You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ALROCHA

Ironium Joke [Event feedback]

27 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
671 posts
2,542 battles

image.png.fff351b5bc349c7c19dc694fa0fdf2f1.png

A well played match usually nets 1400 base exp....

Basically, play good 60+ matches

I believe the fastest match would be around 10 minutes.

That's 600 minutes or 10 hour of pure gameplay to comeplete this part of the mission, IF you're playing good, reduced by premium.

Yep, 10+ hours of tedious gameplay in a tedious gamemode that won't reward your account with exp/economy, add to that the queue and loading time and you'll have to play around 11~12 hours to complete THIS PHASE.

WG released the event's detail before april 1st because they thought that their event was supposed to be serious...indeed...what the perfect joke for april 1st.

• Cool 3

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles

It's not base xp, it's overall xp. So xp-boosting flags will help. But yes it is a bit much for those who can't play that often, and with clan battles going on, which sucks up 4 days for a lot of people. 

[INTEL]
Members
12,353 posts
34,329 battles

New map in today's new mode. 

Yes, that's right, for this game mode, WG can make a new map. For Randoms and Coop.... haha no. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,329 posts
12,767 battles

On the other hand, imagine how much elite captain XP you will generate! :Smile_izmena:

Seriously, though, I have better things to do. Space Battles this year has become all about Tier 10 shipowners trying to shortcut their UU module grinds, which they sure as hell aren't going to do playing this; might as well get into their T10 ships and do the grind the honest way, without the time pressure. I am becoming convinced that WG did this to fk with the minds of slack-jawed windowlickers who saw this as an actual true shortcut.

Me? I'm in it for the cruiser space permacamos from the Fly Strike Win directives. The ironium it brings me is going towards space captains. I know my limitations. Others should be willing to admit theirs, not come here and scream and rage about how WG is supposedly obliging them to attempt the impossible. Nobody's holding a gun to anyone's head. Stop behaving as if they are.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
9,825 battles

I'd use tons of xp boosting camo's and flags if I bothered playing space battles. Honestly not sure how many normal players would have but I have more of just about any flag than I could use in a year of playing at my current rate.

[X-PN]
Members
9,128 posts
10,609 battles

It's overall ship xp, not base xp. 100k ship XP can be done in two days if all you play is space battles, many can complete it in one day.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

On the other hand, imagine how much elite captain XP you will generate! :Smile_izmena:

Seriously, though, I have better things to do. Space Battles this year has become all about Tier 10 shipowners trying to shortcut their UU module grinds, which they sure as hell aren't going to do playing this; might as well get into their T10 ships and do the grind the honest way, without the time pressure. I am becoming convinced that WG did this to fk with the minds of slack-jawed windowlickers who saw this as an actual true shortcut.

Me? I'm in it for the cruiser space permacamos from the Fly Strike Win directives. The ironium it brings me is going towards space captains. I know my limitations. Others should be willing to admit theirs, not come here and scream and rage about how WG is supposedly obliging them to attempt the impossible. Nobody's holding a gun to anyone's head. Stop behaving as if they are.

But, but WG is bad. :Smile_sceptic:

Too much whining here since the CV rework.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,353 posts
34,329 battles

The damage and XP looks fine. Here is from a perfectly pedestrian game with no flags and a disconnect in the middle of it. It wont take long with signals...
image.thumb.png.ee3ff4426d182b073800d32f6064ceac.png

Edited by Taichunger

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

The damage and XP looks fine. Here is from a perfectly pedestrian game with no flags and a disconnect in the middle of it. It wont take long with signals...
image.thumb.png.ee3ff4426d182b073800d32f6064ceac.png

I'm dubious that was without flags. 

Spoiler

shot-19_04.08_17_34.24-0051.thumb.jpg.8fddd34694c8f9f080720d5c9403293b.jpg

[WOLFG]
Members
727 posts

Ship experience:  No flags.  This is from my last 10 games.

1000 average on a loss with average play  - 25 losses - 25000

2500 average on a win with average play - 30 wins -  75000

That's 65 games for an above average win rate .  That is just too much.

