You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
saintsfan1622000

Where is the missing content? It's been about three years...

25 comments in this topic

[ALOFT]
Members
556 posts
14,397 battles

Something I’ve thought for some time now is why does the game lack more features, specifically competitive features?

When you think about it WoWs is really a competitive, PvP-focused game. Yes, operations and Co-Op exist, but even in those modes you’re trying to get the most XP on your team, so indirectly fighting your team for the top spot on the score screen.

So why is there not an in-game leaderboard for players and clans to fight over? There are many categories to include, such as average damage, most damage in a game, average kills, most XP, average XP, etc. And clan leaderboards for activity, participation, win rate, K/D, etc.

I just feel that even though WoWs is about three years into “full” release now the game just lacks so many basic features, again, when you consider the game is all about player vs. player, directly or indirectly.

Clan battles can only be played on certain day and at certain times. Many people just can’t make it on those days and times. Leaderboards would give them something else to grind toward.

WG has added naval battles, which is great for clans to work on together, but with that the leaderboards don’t make sense as my clan has won all but one week’s battles and puts up over 130 stars each week and still clans that put up far fewer stars than us are ahead of us. I wish WG would offer an explanation on how the leaderboards work. Also, giving players an individual reward would great since many veteran clans really don’t need much more oil, so oil does not mean much to us at this point.

Tanks has much more in this way than ships. I know Tanks is a much bigger game and appeals to more people, but maybe if WG added more to ships it would attract more players? How about a global map as Tanks has? Where are the additional stronghold modes? We just have clan battles. 

I know not everyone is into competitive, but I think there should be more options and variety for those who are, again, since the game’s basis is competitive gameplay.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[RKLES]
Members
12,246 posts
13,897 battles

Well right now Wargaming still has stability issues to work out with WOWs before they could ever take WOWs into a more competitive position in the online gaming world.

[90THG]
Members
548 posts
7,847 battles
25 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Something I’ve thought for some time now is why does the game lack more features, specifically competitive features?

When you think about it WoWs is really a competitive, PvP-focused game. Yes, operations and Co-Op exist, but even in those modes you’re trying to get the most XP on your team, so indirectly fighting your team for the top spot on the score screen.

So why is there not an in-game leaderboard for players and clans to fight over? There are many categories to include, such as average damage, most damage in a game, average kills, most XP, average XP, etc. And clan leaderboards for activity, participation, win rate, K/D, etc.

I just feel that even though WoWs is about three years into “full” release now the game just lacks so many basic features, again, when you consider the game is all about player vs. player, directly or indirectly.

Clan battles can only be played on certain day and at certain times. Many people just can’t make it on those days and times. Leaderboards would give them something else to grind toward.

WG has added naval battles, which is great for clans to work on together, but with that the leaderboards don’t make sense as my clan has won all but one week’s battles and puts up over 130 stars each week and still clans that put up far fewer stars than us are ahead of us. I wish WG would offer an explanation on how the leaderboards work. Also, giving players an individual reward would great since many veteran clans really don’t need much more oil, so oil does not mean much to us at this point.

Tanks has much more in this way than ships. I know Tanks is a much bigger game and appeals to more people, but maybe if WG added more to ships it would attract more players? How about a global map as Tanks has? Where are the additional stronghold modes? We just have clan battles. 

I know not everyone is into competitive, but I think there should be more options and variety for those who are, again, since the game’s basis is competitive gameplay.

The only thing I can chime in on here is the clan battles leaderboards as I never got into tanks and stats to me or just numbers. 

The leaderboard thing I believe is done this way, 

Say you have a clan of 50 people and they all got 2 stars, that’s 100 stars for the clan so on the flip side if you have a clan of 25 people and they got 4 stars each, who did better? The clan with 50 people and 2 stars or the clan with 25 people and 4 stars? I mean you each got to 100 stars but why shouldn’t the clan that earned more stars per person be higher than the clan that didn’t? I’d be willing to bet this is roughly how the clan battle leaderboards are decided. Not the total number of stars earned but rather the average stars earned throughout the clan and I say this because if you have a clan of 50 people and 10 people got 10 stars for a total of 100 but no one else in the clan earned any, why should that clan be rewarded with a higher place than the clan that had more people participate?

people often forget this is a game focused heavily on teamwork. Yeah sure, you get the occasional carry but at the end of the day if the team(or in this case, clan) didnt work together or play their part, 99 percent of the time you’re going to lose. 

[ALOFT]
Members
556 posts
14,397 battles

But still, it puts you up against another clan. We're 7-1 in our eight engagements. We've won most of them by 20 or more stars. That doesn't matter how many players have earned those stars as the other clans are always about the same size as us. 

