You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kami

Twitch Bits Feedback (Bits N' Ships)

29 comments in this topic

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,212 battles

Hello Captains!

Twitch bits have been announced and we want your feedback on this! Find the FAQ here: 

PWFs.png

Thanks!

• Cool 1

[PRAVD]
[PRAVD]
Members
67 posts
2,219 battles

Still pretty lackluster, coming from a 3 year vet. Dont let the number of battles fool you, I have been through with the game's journey. Anyways, still bland. What about the players who dont use twitch or watch it? MEH

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,212 battles
9 minutes ago, Wolffe_Commander said:

Still pretty lackluster, coming from a 3 year vet. Dont let the number of battles fool you, I have been through with the game's journey. Anyways, still bland. What about the players who dont use twitch or watch it? MEH

The twitch bits are an added incentive to recruit friends to play World of Warships and use them on your favorite streamer. This offer isn't going to be for everyone but for players that do use twitch and have a favorite streamer this is a way to earn some bits for recruiting friends. 

[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
646 posts
59 minutes ago, iKami said:

The twitch bits are an added incentive to recruit friends to play World of Warships and use them on your favorite streamer. This offer isn't going to be for everyone but for players that do use twitch and have a favorite streamer this is a way to earn some bits for recruiting friends. 

No good deed goes unpunished.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,683 posts
4,602 battles

I watch Twitch.  I have no idea what Bits are good for, if anything?  Just something to give streamers?

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles
46 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I watch Twitch.  I have no idea what Bits are good for, if anything?  Just something to give streamers?

Bits are a way to cheer on your favorite World of Warships streamer!  When you do, not only do you provide encouragement, but Twitch actually shares revenue made from their sale with them.  

0 posts

isn't there an increased risk of people recruiting bots as substitutes for friends? after all 201 qualified referrals seem rather unrealistic for what I'd consider normal or usual :         

1-10 qualified referral - 1000 bits for each.
                 11-50 qualified referral - 1200 for each.
                 51-100 qualified referral – 1500 for each.
                 101-200 qualified referral - 1700 for each.
                 201+ qualified referall - 2000 for each.

just my 2cents on this.

[CIAO]
Members
167 posts
16,630 battles

Requested feedback;

I don't use Twitch.  I just signed up to get the free container thingy a month or so ago.  I have no interest in using Twitch (that's what YouTube is for).  So this isn't an added incentive.  Then again the rest of the non-twitch incentive are pretty meh.  Neither of these things would effect my recommendation to others to (yes) play the game though.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,099 posts
18,104 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

isn't there an increased risk of people recruiting bots as substitutes for friends? after all 201 qualified referrals seem rather unrealistic for what I'd consider normal or usual

There's always that risk, though it would probably get suspicious fast if a bunch of new recruits connected to you got reported.

200 referrals is totally within the realm of possibility if the recruiter is a social media influencer of one sort or another.

[WOLF6]
Members
855 posts
7,914 battles

Sad , first WG nerfs the rewards for referring a friend and then adds something useless for a lot of people to "sweeten" the deal . Just bring back the original rewards if y'all can't think of anything better to offer .

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
116 posts
9,263 battles

I haven't seen a twitch drop after the first week despite regularly watching everyone's favorite CCs.  I have no faith in twitch based awards.

[F1RE]
Beta Testers
712 posts
19,271 battles
1 hour ago, Fruta_mala said:

I haven't seen a twitch drop after the first week despite regularly watching everyone's favorite CCs.  I have no faith in twitch based awards.

Sorry to hear that as I have the Twitch containers drop regularly and got one this morning.

[A-D-F]
6,622 posts
5 hours ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Twitch? wth? Are you guys in trouble or something? 

The game is what it is. You have no serious competition in that regard. I'd focus on keeping it fresh and updated 

Advertise to adults but keep it off the in game interfaces 

Twitch is a massive platform that is most known for gaming.  It's used to stream competitive gaming all the way up to large monetary prize championships.  It's understandable if you don't watch anything on it, many don't.  That doesn't mean it's not a huge part of the gaming community.

I am an adult and I watch some form of gaming on twitch, usually daily.  Most wows CCs stream daily as well and it's both a form of entertainment and a source of information about the game.

I think this is a fine idea.

[SALVO]
Alpha Tester
330 posts
20,687 battles

"TWITCH BIT REWARDS START: Wed. Apr. 10 12:00 PM PT / your local time: Thu. Apr. 11 5:00 AM

TWITCH BIT REWARDS END: Sun. Apr. 07 11:59 PM PT / your local time: Mon. Apr. 08 4:59 PM

"

Thats WG for you, posting an END date that is BEFORE the start date......

The correct date is may7, from the game center and another forum post

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/world_of_friendship/

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,212 battles
11 hours ago, arrrgh said:

"TWITCH BIT REWARDS START: Wed. Apr. 10 12:00 PM PT / your local time: Thu. Apr. 11 5:00 AM

TWITCH BIT REWARDS END: Sun. Apr. 07 11:59 PM PT / your local time: Mon. Apr. 08 4:59 PM

"

Thats WG for you, posting an END date that is BEFORE the start date......