...and believe me, your win rate will not be that high.  Pretty much validates what the OP said.  

Edited by Captain_Rawhide
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,863 posts
30 minutes ago, ALROCHA said:

image.png.fff351b5bc349c7c19dc694fa0fdf2f1.png

A well played match usually nets 1400 base exp....

Basically, play good 60+ matches

I believe the fastest match would be around 10 minutes.

That's 600 minutes or 10 hour of pure gameplay to comeplete this part of the mission, IF you're playing good, reduced by premium.

Yep, 10+ hours of tedious gameplay in a tedious gamemode that won't reward your account with exp/economy, add to that the queue and loading time and you'll have to play around 11~12 hours to complete THIS PHASE.

WG released the event's detail before april 1st because they thought that their event was supposed to be serious...indeed...what the perfect joke for april 1st.

lol, that's why i don't grind these kind of missions, it doesn't make economic sense, 10 hours even if you make minimum wage you make $150+

Beta Testers
671 posts
2,542 battles

The stress this game mode gives...oh boy...

I'm just not complete mad with them because this event is a "beta test" for other features that might go core in the gameplay, for example, the first map was an amazing change of pace and I'd love to see that in normal games because it forces the players to move out of the spawn to actually cap the enemy's one.

[INTEL]
Members
12,353 posts
34,329 battles
10 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I'm dubious that was without flags. 

Reveal hidden contents

shot-19_04.08_17_34.24-0051.thumb.jpg.8fddd34694c8f9f080720d5c9403293b.jpg

You were in that game. I was in Galaxy on the attackers. I think I got XP boost for destroying the better part of two generators and the space station.

And no, no flags. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,368 posts
13,892 battles

The amount of grinding needed to accomplish anything in this year's space battle convinced me that I was going to mostly ignore them and have only played a half dozen matches, all losses.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
10,728 battles

i don't play a lot but i got some iron-whatever....but did not find anything that interest me in the armory to buy...:Smile_sceptic:

[PP-NA]
Members
78 posts
25,692 battles

I just checked, and, with the ironium I have now plus 100 plus 30 for the last two Fly/Strike/Win directives completed, I'll have 605.  So it's possible to get one of those upgrades without grinding stages 2 & 3 of Ironium Rush.  I'm not going to go nuts trying to get 100K XP within a week.  It's just too much time & trouble.  I'll play the space battles to harvest some more elite cmdr XP, but that's it...  I play WoWs for enjoyment, and, mostly, succeed at that.

Members
111 posts
920 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

It's not base xp, it's overall xp. So xp-boosting flags will help. But yes it is a bit much for those who can't play that often, and with clan battles going on, which sucks up 4 days for a lot of people. 

Why would you waste flags and such for this garbage gamemode?

just a lame skin, like the OP said tedious garbage

[A-I-M]
Members
2,702 posts
12,392 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Seriously, though, I have better things to do. Space Battles this year has become all about Tier 10 shipowners trying to shortcut their UU module grinds..

I presume you’re being sarcastic on the captain XP. Then again, maybe not:

Well, for low-tier players it is a benefit. But I have nine 19-point commanders, almost all on tier 8-9-10 ships, and I can play them at tier 8-9-10 earning levels, on ships with XP-bonus camos and flags, and make progress on ship grinds as well.

I find the game mode rather uninteresting in and of itself, which leaves...

...which leaves you absolutely correct: the ironium is the only reason I’m participating at all, and THAT totally without enthusiasm at all. 

I’m 656k into the 750k damage task, I finish that and dont even bother with the 100k experience task. There’s another 25 ironium in the Norma quest, which will get me to 450, and then done until next week, when I hope a more accessible task will be at hand.

This marks the third straight enthusiasm free grind WG has offered:

PEF

Exeter

Space battles 

What did Abraham Lincoln once say? “If you make a bad bargain, you have to hug it all the tighter.”

[SIAS]
Members
315 posts
12,566 battles

I got my 12 cruiser wins for the patch and will do 1 this week for the contest to try and win a camo but really there is no incentive to play the mode. I am much for focused on playing CV's and grinding Fly, Strike, Win content.

