Jump to content
S16_Hunter

Got a WG Survey

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

110
[H_]
Members
745 posts
11,555 battles

OK.. so. last week I logged on and get asked to take a survey for WG.. OK, usually no problem but I'm baffled by this one. Why in the world would WG be interested in know my favorite Fast food?  Favorite Rock Bands, Favorite Authors? etc.. HUH.. Some other TOP 5 things they wanted to know can't remember them all now.

did anyone else get this survey and maybe someone could shed some light on the marketing or the thinking behind asking about such strange things?.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,133
[A-D-F]
Members
2,035 posts
7,286 battles

Yeah, I got that survey too.  As soon as I realized they were trying to gather marketing data that didn't have anything to do with WoWs, I immediately closed the tab.  I would have been hard pressed to come up with 5 things for each question anyway.

Hey, WG.  If you want marketing information from me, you have to give me something in return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[HIT]
Members
172 posts
9,502 battles

Gotta make up for the cost sink and lost revenue of the rework somehow. :Smile_coin:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
716 posts
6,150 battles

My last one asked a single question about whether or not I bought anything lately in the premium shop. Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
120
Members
213 posts
13,637 battles

Wish they would send me a survey on what I think of the CV rework

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
675
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,512 posts
11,214 battles

Sounds like WG is gathering information on their NA player base for perhaps an even. I heard WG got their own version of Blizzcon in Russia, perhaps WH is looking at something similar over here. NA has the most mature player base sonit only makes sense on their part and ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,539
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,092 posts
18,102 battles

Well, they were offering rewards for answering some huge number of Top 5 survey questions earlier (an old iKami sticky, dunno where it is now). Not big ones.

It was too much of a pain in the [edited]for me to pretend I could even name 5 things in some of those categories, so I stopped doing them after the first 3 or so.

As to what it's for, three likely reason are:

  • To see what kind of cross-brand collaborations people would like
  • To establish a demographic profile of you for marketing purposes
  • To collect demographic data on you and sell it to a third party (read the terms and conditions carefully on those surveys)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
110
[H_]
Members
745 posts
11,555 battles
16 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I would have been hard pressed to come up with 5 things for each question anyway.

They can profile me all they want, and yeah there were a few I put n/a as answers, would not let you skip.. LOL  I've spent more then my fair share on this game, and heck I'm sure there are all kinds of marketing profiles out there on me, buying from Amazon and other sites.. Not sure what they would gain or could sell..  oh well.. if pop ads start showing up.. they can keep there game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
20 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Well, they were offering rewards for answering some huge number of Top 5 survey questions earlier (an old iKami sticky, dunno where it is now). Not big ones.

It was too much of a pain in the [edited]for me to pretend I could even name 5 things in some of those categories, so I stopped doing them after the first 3 or so.

As to what it's for, three likely reason are:

  • To see what kind of cross-brand collaborations people would like
  • To establish a demographic profile of you for marketing purposes
  • To collect demographic data on you and sell it to a third party (read the terms and conditions carefully on those surveys)

Yeah i don't think its quite as sinister as folks would believe... wg really enjoyed the great 8 ice hockey partnership and is feeling out folks for more ideas on that front. I'm really looking forward to NA servers getting mcdonalds collaberation camos for usn ships... with ronald mcdonald captains... and torp tubes that launch freedom fries... and a horn that plays "I'm lovin' it!"...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,539
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,092 posts
18,102 battles
Just now, Xanshin said:

Yeah i don't think its quite as sinister as folks would believe... wg really enjoyed the great 8 ice hockey partnership and is feeling out folks for more ideas on that front. I'm really looking forward to NA servers getting mcdonalds collaberation camos for usn ships... with ronald mcdonald captains... and torp tubes that launch freedom fries... and a horn that plays "I'm lovin' it!"...

I can hardly wait for my container ship to be reskinned with Pizza Hut promotions. :cap_wander_2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,753
[--K--]
Members
6,634 posts
14,449 battles

I honestly haven't seen a survey from WG on any meaningful hot button issue before. What a novel idea that would be, ask people questions about things like the CV rework or nerfing premiums. Nope, they'd rather know what burgers I like instead. Pathetic.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
8 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I can hardly wait for my container ship to be reskinned with Pizza Hut promotions. :cap_wander_2:

Right? I mean... there IS some potential fun things they could do... a montana permaskin and captain: pink Cadillac / elvis... conqueror refitted by AC/DC... a rammstein or m. Boney kurfurst... commonwealth ship camos designed by... air supply... 

Silly, but fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
682
[-BSK-]
Members
1,481 posts
7,365 battles
57 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Pretty soon will have commercials in between each battle

OMG if they do this we will blame you.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,873
[WOLFG]
Members
8,618 posts
7,045 battles
4 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Right? I mean... there IS some potential fun things they could do... a montana permaskin and captain: pink Cadillac / elvis... conqueror refitted by AC/DC... a rammstein or m. Boney kurfurst... commonwealth ship camos designed by... air supply... 

Silly, but fun.

Until you get a camo base on Stryper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
6 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Until you get a camo base on Stryper.

Or some abomination cobbled together by GWAR...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,873
[WOLFG]
Members
8,618 posts
7,045 battles
1 minute ago, Xanshin said:

Or some abomination cobbled together by GWAR...

[Looks up]

I could actually see that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,989
[PVE]
Members
3,829 posts
16,364 battles
57 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

They can profile me all they want, and yeah there were a few I put n/a as answers, would not let you skip.. LOL  I've spent more then my fair share on this game, and heck I'm sure there are all kinds of marketing profiles out there on me, buying from Amazon and other sites.. Not sure what they would gain or could sell..  oh well.. if pop ads start showing up.. they can keep there game.

Well said !  I think they are still completely in shock at what really happened at the 8.0 release.....   They tested the market with the cruiser line split's radar meta to see just how bad a loss they'd take doing something like that and sales went up, I'd bet as NA players atarted buying any ships that mounted radar or HE Spam guns !!!  Oh, they were ecstatic and knew they'd get the same response from 8.0 and cv's !  Especially, from NA !!!  

KER-SPLAT !!!   sums up what they know about the NA market.........  And, at 8.0+1 day, they realized just how deep a hole they dug for themselves.....  What are we up to now:  8.2, 3, 4.....et al....  Yes, they are trying to get players into "anything" they own and no, I really don't think the young adult arcade shooter on water will work all that well in NA.............  JMO.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
794 posts
1,707 battles
1 hour ago, silverdahc said:

Pretty soon will have commercials in between each battle

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If that happens I quit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
42 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:
1 hour ago, silverdahc said:

Pretty soon will have commercials in between each battle

OMG if they do this we will blame you.

This map has been brought to you by: Sony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
3,870 battles

You should never answer those types of questions. The more information you have out there about yourself, the more likelihood that you can get hacked or something stolen.

A lot of the security questions for different accounts are these types of questions. (i.e. Make and model of your first car, name of favorite teacher, favorite book, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,854
[WOLFG]
Members
27,144 posts
7,256 battles
1 hour ago, silverdahc said:

Pretty soon will have commercials in between each battle

Or maybe take a page from the mobile casual game playbook.

If you watch a 30-second commercial after a match, you get a credit/XP bonus lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×