shadowsrmine

Everyone Keeps Going On n On About Balance!

35 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,496 posts

And no one going on n on about it  never realizing 1ST There is No Balance and there never can be as long as any of the ships are different as soon as you bring difference's into it there will be unbalance  2ND  There are different skill levels there are unicum players and there are Potatoes  and there are the people in between.   Next you people are want to go all  PC  And start demanding Participation Awards.   Now in all  Fairness I am not a unicum player Never will be I am Pure Potato Thru n Thru,   However I'm satisfied with that now if your not there's only one answer  WG   Has to remove all difference's between ships!    Now of course the consequence's of that is the Game Will Be Boring

Participation_Awards.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[WORX]
Members
2,803 posts
14,196 battles
5 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

And no one going on n on about it  never realizing 1ST There is No Balance and there never can be as long as any of the ships are different as soon as you bring difference's into it there will be unbalance  2ND  There are different skill levels there are unicum players and there are Potatoes  and there are the people in between

????:cap_book:???:cap_wander:

Lord kraken forgive him for he dont know what he speaks of.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[O7]
Members
844 posts
13,822 battles

This correct. Balance is impossible because famously, "equal but different" can never be truly equal. It is also true that making everything too similar or the same would be incredibly boring, we are seeing this already as maps change to be more and more alike. 

• Cool 2

[USCC2]
Members
4,549 posts
17 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

txMlGaq.gif

14 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonDemon said:

That pretty much sums up my reaction, too.

Yep!

• Bad 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,496 posts
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

????:cap_book:???:cap_wander:

Lord kraken forgive him for he dont know what he speaks of.

54 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

txMlGaq.gif

51 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonDemon said:

That pretty much sums up my reaction, too.

48 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

@neptunes_wrath always has the perfect memes/gifs lol

32 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

QYmfXrQ.gif

:Smile_great:A Case in point Khaba  VS  Harugumo    So many go on n on about  how   OP   she  Again as I n  many others mentioned how Large,Slow,Easy to spot and hit she is,  OTH   Yes   Khaba  is Easy to spot  Easy to hit she is Not  and if you hit her HE  Ain't gonna work.  Hit  one several times with Missouri  not long ago and the drive  said gonna have to do better than that  HE  ain't gonna work.   I've  sunk  one  Khaba    and it took a team of three to do it  and I've sunk more than a few  Harugumo's.    So if  she's gotta be nerfed so does  Khaba   cause  they didn't nerf her hard enuff  and in addition there many of your favorite ships that will have to be nerfed as well   PS   Perhaps the game will have take a page out of the  PGA/USGA  Handbook  and the Good Players Will Have To Take A Handicap   just to balance everything:Smile_facepalm:

Golf_Handicap.png

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,296 posts
8,090 battles
15 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:A Case in point Khaba  VS  Harugumo    So many go on n on about  how   OP   she  Again as I n  many others mentioned how Large,Slow,Easy to spot and hit she is,  OTH   Yes   Khaba  is Easy to spot  Easy to hit she is Not  and if you hit her HE  Ain't gonna work.  Hit  one several times with Missouri  not long ago and the drive  said gonna have to do better than that  HE  ain't gonna work.   I've  sunk  one  Khaba    and it took a team of three to do it  and I've sunk more than a few  Harugumo's.    So if  she's gotta be nerfed so does  Khaba   cause  they didn't nerf her hard enuff  and in addition there many of your favorite ships that will have to be nerfed as well   PS   Perhaps the game will have take a page out of the  PGA/USGA  Handbook  and the Good Players Will Have To Take A Handicap   just to balance everything:Smile_facepalm:

Golf_Handicap.png

If they have good captains, they can be real tough nuts to crack. I drive USN DD's. So the only way to defeat them I have had any success with is either in a group, or treat them like a cruiser. Have to torpedo them.

In a gun fight one on one. My Benson, Fletcher, Gearing would be shot to Swiss cheese. Quick.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,505 posts
15,773 battles

And this matters because …. ?

• Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,496 posts
15 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

If they have good captains, they can be real tough nuts to crack. I drive USN DD's. So the only way to defeat them I have had any success with is either in a group, or treat them like a cruiser. Have to torpedo them.

In a gun fight one on one. My Benson, Fletcher, Gearing would be shot to Swiss cheese. Quick.

:Smile_great:Yeah people on n on about  Harugumo's   being able to sink BB's  n  cruisers  so has  Khaba   even after supposedly having been nerfed  and no other DD  other than  another Khaba  is gonna hurt with guns your right only torps will do it  Harugumo   OTH  is easily taken out with guns

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,505 posts
15,773 battles
2 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:Yeah people on n on about  Harugumo's   being able to sink BB's  n  cruisers  so has  Khaba   even after supposedly having been nerfed  and no other DD  other than  another Khaba  is gonna hurt with guns your right only torps will do it  Harugumo   OTH  is easily taken out with guns

Use German AP from a Z-52 against a Khab and they melt.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,496 posts
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Use German AP from a Z-52 against a Khab and they melt.

:Smile_great:Fine If  you wanna do German  DD's  I don't

[PQUOD]
Members
1,296 posts
8,090 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

Harugumo   OTH  is easily taken out with guns

may just be me, but the Benson, Fletcher, nor Gearing can duke it out one on one with either. Put them one on one and the ROF from both. Plus armor and heal of the Khab, and don't know if the Hairy Gumball has armor and heal. But both will beat the USN T8-T9 10 times out of 9 in a pure gun fight. The Benson, Fletcher, and Gearing would have to attack in groups, or use concealment advantage and torpedos to defeat either. I say this being a fan of the USN DD's. That's all I own in the top tiers.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,496 posts
2 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

may just be me, but the Benson, Fletcher, nor Gearing can duke it out one on one with either. Put them one on one and the ROF from both. Plus armor and heal of the Khab, and don't know if the Hairy Gumball has armor and heal. But both will beat the USN T8-T9 10 times out of 9 in a pure gun fight. The Benson, Fletcher, and Gearing would have to attack in groups, or use concealment advantage and torpedos to defeat either. I say this being a fan of the USN DD's. That's all I own in the top tiers.

:Smile_great:Well as I said before just Potato Player Myself  OTH  I've taken on a Harugumo  and sank her with my  Gearing   However you can't do that against a  Khaba   you either torp her,run or sink nothing else

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,505 posts
15,773 battles
2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:Fine If  you wanna do German  DD's  I don't

Everybody makes choices

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,496 posts
14 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Everybody makes choices

:Smile_great:What's that got to do with how easily  Harugumo's  taken  out  VS  Khaba?    Harugumo  is fairly easy  to hit and she's Large,Slow and easy to hit  Khaba's  Large Not Slow or Easy to Hit

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,496 posts

:Smile_great:To tell the truth it wouldn't bother me so much if  WG  balanced  thing's  occasionally  if  it weren't for the fact they just like many other Gaming Companys they have a Really Bad History of not doing a good job of that not just once or twice either.   In fact their more than a bit infamous on how they balance some things and not others  Khaba's  just one case in point Can You Say  Russian Bias?:Smile_facepalm: Balanced My Left :etc_swear: Cheek

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,505 posts
15,773 battles
56 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

What's that got to do with how easily  Harugumo's  taken  out  VS  Khaba? 

Nothing. It has to do with your choice about not playing German DDs, which is what was commented on. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Cool 1

Members
2,004 posts
509 battles
On 4/8/2019 at 10:36 PM, Umikami said:

Nothing. It has to do with your choice about not playing German DDs, which is what was commented on. Nothing more, nothing less.

V04mDE5.jpg

• Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,505 posts
15,773 battles
6 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

V04mDE5.jpg

Great Meme (I think I dated that dudes sister.)

• Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,505 posts
15,773 battles
4 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

9rh4aqM.gif

Priceless!

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,496 posts
On 4/8/2019 at 8:09 PM, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

:Smile_great:No the Harugumo  has neither  which is one of the reasons why she's taken down so quickly once seen

• Cool 1

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.