Texas_Vet

How to use NA client to access other servers?

6 comments in this topic

[B_O_W]
Members
392 posts
6,079 battles

How do we modify our existing client config so we can select a different server?

I do have the following assumptions:

• Yes, this would require using a different (unique - not linked) account on every server.  The same is true if you have a second account on your primary server. 
  • It would be kinda neat if our primary account name would become a reserved account on the other servers.  However, I do not think that this is a realistic option.
  •   Surprise!  We get to start a grind all over again on the other server(s)! 
  • And if we had purchased a premium account on our current server (e.g. NA), it is user/server specific. Therefore any another account on any other server server would need a separate purchase for premium time and coin.
  • I have no false assumptions of taking my beloved Tier 7 Fuji from NA and to use it with my commander on either the Asia or EU server.  It would require a unique account that has performed the grind to get that ship at that tier with that defined captain skills.

I ask this as I may be moving out of the US, and may want to a)  keep my current account and b) create a local account (start the grind all over again) to play with some of the locals.

A simple pull down for server selection would be a great answer.  Now that would require a client configuration option for default language so we would not freak out if we selected "Asia" and had the language switch to Korean, Japanese, or Chinese.  I would also assume that all of our client specific settings would transfer functionality between the different servers (same client, so should retain those settings).  Alas, but we all know the proper definition of assume.......

So,

How do I configure my existing client so I can create an account on a different sever but NOT abandon my access to the NA server?

Tks ahead! 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,331 posts
17,513 battles

Two options:

1. Download and install a fresh client for the other server
  2. Use something called a region switcher, I think Aslain's comes with one?

Your other assumptions are 100% correct, you can't take your existing account with stats, battles played, ships and premium time, to another server. Have to start from scratch.

That said, where are you moving? I can play perfectly fine on the NA server from mainland europe, with 110 ping, stable.

• Cool 1

[B_O_W]
Members
392 posts
6,079 battles
On 4/8/2019 at 1:00 PM, Lert said:

Two options:

1. Download and install a fresh client for the other server
  2. Use something called a region switcher, I think Aslain's comes with one?

Your other assumptions are 100% correct, you can't take your existing account with stats, battles played, ships and premium time, to another server. Have to start from scratch.

That said, where are you moving? I can play perfectly fine on the NA server from mainland europe, with 110 ping, stable.

We are going to move to Seoul, South Korea.  My wife has dual citizenship.  The cost for a roof over your head will be less than 500 monthly, which includes wifi and cable, trash, electricity, etc.  Health care cost will be under 100 monthly for the two of us.  When we both hit 66 (next year), it will cost about 10 per month.  Everything is in walking distance, so we will not need a car.  I love the food and speak a little bit of the language.  The culture and history is fascinating!  In retirement, you need intellectual stimulation.

My 3k monthly generated income will do nicely.  On top of that, I can tutor high school students in their English studies and be very active in a good church.

By the way, I am currently using a Mac, so many of the mod's will not work.  Now I assume:

1) the client has a configuration file that points to the server to be used.

2) the same client should be able to be used to go to any server (NA, EU, Asia) and keep your client configuration (language, graphic settings, etc)

Therefore, with the above assumptions, I should have a configuration file that can point to NA and one that points to EU and one that points to Asia.  And yes, I know how to manage different versions of a configuration file (naming conventions to keep confusion away).  I will dig a bit.

It would be very nice to have a simple pull down option when you log in to select either NA, EU, or Asia.

[B_O_W]
Members
392 posts
6,079 battles
On 4/8/2019 at 1:06 PM, LadyJess said:

Am also fine running on EU server from the US.  I run with several military and EU friends there.

Cool.  I also served in Germany with TDY's in England.  I also assume you are running in the NA server as well.....

[SIM]
Members
1,641 posts
On 4/10/2019 at 3:41 PM, Texas_Vet said:

Cool.  I also served in Germany with TDY's in England.  I also assume you are running in the NA server as well.....

Yes