The correct date is may7, from the game center and another forum post

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/world_of_friendship/

Thank you for pointing this out Arrrgh. We will get that fixed.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Alpha Tester
330 posts
20,687 battles
21 minutes ago, iKami said:

Thank you for pointing this out Arrrgh. We will get that fixed.

Good to see a response :)

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
116 posts
9,263 battles
On 4/11/2019 at 9:16 AM, bat1159man said:

Sorry to hear that as I have the Twitch containers drop regularly and got one this morning.

That was me for the first week.  Then nothing ever again, for 3+ months.  And Wargaming's  customer "service" replied to my trouble ticket saying this was random chance.  They didn't even look into it.  :(

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles
On April 13, 2019 at 11:21 PM, Fruta_mala said:

That was me for the first week.  Then nothing ever again, for 3+ months.  And Wargaming's  customer "service" replied to my trouble ticket saying this was random chance.  They didn't even look into it.  :(

You have to watch streamers that enable drops. No way of knowing of they enabled it unless it's in the title. 

Also from what I've read you can't mute the stream. I put the volume almost but not quite all the way down and have never had a problem with drops. 

[PVE]
Members
11,301 posts
21,788 battles
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, iKami said:

Hello Captains!

Twitch bits have been announced and we want your feedback on this! Find the FAQ here: 

PWFs.png

Thanks!

The old system for recruiting was much better. WE actually got something of value for taking the time to try and bring more players in to the game. Now it is just 1000 coal (I can get that in 2 daily crates) and Twitch bits. Yeah.

So let me get this straight, I do something to help WG grow it's player base but most of what I get for that is meant to benefit someone else (Streamers). Yeah that is brilliant WG just brilliant.

The people at your company that come up with this stuff amaze me. This might be worse than the Ring fiasco.

There is ZERO incentive now to invite people. I am not doing it so I can give something to a Streamer.

Totally lame WG = LAME!

[PVE]
Members
11,301 posts
21,788 battles
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:54 AM, Burnsy said:

Twitch is a massive platform that is most known for gaming.  It's used to stream competitive gaming all the way up to large monetary prize championships.  It's understandable if you don't watch anything on it, many don't.  That doesn't mean it's not a huge part of the gaming community.

I am an adult and I watch some form of gaming on twitch, usually daily.  Most wows CCs stream daily as well and it's both a form of entertainment and a source of information about the game.

I think this is a fine idea.

I have nothing against Twitch and watch a few streamers (WOWS) on it. But how is rewarding our efforts to grow the game with Twitch bits that benefit others a good reward for us? It makes no sense and offers ZERO incentive to bother. The old system made it worth it. This new one is just stupid frankly.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,648 posts
14,540 battles

Any idea when the normal Twitch drops will be fixed? 

When this new promotion started I received 5 of the Space drops (notices), no SCs.  That was late Monday or most likely early Tuesday ... normally get Twitch container(s) in the morning.  That was the last time I received anything from Twitch, including normal containers ... it's been 3-4 days and I usually have a stream running all day.  I know it's not just me, I've seen many, many others as well saying they haven't received any drops in days.

I did send in a support ticket but doubt I'll see any help over the weekend ... thinking when the event ends, that may fix it.

[WOOKY]
Members
214 posts
10,925 battles

I haven't seen any twitch drops since last Monday, myself. 

I agree that the new payoff for getting new players isn't worth anything.  I get something that is only good to give away, and therefore have no incentive to do so.  Great idea, WoWS.

[VOP]
Members
526 posts
On 4/11/2019 at 6:30 AM, nastydamnanimal said:

Twitch? wth? Are you guys in trouble or something? 

The game is what it is. You have no serious competition in that regard. I'd focus on keeping it fresh and updated 

Advertise to adults but keep it off the in game interfaces 

Add more maps for all tiers to keep it fresh!  Stop wasting time messing with the island size and location in current maps.

[A-D-F]
6,622 posts
On 4/19/2019 at 7:15 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

I have nothing against Twitch and watch a few streamers (WOWS) on it. But how is rewarding our efforts to grow the game with Twitch bits that benefit others a good reward for us? It makes no sense and offers ZERO incentive to bother. The old system made it worth it. This new one is just stupid frankly.

Not everything is about me personally gaining an instant reward.   This feature creates a benefit for the larger picture, the community as a whole.

I enjoy the game and so I want to see it continue to grow and expand. Sure I can't use the rewards for myself but if I can use things that I got for free, to support others who's content I enjoy and who also support the game, I am all about that. 

I benefit something from them via entertainment, information and some free in game stuff (when it works). They in turn benefit something from me and maybe the game picks up some new players along the way. That's win all around as far as I am concerned. 

Do I want as much (useful) stuff as possible for me?  Of course.

Am I going to pass on free stuff to others who also support the game, so that they can benefit from their own efforts?  Absolutely.

• Meh 1