Members
441 posts
451 battles

Space battles just isn't that much fun for me. If it was, I'd play it and let the rewards accumulate as they will, but the fact is that I'd rather spend my limited time playing the ships I like, or am at least grinding. I played 3 space battles, one in each type of ship, and it was like randoms on steroids -- in the bad way. What those people were doing, not even God knows.

Edited by kagero__
misspelling

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,133 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Too much whining here since the CV rework.

Customers complaining about a product is not whining, it is complaining. It is complaining for a very good reason as well. The rework is crap. If it was not crap, people would not complain but since it is crap, players are complaining. 

The Space battles thing was cute the first time it came around, now it is just old and tired with rewards that I don't care about. I am happy it is in the game for those who like it, but as an event, it just isn't interesting unless you don't have tier 10 ships or 19 point captains. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
38 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Customers complaining about a product is not whining, it is complaining. It is complaining for a very good reason as well. The rework is crap. If it was not crap, people would not complain but since it is crap, players are complaining. 

The Space battles thing was cute the first time it came around, now it is just old and tired with rewards that I don't care about. I am happy it is in the game for those who like it, but as an event, it just isn't interesting unless you don't have tier 10 ships or 19 point captains. 

I don't mind complaints for something that people are unhappy with. But lately it seems like everything has to be complained about no matter what it is. There is an easy 480 Ironium to earn in the Directives that can give you up to three 10pt Cmdrs if you need them. Instead of buying Cmdrs, get 120 Ironium from Space Battles and get yourself a UU that you don't have or even one you don't have the T10 for yet. Or if you don't need either UUs or Cmdrs, then buy yourself some economic flags, camo or premium time.  You get $82 (20,000 doubloons worth of perma camo for the T6 to T9 US CAs and the T6 to T9 French cruisers, just by grinding the Directives, which are not hard. You can get 18,000 coal for just completing the Directives and another 2,500 from two of the Missions. And people are acting like they are getting nothing this patch. Well, if you already have all the flags, Cmdrs, camo, premium time, & perma-camo you need and don't need any coal for flags, special upgrades, ships, etc, then bully :etc_swear: great for you. It's like the general attitude is one of anger over the CV rework so nothing is good no matter what? Well damn, do people need a personal foot rub or something?

kxCwBIl.jpg

No, I'm not volunteering for foot rubs. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,133 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I don't mind complaints for something that people are unhappy with. But lately it seems like everything has to be complained about no matter what it is. There is an easy 480 Ironium to earn in the Directives that can give you up to three 10pt Cmdrs if you need them. Instead of buying Cmdrs, get 120 Ironium from Space Battles and get yourself a UU that you don't have or even one you don't have the T10 for yet. Or if you don't need either UUs or Cmdrs, then buy yourself some economic flags, camo or premium time.  You get $82 (20,000 doubloons worth of perma camo for the T6 to T9 US CAs and the T6 to T9 French cruisers, just by grinding the Directives, which are not hard. You can get 18,000 coal for just completing the Directives and another 2,500 from two of the Missions. And people are acting like they are getting nothing this patch. Well, if you already have all the flags, Cmdrs, camo, premium time, & perma-camo you need and don't need any coal for flags, special upgrades, ships, etc, then bully :etc_swear: great for you. It's like the general attitude is one of anger over the CV rework so nothing is good no matter what? Well damn, do people need a personal foot rub or something?

No, I'm not volunteering for foot rubs. :Smile_teethhappy:

When people are unhappy they are liable to complain more than when they are happy. Many of the surviving player base are not happy with Wargaming nor the direction of the game. The fact they still care enough to interact shows there could be hope if Wargaming does not blow it. It isn't anger that Wargaming should worry about, it is indifference. One only has to look at the forum to see many players are angry but engaged. The indifferent player will just quit without saying a word and are far more dangerous for the survival of the game.

• Cool 4

[STW-M]
Members
302 posts
8,753 battles

Unhappily some people are happy to complain that they are unhappy, seeming to forget that happiness, is a warm gun.

Not in the mood to be serious.

• Cool 1