[90THG]
Members
548 posts
7,847 battles
6 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

But still, it puts you up against another clan. We're 7-1 in our eight engagements. We've won most of them by 20 or more stars. That doesn't matter how many players have earned those stars as the other clans are always about the same size as us. 

But if only half the clan participated why should the clan be rewarded as a whole? 

[ALOFT]
Members
556 posts
14,397 battles

But the clan is rewarded on the whole with oil. 

I'm just saying we've been very consistent and put up 130 or so stars each week. We've made it a point to get as many people in the clan involved as possible and normally have 40 plus members bringing in stars. We should not be penalized for being a large, active clan. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,516 posts
58 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Why do you think that is?

Could it have to do with the fact that 90% of the players aren't competitive in any way shape or form? 

Perhaps the fact that it has a far older, and far different population than WOT?

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that WOWS  has never reached 5% of WOT's peak population?

Why are there virtually no fan sites dedicated to this game?

Why do you few competitive people continue to pretend this is a competitive game? :Smile_amazed:

There is a solid reason for Clan battle time slots, and a solid reason they are pushing cross server CB.....

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 3

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,634 posts
19,351 battles

Seattle. Play to blow up ships. I am addicted to that sound you hear when you sink that ship.

Everything else is gravy.

I'm happy to get 8 stars out of 10 attempts.

I'm happy to see my name In the top 4 at end of match.

I'm happy not to go pink.

I'm happy to have earned 240 steel over 2 days.

Most of all, I'm happy to have 2 to 6 other people to play with....

• Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,298 posts
18,473 battles
43 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Most of all, I'm happy to have 2 to 6 other people to play with....

And I'm even happier when none of them on my team torp me either by accident or by just not caring.

• Funny 1

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles

I loved the strongholds mode in WOT. I wish WOWS would cook up something like that.

[BS]
Members
1,967 posts
10,407 battles
11 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

There is a reason why so many people in this game are in Wolf Clans.

What is a "wolf" clan?

Members
3,370 posts
12,111 battles
3 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

What is a "wolf" clan?

Mostly solo players. But join the clan to partake in the clan base benefits. Some of them do play clan battles and division though. There are a bunch of them, I considered joining one of them at one point just cause I play so much; probably help with resource collection. 

[NSEW]
Members
1,726 posts
10,368 battles

One thing I'd like WG to impliment is route to earning more Iron. As far as I'm aware. You can only get such currency by participating in a Clan war or such. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

WoWS is not nor ever has been a "highly competitive" PVP game.

Competitive PVP games include titles like Starcraft/Starcraft 2, DOTA2/League of Legends, Counterstrike, Overwatch, and more-- you know, games that are intensely skill and reaction focused. No title WG has ever produced could ever be considered a competitive PVP environment when its competition is some of the most competitive gaming in the market and have their own worldwide sports leagues.

I mean, seriously, WG has been laughed out of every attempt at e-sports it's ever attempted to join. It's not even in the same neighborhood as "highly competitive" PVP titles. And part of it is WG's developers have no idea how to construct a game that has balanced, competitive elements, but claim they do. Nothing is worse than an incompetent who thinks they're an expert.

So that last sentence there is why your clan wars stuff makes no sense. And also Clan Wars isn't the competitive game mode to begin with. Ranked is supposed to be, except it's probably the worst implementation of a ranked ladder I've ever experienced, as it's not a skill ladder but yet another stupid item collection grind. Get good? Naw. Get stars. Don't gotta be good, just gotta be on the team that RNGs to victory.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,634 posts
19,351 battles
6 hours ago, Umikami said:

And I'm even happier when none of them on my team torp me either by accident or by just not caring.

When your having fun with div mates, sometimes a pink will happen....

Usually alchohol is involved....

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,151 posts
7,357 battles
12 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

What is a "wolf" clan?

Mutli clan group that mostly plays solo without much in the way of play time requirements or comms. Mine does however play CB and made it to Typhoon last season.

[AAA]
Members
1,728 posts
12,715 battles
15 hours ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Frankly, most do not care about competitive modes or a leaderboard of any kind. This game appeals to a different more laid back population than the League/FPS crowd. WG is not going to waste its time creating or further developing features that may only appeal to 5% of the game’s players.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,791 battles
14 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Mostly solo players. But join the clan to partake in the clan base benefits. Some of them do play clan battles and division though. There are a bunch of them, I considered joining one of them at one point just cause I play so much; probably help with resource collection. 

Bonuses on resources, bonuses on ship XP (and I think discounts on combat costs too), bonuses on captain XP, discounts on tech-tree ships. Small ones but it all adds up over time. 

Do it.

Do it now.

[PVE]
Members
3,835 posts
16,370 battles
16 hours ago, awiggin said:

Why do you think that is?

Could it have to do with the fact that 90% of the players aren't competitive in any way shape or form? 

