You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
captinjoehenry

Ironium Des Moines or Henri IV Mod?

9 comments in this topic

Members
66 posts
512 battles

Should I use my ironium for Des Moines or Henri IV Unique Mod?  I'm planning on getting both of them but I'm not sure which of them is a better use of my Ironium on account of not planning to spend dubloons on getting 2 legendary mods with ironium.

[O7]
Members
2,004 posts
16,362 battles

I would say for clan battles both are great but it would be up to your team lead which ship you'll play more. For randoms I would take henri mod first.

• Cool 1

Members
66 posts
512 battles
44 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

I would say for clan battles both are great but it would be up to your team lead which ship you'll play more. For randoms I would take henri mod first.

Thanks!  I'll go for the Henri IV first as I mostly play randoms.  And I do want to get better at randoms as well.

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
708 posts
6,095 battles

Make sure you eventually get Des Moines UU. It is a riot when maxed for propulsion. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles

I tried the DM legendary mod in clan battles.  It doesn't help with deceleration, and the number of times I helped with accelerating out of a bad situation or open water wasd-ing was less than the number of times ships were *just* out of range. 

[A_51]
Members
961 posts
1 hour ago, captinjoehenry said:

Should I use my ironium for Des Moines or Henri IV Unique Mod?  I'm planning on getting both of them but I'm not sure which of them is a better use of my Ironium on account of not planning to spend dubloons on getting 2 legendary mods with ironium.

Flamuu has a good review of the legendary modules on his YouTube channel.  You might find that helpful.

Members
689 posts
7,037 battles

Both are worth getting eventually and which one you should get first probably depends on which ship type you prefer. Henri is a long range flanker and HE spammer. DM is an island camper and cap supporter. Both legendary mods excentuate these roles, with the Henri one pushing you to even longer ranges and even more HE spamming, and the DM one making you even more of an island camper and even more of a DD hunter. Personally, I prefer the DM mod. I already like the close-range playstyle more, and in my view the DM legendary mod pushes you to take more risks and engage in more exciting gameplay, while the Henri mod does the opposite. Another issue with the Henri mod is that you give up concealment at exactly the ranges where enemy fire becomes really dangerous to you. That 12-14km range ends up becoming critical as your 'last chance to disengage in open water'. While playing with the legendary mod, I found on several occasions that I needed to disengage but was unable to, precisely because I was missing that 2km margin provided by the concealment mod.

That said, if you prefer the flanker playstyle then you will probably see the DM mod as a weird gimmick and the Henri mod as exactly what you need. Again, both legendary mods are worth getting, and which one you get first depends mostly on which ship you prefer.

[WOLF9]
Members
288 posts
7,220 battles
2 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I tried the DM legendary mod in clan battles.  It doesn't help with deceleration, and the number of times I helped with accelerating out of a bad situation or open water wasd-ing was less than the number of times ships were *just* out of range. 

I’ve got the DM mod and it just sits. Nice for quick starts, but that’s it. When I need 3million I will sell it.  Grind it if you can, just don’t spend any kind of currency for it. 

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
3 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

Here's the math, so you can see what they are like.

Henri IV is slot 5 so you give up the CE mod for some buffs/nerfs.

DM is slot 6 so you give up range/reload and you really want to stack it with Prop mod 2 in slot 4 for 0-27 knots in ~8 seconds.

Here is the master list of all the UUs that are currently available.