if you want her at tier 8, she doesn't carry enough main batts to justify a competitive damage output and probably would stay as tier 6 or 7 with out a reload buff.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I find it highly unlikely they'll use a design from the late fifties. Not to mention they don't exactly have noticeable armament.

Why not? They have late 50s to mid-60s designs in the Russian trees.

Kutuzov was launched in 1954, for cryin' out loud.

If it's okay for the Russians, it should be okay for everyone else.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles
4 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Kutuzov was launched in 1954, for cryin' out loud.

If it's okay for the Russians, it should be okay for everyone else.

agreed,just release them so i can smash them in to pieces and laugh at those puny 4 guns.

[NGA]
Members
1,970 posts
10,571 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

Not really. The latest date I can find is the Nuet which was comissioned in 1955. Plus, the Tiger-class only have four 6" guns. There's literally a destroyer in-game (Z-23) that has more guns than that of the same size.

Members
66 posts
512 battles
12 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Four main guns and no torpedoes? This thing has no business ever appearing in World of Warships.

I mean if you just bake in the tier 9 reload mod it's DPM comes up to 270000 which is almost the same as the Edibruhs 297600 DPM.  Then if you were to say bake in another 10% the DPM goes to 307692 which is enough to make it competive on DPM alone

So that's basically just baking in the tier 9 reload mod and baking in the effects of Basic Firing Training on the main battery.  It's not really a huge reload buff compared to the Mino to make it very competitive at tier 8 on it's guns alone.

Edited by captinjoehenry

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,503 posts
14,147 battles

A premium Tiger would be a nice addition to a branch low on premiums. My grandfather served on her in the 60's as a Royal Marine and has some good dits. That said she's not my highest priority for an RN cruiser premium, we're still short the Dido/Bellona class, merely 16 ships - the most numerous unrepresented WWII cruiser class in game. We're short a British Arethusa, a premium Town such as Sheffield would be worthy, or a Ceylon. Given the history a premium Leander would also be entirely justifiable. The Heavies are almost uncharted territory with a chance of a whole split.

I think Tiger would struggle at T8, some sort of reload buff might have to be quite a lot - 24 RPM on 4 guns to match the 96 RPM of a Fiji or Edinburgh, Minotaur gets 18.8.

Even if you made those changes she's just a bit worse off than Edinburgh. Two turrets leaves you very vulnerable to turret incapacitation or demolition - which people might be tempted to try - and the class also lacked torpedoes.

I would look at T7 perhaps, although she still doesn't compare too well there and would lose access to the concealment module. Overall she's just a bit awkward.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,938 posts
5,814 battles
34 minutes ago, captinjoehenry said:

Let me guess, you thought it was a good idea because it just appeared in Warthunder 2 days ago.:fish_palm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
66 posts
512 battles
Just now, Super_Dreadnought said:

Let me guess, you thought it was a good idea because it just appeared in Warthunder.:fish_palm:

Umm.  I mean that reminded me about it and then I looked into it.  When I did the math having two Mino turrets gives quite a good amount of DPM and doesn't need much reload buffs baked in to make it actually competitive.  Like just Basic Firing Training and Reload Mod baked in gives it enough gun DPM to make useful at tier 8 and the triple 76mm AAA gives a pretty darn potent AAA ability as well.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Not really. The latest date I can find is the Nuet which was comissioned in 1955. Plus, the Tiger-class only have four 6" guns. There's literally a destroyer in-game (Z-23) that has more guns than that of the same size.

Kronstadt is a 1960s redesign of the 1955 Stalingrad class. Moskva is a different permutation of the same Stalingrad class (One of the Stalingrads was even named Moskva, but was cancelled)

Members
3,059 posts
2,529 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Let me guess, you thought it was a good idea because it just appeared in Warthunder 2 days ago.:fish_palm:

This.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this