Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kestrel_Falcon

Which British CVs have speed boost on their planes?

10 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
672 posts
8,638 battles

I'd like to know which British CV has speed boost? HMS Implacable doesn't

[TACG]
Alpha Tester
420 posts
3,443 battles

The Speed boast is on all carrier based aircraft. The Implacable has it on its planes. I've used it all the time on her. 

If you're talking about an speed boast for the vessel itself, then no. There aren't any carriers with speed boasts that only affect the vessel. Atleast to my knowledge anyway

Edited by Starfleet1701

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,134 battles

I’ve used Sierra-Mike flags on my CV’s to speed up the ship. It gives you (on most) enough speed to out run or at least keep distance from most CL/CA that get through to you but it’s situational.

As for planes, they all have speed boost as far as I’m aware

[-TNT-]
Members
672 posts
8,638 battles

There isn't and green half moon circle on the heads-up display. Additionally, when pressing "R" key nothing happens.  The consumable will not activate.  I did see a youtube video of a player using his speed boost in a random match.  However, I am using HMS Implacable in training missions and Co-op.  I wonder if it only works in Random matches  

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
185 posts
6,725 battles

"Boost" on the planes are used when W or S is pressed. The consumable is only to replenish the boost bar.

Members
2,801 posts
3,690 battles
1 hour ago, Drago25x said:

"Boost" on the planes are used when W or S is pressed. The consumable is only to replenish the boost bar.

Was going to point that out, until I realised... how did he get to Implacable without understanding how boost works on CV planes? 

And the answer is, because it's his only CV post-rework. 

OP, jumping in at T8 in the new CVs without bothering to learn how they work? Seriously bad plan dude.

[-TNT-]
Members
672 posts
8,638 battles

I was in the mind set that it worked like DD boostI I will create another training room and play around with the "W" and "S"  more to follow.

[-TNT-]
Members
672 posts
8,638 battles
3 hours ago, Harathan said:

Was going to point that out, until I realised... how did he get to Implacable without understanding how boost works on CV planes? 

And the answer is, because it's his only CV post-rework. 

OP, jumping in at T8 in the new CVs without bothering to learn how they work? Seriously bad plan dude.

I did this Brit Fly, Strike and Win! missions.  I unlocked tiers IV, VI, and VIII.  And Duh! the W and S key worked.  You unknowingly helped me out. 

Thank you.

Members
2,801 posts
3,690 battles
17 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

I did this Brit Fly, Strike and Win! missions.  I unlocked tiers IV, VI, and VIII.  And Duh! the W and S key worked.  You unknowingly helped me out. 

Thank you.

Right, but going by this post and your stats it looks like you jumped straight in at Tier 8. I understand throwing yourself in at the deep end, but your team mates will thank you if you at least know how to fly the planes before you start sailing Implacable around.

Edited by Harathan

[-TNT-]
Members
672 posts
8,638 battles
3 hours ago, Harathan said:

Right, but going by this post and your stats it looks like you jumped straight in at Tier 8. I understand throwing yourself in at the deep end, but your team mates will thank you if you at least know how to fly the planes before you start sailing Implacable around.

I have been conducting training missions work on with ships moving now. CLs and BBs.  I've que twice for Co-op skill still not there yet.  There is a carrier mission for 25,000 xp that I must complete. Additionally Campaign for the Shinonome has one level 4 to spot 10 planes for 3 stars.  So I will be doing my best in random matches.

Sign in to follow this