You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VVoony

Ironium? Legendary Modules

23 comments in this topic

[CAPGO]
Members
743 posts
7,352 battles

Sorry, I've been away for a week and I am confused about this new special currency Ironium.

I see you can buy legendary modules with it. Does this mean that legendary modules are going to be sold in armory exclusively? or 

can we still get legendary modules by just playing the ship? 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,374 posts
13,901 battles
3 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

You can still get by playing the ship

Which is still the best way to earn them.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
13 minutes ago, VVoony said:

Sorry, I've been away for a week and I am confused about this new special currency Ironium.

I see you can buy legendary modules with it. Does this mean that legendary modules are going to be sold in armory exclusively? or 

can we still get legendary modules by just playing the ship? 

5 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

You can still get by playing the ship

This^^^

You can get one Unique (Legendary) Upgrade for free by grinding Ironium, but you will need to spend doubloons to buy two with Ironium. Details here.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/187206-details-on-space-battles-rewards-ironium-and-perma-camo/

[AAA]
Members
1,120 posts
12,432 battles

I play to buy one module with the free itondiom I get from playing randoms. Most likely the conq as it is the 10 I am the furthest from but otherwise I’ll earn them. 

[LOU1]
Members
4,095 posts
11,508 battles
54 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

I play to buy one module with the free itondiom I get from playing randoms. Most likely the conq as it is the 10 I am the furthest from but otherwise I’ll earn them. 

You can only earn 480 Ironium in Randoms.  That is, unless you buy one of the 240 Ironium missions for 5k Doubloons.  You can earn a total of 760 for free if you complete all of the Space Battle missions.

[AAA]
Members
1,120 posts
12,432 battles
4 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

You can only earn 480 Ironium in Randoms.  That is, unless you buy one of the 240 Ironium missions for 5k Doubloons.  You can earn a total of 760 for free if you complete all of the Space Battle missions.

I'll be earning all the leg modules from playing the ships then! 

[LOU1]
Members
4,095 posts
11,508 battles
1 minute ago, wstugamd said:

I'll be earning all the leg modules from playing the ships then! 

Space battles can be seen as a way to play some Tier 10 ships...

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

And they have a T7 economy, so you should make coin, especially with the right flags and camo. Plus all the Cmdr XP becomes ECXP.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,017 posts
22,432 battles
39 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

And they have a T7 economy, so you should make coin,

Not necessarily on the coin as the economy goes both ways for the T7...post battle costs are T7 economy but XP & credits earned are also the same as T7 economy.

The ECXP is nice but you're not raking it in as fast as you would playing a T10 w/a 19 point commander (or even better a T8 w/a 19 point commander shooting at T10s w/the new boost to earnings for being up tiered)...but for those w/out T8s or above (or a regular 19 point commander) it's a nice way to grind some ECXP out.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
12 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Not necessarily on the coin as the economy goes both ways for the T7...post battle costs are T7 economy but XP & credits earned are also the same as T7 economy.

The ECXP is nice but you're not raking it in as fast as you would playing a T10 w/a 19 point commander (or even better a T8 w/a 19 point commander shooting at T10s w/the new boost to earnings for being up tiered)...but for those w/out T8s or above (or a regular 19 point commander) it's a nice way to grind some ECXP out.

T7 is widely consided the best for payout vs service cost without premium time.

[PVE]
Members
5,017 posts
22,432 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

T7 is widely consided the best for payout vs service cost without premium time.

I was thinking in terms of the flags & camo...best to use them on higher tiers (if you run them) as they ignore service costs & just add the percentages to what is earned before service costs & T10 earnings are higher than T7 earnings so you will get more for the flags & camos...but of course that all depends on your performance in each...an awesome T7 battle will definitely balance out to more earnings than a mediocre T10.

[LOU1]
Members
4,095 posts
11,508 battles
50 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

That is fine if you have a 19-point commander (personally, I have several).  For those without one (like my F2P account), this is one of the few ways to earn ECXP, although it is a lot less than some past events (Dynamo, I'm looking at you).  I have really noticed the reduced ECXP earnings, though, because I have been mainly driving DDs.  While there have been a couple of high damage battles, I have been mostly scouting and spotting.  Some of my highest spotting damage and lowest damage games I've had.  Damage seems to heavily drive XP earning.

My comments were aimed at the utility of the mode if you don't have a 19-point Commander.  And, I was also trying to "soften" the pain of playing a non-historical ship in a fantasy mode.

[AAA]
Members
1,120 posts
12,432 battles
23 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

I have every t10 and all have 19 pt capt minus 3 that are at 18. I’m grinding the mods, making bank, and elite capt xp

[LOU1]
Members
4,095 posts
11,508 battles
5 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

I have every t10 and all have 19 pt capt minus 3 that are at 18. I’m grinding the mods, making bank, and elite capt xp

Do Space Battles count for the UUs?