Perhaps the fact that it has a far older, and far different population than WOT?     

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that WOWS  has never reached 5% of WOT's peak population?

Why are there virtually no fan sites dedicated to this game?

Why do you few competitive people continue to pretend this is a competitive game? :Smile_amazed:

There is a solid reason for Clan battle time slots, and a solid reason they are pushing cross server CB.....

Yep !   That's the gist of it !

AND, if you haven't noticed, this is a slow game.......  We could use Golf commentators if we ever get to e-Sports:   "and now Jim, as the Yamato maneuvers into position on the far side of that atoll, his guns are woefully slow........."  YAWN.....   Grass grows faster and is more exciting.....

Look guys, what we have is all that is planned....  Other than trying to make it a faster young adult arcade shooter.........that it really isn't........and at 8.0, failed as bad as I've ever seen any game implode !!!  

If WG were smart, they'd go the other way:   they should make WoWs a mature, history based arcade shooter that appeals to the older generations and leave WoTs and WoPs as their young adult platforms; and, should look into a space game with Halloween ghoul inspired space craft powered by Unlimitium engines that fold time and space, that are Captained by Anime, Manga, high school and dark novel characters !!!

And leave this freaking game alone.............

Forgot:  Competitive modes create "Toxic Meritocracies;" and, if significantly un-governed, implode games and game play...........

Edited by Asym_KS
added content I forget

In AlfaTesters
380 posts

What with RNG, Sigma, Dispersion the game whittles down skill quite a bit to level the playing field.

I don’t think competitive is a word this game deserves.

Why do you think loot crates are so popular?  This game attracts the ‘gambler’ crowd.  Don’t need to be good, just lucky.

The real e-sport games are nowhere near as pathetically random as this game.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,162 posts
7,261 battles
1 hour ago, JustAdapt said:

Frankly, most do not care about competitive modes or a leaderboard of any kind. This game appeals to a different more laid back population than the League/FPS crowd. WG is not going to waste its time creating or further developing features that may only appeal to 5% of the game’s players.

Unless it's CVs....:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,835 posts
16,370 battles
14 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

WoWS is not nor ever has been a "highly competitive" PVP game.

Competitive PVP games include titles like Starcraft/Starcraft 2, DOTA2/League of Legends, Counterstrike, Overwatch, and more-- you know, games that are intensely skill and reaction focused. No title WG has ever produced could ever be considered a competitive PVP environment when its competition is some of the most competitive gaming in the market and have their own worldwide sports leagues.

I mean, seriously, WG has been laughed out of every attempt at e-sports it's ever attempted to join. It's not even in the same neighborhood as "highly competitive" PVP titles. And part of it is WG's developers have no idea how to construct a game that has balanced, competitive elements, but claim they do. Nothing is worse than an incompetent who thinks they're an expert.

So that last sentence there is why your clan wars stuff makes no sense. And also Clan Wars isn't the competitive game mode to begin with. Ranked is supposed to be, except it's probably the worst implementation of a ranked ladder I've ever experienced, as it's not a skill ladder but yet another stupid item collection grind. Get good? Naw. Get stars. Don't gotta be good, just gotta be on the team that RNGs to victory.

Some perspective.  I lecture at Universities/Colleges/organizations on and off....  Several, now have formal e-Sports clubs.   And, since I have the opportunity, I demo games I play (because I am older and have experienced video games since their inception) !  Last year, it was Mechwarrior Online and World of Warships....  Ah, out of the 325, 18 through 30 aged student players, whom are all  playing an e-Sports game, ZERO had any interest in either of the games.....  I demo'd the quarter final e-Sport matches in MWO and a series of Random battles in WoWs.......  Not even a hint of interest.   To slow and too boring......(and, for a small sample: to military.) 

They are playing games with: 5x ++ the graphics; e-Sports budgets in the millions; active and real time recruiters; paid professional gamers; and, games whose parent companies are used as e-Business examples in the curriculum (Harvard Business School and other reputable, peer reviewed sources have case studies of the videogame industry....)

As above......no.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,631 posts
10,535 battles
59 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Bonuses on resources, bonuses on ship XP (and I think discounts on combat costs too), bonuses on captain XP, discounts on tech-tree ships. Small ones but it all adds up over time. 

Do it.

Do it now.

I'm a player who has literally no interest in any of that.  None.   400 million credits, 1.3 million fre xp...   For me, there's nothing to buy that matters to me, so there are no reasons to join.   I mean, if Glowworm ever shows up, THAT I'll want.

Beta Testers
160 posts
41,780 battles
18 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Well right now Wargaming still has stability issues to work out with WOWs before they could ever take WOWs into a more competitive position in the online gaming world.

stressed-technician-working-on-broken-server-F72K5E.jpg