You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheHunter2_EAD

HMS Ark Royal premium ship

23 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles

Every CV player want Ark Royal even me.(except for CV hater). The problem is what tier: VI or VIII. And since azur-lane part 2 is coming out let's have the Capt. & Camo as well.

If going be tier VI the aircraft going be Attacker: Fulmar, Torpedo Bombers: Swordfish, & Carpet Bombers: Skua. If going be a tier VIII I don't know they make up something. 

I know everyone has seen this video let's have a since of humor and watch it again.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles

I don't play CVs, and I'd love Ark Royal in the game.

• Cool 1

[TIPS]
[TIPS]
Beta Testers
144 posts
2,478 battles

You would almost have to make it tier V, if you want to keep the historical planes, which would be cool, and give it +1/-1 MM, and it’d be perfect for the game in its tier.

• Cool 1

[UTWE]
Members
335 posts
4,691 battles

Normally I would say T8 but at T6 it would be cheaper and we already have a T8 premium RN CV Indomitable. Also at T6 it can have the Swordfish which let's be honest Ark Royal has got to have. Also don't you dare disgrace HMS Ark Royal with stupid anime.

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
7 hours ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

Also don't you dare disgrace HMS Ark Royal with stupid anime.

It's just an idea. I haven't seen the anime yet. But I like the characters don't get me wrong I'm doing this for the fans of that anime.

7 hours ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

Normally I would say T8 but at T6 it would be cheaper and we already have a T8 premium RN CV Indomitable. Also at T6 it can have the Swordfish which let's be honest Ark Royal has got to have

And TY 

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,690 posts
5,199 battles

I dunno

Perhaps Wargaming could make Ark Royal a T10

Lets use Graf Zeppelin as a template:

Buff her air group beyond physical reality (TARDIS trans-dimensional), slap bombs and torpedoes on aircraft far beyond capable of carrying them ... make her useless secondaries uber ... 

Yeah, it'll work.

• Funny 2

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,203 posts
11,379 battles

Well, Ark Royal could be a like tier 6 Kaga, Hordes of low tier Swordfish, and she'd be just high enough to be bottom tier in a tier 8 match, so you can torp a Bismarck.

Edited by SgtBeltfed
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:54 PM, SgtBeltfed said:

Well, Ark Royal could be a like tier 6 Kaga, Hordes of low tier Swordfish, and she'd be just high enough to be bottom tier in a tier 8 match, so you can torp a Bismarck.

That I like to see. 

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,690 posts
5,199 battles

So, Ark Royal is on the way.

With Swordfish. Yay.

And ... Skuas.

A shame as the Skua was only really active for one year. The Fulmar was what Ark Royal was carrying during the Bismark hunt, and most of her service life.

I wouldn't mind, if the USN T6 ships were given the Skua's contemporary - the F3F...

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles

Ok WG u can lock up this forum. Since the ARK is Coming to the game there no reason to keep this forum going. 

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
284 posts
25,949 battles

Have seen a few in random, so will it drop with the 8.6 update or be kept in secret till the anniversary of the famous strike on Bismarck

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
5 hours ago, diddlyv said:

Have seen a few in random, so will it drop with the 8.6 update or be kept in secret till the anniversary of the famous strike on Bismarck

Best time to buy it.

[-BUI-]
Members
1,361 posts
3,753 battles

Its neat it'll be in the game, but it seems worthless to actually play, so I wouldn't expect to see many of them after its officially released.   Super slow and weak T4-T5 planes against T8 ships doesn't sound like an enjoyable experience.    

• Boring 1

[TIPS]
[TIPS]
Beta Testers
144 posts
2,478 battles

If they buff the plane HP, and damage output, it might be ok, otherwise it needs +1/-1 matchmaking.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
10 hours ago, Sierra1968 said:

If they buff the plane HP, and damage output, it might be ok, otherwise it needs +1/-1 matchmaking.

NoZoupForYou said same thing:

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Modder
427 posts
609 battles

I wonder what camo they’ll give it considering that (from what I’ve seen) it didn’t have any. 

[TF16B]
Modder
427 posts
609 battles

What are the chances this ship is released between now and October 14th? to use that 25% coupon. :Smile_unsure: Assuming it's offered in the Armory upon release.

Update: Kind of answered my question. https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-088/#nine-lives

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/200506-ark-royal-inbound/?tab=comments#comment-4690522

Edited by Mailman653

[BIKE]
Members
1 post
1,082 battles

I got this ship from containers. I’m not fascinated much about it’s history, it’s more about having good CV for tier 6 PVEs. I’m newbie in this game and I have only Riujo to compare. I was sooo shocked by the performance of this Arc Royal! It’s unplayable. Absolutely unplayable even with same tier, not mentioning 8 tier battles. It doesn’t let you realize follow the order tactics due to poor visibility, it doesn’t let you ‘banzai’ tactics with swift attacks due to sluggishness of it’s birds, it’s just overall so disappointing that I almost decided to sell it. I still will keep it for some time for PVEs,  but it’s nearly NOT a fun ship to play. 

It needs serious buff. Either visibility needs to be reduced so she can crawl behind the order, or amount of speed boosters increased to 4-5 at least. So we can sprint through ‘impenetrable screen’ of AA shots. 

The most disappointing ship in my port. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,358 posts

Bought it.

Had a little 'Buyers Remorse' after the first Co-Op battle..  Decided to go into a Training Room to see what I was doing wrong.

Seems 2 KM is about the right distance to start the torpedo attack.

I was shocked by that.  I usually start around 5 KM.

Secondaries...   well...   Don't go brawling with any battleships.  Those 113mm guns don't do much damage.  They start fires, though.

The bombs are another disappointment.  40 pound bombs ??   Furious has 250 lb bombs.  Fire chance 1 in 35.

Rocket giving about 100 damage/hit...   another let-down.

Seems torpedoes were the only useful skill against non-moving unarmed Bismarcks.  Flooding 1 in 7.

10_05_19_Ark Royal_E.jpg

Edited by AVR_Project

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,358 posts

Seems a perfect match for Raptor Rescue.

Never mind the loss.  It was because Raptor got itself hung up on an island and never reached the end.

Guess we should get some combat tugboats on these missions to 'unstick' the ships.

We were like...   We're all here at the destination.  All the enemy ships are dead...  Where's Raptor ???   Oh Crap !

10_05_19_Scenario Loss_B.jpg