Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AlcatrazNC

Hakuryu planes stuck

10 comments in this topic

[KIA-C]
Members
3,833 posts
17,022 battles

Since the last update I noticed that my Haku planes never returns after an attack run. In fact my planes seems to be stuck on some invisible ceiling, kinda like what happened in BF3 with jet. At first I thought it was just a bug with the animation but I noticed sometime my planes are just getting wiped for being stuck on that wall. I lost so many torpedo squadron to an AA ship that spotted my planes that were supposed to be recalled 30 sec ago.

This is very annoying to say the least and it doesn't look like Midway planes or Audacious planes are affected.

shot-19.04.05_12.54.20-0293.jpg

shot-19.04.05_14.54.47-0160.jpg

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,549 posts

I have not experienced this but I have seen the same complaints about the Audacious after the 8.2 patch.

Members
2,687 posts
4,393 battles

Had a weird bug where my controls locked up on my planes and I wound up not really being able to control then.  Trying to turn either did nothing or sent my planes spiraling into extremely tight turns.   Alt-tabbing out and back in fixed it but geez,  it was annoying.

[-BN-]
[-BN-]
Members
239 posts
12,982 battles
8 minutes ago, Palladia said:

Had a weird bug where my controls locked up on my planes and I wound up not really being able to control then.  Trying to turn either did nothing or sent my planes spiraling into extremely tight turns.   Alt-tabbing out and back in fixed it but geez,  it was annoying.

This happens to me to when taking off sometimes, there is a workaround for this. Press enter twice and you will get instant control back.

• Cool 1

[-BN-]
[-BN-]
Members
239 posts
12,982 battles
46 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Since the last update I noticed that my Haku planes never returns after an attack run. In fact my planes seems to be stuck on some invisible ceiling, kinda like what happened in BF3 with jet. At first I thought it was just a bug with the animation but I noticed sometime my planes are just getting wiped for being stuck on that wall. I lost so many torpedo squadron to an AA ship that spotted my planes that were supposed to be recalled 30 sec ago.

This is very annoying to say the least and it doesn't look like Midway planes or Audacious planes are affected.

As far as i have experience and watch the plane hang time is a display bug affecting all cvs. The planes are returning the icon just remains there. If you saw them actually take damage after at least 5 to 6 seconds which is the time they remain on AA after pressing F, post a replay if you have it. I can not think of a reasonable way to test this in a training room, but i will keep watch on all the icon hang times next time this happens to me.

• Cool 1

Community Department
3,361 posts
1,300 battles
4 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Indiox said:

As far as i have experience and watch the plane hang time is a display bug affecting all cvs. The planes are returning the icon just remains there. If you saw them actually take damage after at least 5 to 6 seconds which is the time they remain on AA after pressing F, post a replay if you have it. I can not think of a reasonable way to test this in a training room, but i will keep watch on all the icon hang times next time this happens to me.

That's it. Right advice, I've seen one similar report. But it's not enough info about this bug if it's not only a visual bug on minimap.
Please post here replay, WGCheck would be useful to see either. 

[NUWES]
Members
3,524 posts
13,332 battles
9 hours ago, Palladia said:

This one happened to me as well. I'm not sure what got them unstuck but I was eventually able to maneuver again. It only happened to me once though so I have no idea what caused it. 

[-BN-]
[-BN-]
Members
239 posts
12,982 battles

17 hours ago, turbo07 said:

That's it. Right advice, I've seen one similar report. But it's not enough info about this bug if it's not only a visual bug on minimap.
Please post here replay, WGCheck would be useful to see either. 

I have been able to track a replicate this bug on command as shown in this replay. I discovered this by accident while testing something. If you do an attack and recall your squadron of torpedo bobmers between 1 to 3 seconds after you attack the squadron will get bugged.

Spoiler

shot-19_04.05_23_04.13-0455.thumb.jpg.619d088bceb851b8aaae2796b2f45091.jpgshot-19_04.05_23_04.30-0879.thumb.jpg.216fad7358a0d43476403fa307a974b5.jpg

Another thin i discovered shown in the minimap is that the squadron that gets recall returns to the carrier twice as fast as the squadron that attacked. Is this working as intended ?

20190405_230251_PJSA110-Hakuryu_10_NE_big_race.wowsreplay

20190405_230251_PJSA110-Hakuryu_10_NE_big_race.wowsreplay

Edited by Indiox

Sign in to follow this