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
1 minute ago, ExploratorOne said:

Do Space Battles count for the UUs?

No. You have to play the ship the UU is going on to grind that UU.

[LOU1]
Members
4,095 posts
11,508 battles
20 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

No. You have to play the ship the UU is going on to grind that UU.

That's what I thought.  Grinding the 15 battles of Stage 4 for DM in PvE right now.  Realized I was not especially into playing a lot of Space Battles this time around and spent 5k Santa Crate Doubloons on the Commander Ironium mission last night.  Took three CV battles in Aegis (one each nation) to complete that mission.  Now, I am stuck on which UU to get.  I am "almost" done with the DM UU and halfway through the HIV Stage 3.  Seems a waste to negate all of that work, so I am thinking of getting the Hindy UU since I tend to like to push with that ship.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
Just now, ExploratorOne said:

That's what I thought.  Grinding the 15 battles of Stage 4 for DM.  Realized I was not especially into playing a lot of Space Battles this timer around and spent 5k Santa Crate Doubloons on the Commander Ironium mission.  Took three CV battles in Aegis (one each nation) to complete that mission.  Now, I am stuck on which UU to get.  I am "almost" done with the DM UU and halfway through the HIV Stage 3.  Seems a waste to negate all of that work, so I am thinking of getting the Hindy UU since I tend to like to push with that ship.

Yeah, the Win 15 battles in a DM in co-op is pretty easy. I would not negate the work either.

Here is the master list of the all the ships, so you can see the math done to help you pick.

DM UU tldr, give up slot 6 range/reload module for faster accel, best stacked with Prop Mod 2 in slot 4.

Henri IV tldr, give up slot 5 CE module and an extra 10% for reload and range boost. Stacks with range or reload in slot 6.

Hindenburg tldr give up slot 5 CE mod for extra fire, flood and rudder shift. They stack with those options in slot 4 depending on which you pick there. Personally I would go with DCSM2 in slot 4 to stack.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
4,095 posts
11,508 battles
25 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yeah, the Win 15 battles in a DM in co-op is pretty easy. I would not negate the work either.

Here is the master list of the all the ships, so you can see the math done to help you pick.

DM UU tldr, give up slot 6 range/reload module for faster accel, best stacked with Prop Mod 2 in slot 4.

Henri IV tldr, give up slot 5 CE module and an extra 10% for reload and range boost. Stacks with range or reload in slot 6.

Hindenburg tldr give up slot 5 CE mod for extra fire, flood and rudder shift. They stack with those options in slot 4 depending on which you pick there. Personally I would go with DCSM2 in slot 4 to stack.

LOL, I have had them open in my browser for the last few days.  Wonderful work!

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

LOL, I have had them open in my browser for the last few days.  Wonderful work!

You are welcome. Trying to get people who have used them to leave detailed feedback is hard.

I just got the DM UU, so the others are all based on the math, not experience. Not to mention, I'm a co-op main.

Edited by Kizarvexis
more info

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,637 battles
On 4/8/2019 at 5:36 PM, ExploratorOne said:

It's Ironium - who cares :)

Edited by Commander_367

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,701 battles
23 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

That is fine if you have a 19-point commander (personally, I have several).  For those without one (like my F2P account), this is one of the few ways to earn ECXP, although it is a lot less than some past events (Dynamo, I'm looking at you).  I have really noticed the reduced ECXP earnings, though, because I have been mainly driving DDs.  While there have been a couple of high damage battles, I have been mostly scouting and spotting.  Some of my highest spotting damage and lowest damage games I've had.  Damage seems to heavily drive XP earning.

My comments were aimed at the utility of the mode if you don't have a 19-point Commander.  And, I was also trying to "soften" the pain of playing a non-historical ship in a fantasy mode.

I currently have 3 japanese(one commanding each class), 1 French(BB), 1 American(BB), 1 German(BB), 1 British(BB).  And about 6 more between 15-18 pts.  I have have multiple premium BBs for both Japan and UK.  When I have time most of my play is geared toward generating Elite Commander XP to get 19 point commanders for all the classes and nations I play.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
3 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

I currently have 3 japanese(one commanding each class), 1 French(BB), 1 American(BB), 1 German(BB), 1 British(BB).  And about 6 more between 15-18 pts.  I have have multiple premium BBs for both Japan and UK.  When I have time most of my play is geared toward generating Elite Commander XP to get 19 point commanders for all the classes and nations I play.

I designated this year the Year of the Cmdr for me and I'm close to my 4th 19pt Cmdr. DM, Bismarck (GK), Amagi (Yamato) and 212k to go on Lightning (Daring). Next up will be my 12pt Shchors (Moskva) Cmdr.