You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wows_Nightly_News

Ok I really don't like Audacious

21 comments in this topic

[RED2]
Members
871 posts
8,039 battles

I don't know why but I just can't secure victories like I can in other tier 10 carriers in this ship. I can wrack up damage just fine but I just don't feel I can influence the game's outcome like a Hak or a Midway.

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
952 posts
14,023 battles

Midways HE bombs make it by far the best cv.. Audacious just isnt good enough to compete atm.

Edited by Kebobstuzov
  • Cool 1

[DENY]
Members
614 posts
6,518 battles

Funny because I feel I can carry as long.the team is not too much super potato,

I only got 28 game.but 64% win rate with 122k average. Him just getting better with it

[RED2]
Members
871 posts
8,039 battles
7 minutes ago, dad003 said:

I only got 28 game.but 64% win rate with 122k average. Him just getting better with it

I might just be getting super unlucky because "super Potato" describes most of the teams I get with it. It might just be one of those cursed ships or I might have just not figured out how to influence with it.

[RLGN]
Members
9,764 posts
19,290 battles
14 minutes ago, dad003 said:

Dedication and tolerance abounds.

I wouldn’t play 68 games in ANY ship (in such a short time since Audacious came out,) much less 68 at a tier I dislike.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[-VT3-]
Members
1,825 posts
3,574 battles
18 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Dedication and tolerance abounds.

I wouldn’t play 68 games in ANY ship (in such a short time since Audacious came out,) much less 68 at a tier I dislike.

Tier 5/6/7 still provides some of the most interesting and dynamic gameplay, I think.  Particularly Tier 7.  It's glutted for solid ships, so it doesn't fall into the trap of seeing the same "meta" composition over and over.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,446 posts
8,217 battles

Audacious is lacking, excruciatingly slow squadron speed coupled with very unexciting bombers (yawn while you drop..) does put it at disadvantage. Just an example, the level bombers drop time and dispersion is so huge it can't hit destroyers, but the HE bombs shatter and fail to explode when dropped on t10 battleships such as Yamato. So what is the point of them?

[DENY]
Members
614 posts
6,518 battles
10 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Audacious is lacking, excruciatingly slow squadron speed coupled with very unexciting bombers (yawn while you drop..) does put it at disadvantage. Just an example, the level bombers drop time and dispersion is so huge it can't hit destroyers, but the HE bombs shatter and fail to explode when dropped on t10 battleships such as Yamato. So what is the point of them?

These bomb have 41mm pen , will only pen french, British, USN BB deck 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,446 posts
8,217 battles
2 minutes ago, dad003 said:

These bomb have 41mm pen , will only pen french, British, USN BB deck 

so how bloody useful is that in random (and in future Clan) battles? About as useful as a soda dispenser in a beer brewery.

• Funny 1

[90TH]
Members
14 posts
4,962 battles

Is anyone else able to boost while the boost replenish consumable is active like you can on all the other CVs?  Is it a bug or am I the only one experiencing this as I've seen no one else complain about it?

[DENY]
Members
614 posts
6,518 battles
58 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

so how bloody useful is that in random (and in future Clan) battles? About as useful as a soda dispenser in a beer brewery.

They still have 41% fire with DE and flag

[STORM]
Alpha Tester
1,047 posts
3,406 battles
10 minutes ago, dad003 said:

They still have 41% fire with DE and flag

yah but theres so much RNG with the level bombing. Not to mention that level bombing is super vulnerable to hard counters, aka, not being a battleship and not maneuvering. otherwise it sucks. 

[SALVO]
Members
19,403 posts
19,590 battles
25 minutes ago, 1An0maly1 said:

yah but theres so much RNG with the level bombing. Not to mention that level bombing is super vulnerable to hard counters, aka, not being a battleship and not maneuvering. otherwise it sucks. 

For the life of me, I don't know why WG nerfed the bomb drop time on these carpet bombers.  With shorter drop times, accuracy on maneuvering ships would seem to be better.

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
207 posts
3,136 battles
On 4/3/2019 at 5:06 PM, LoveBote said:

Its so bad. I was expecting a better Implacable which I had decent success with but after the drop nerf... its a joke now. I struggle to hit 70k+ in Audacious. Bombs are horrid with the slow drop. A BB paying attention can literally start turning the second you start the attack run and almost be sideways to your drop by the time you actually get on target and add the 4s time to target on the bombs. Torps are still solid but given her convergence of them and supposedly being able to go nose in and still hit with several- limited success on that too. And dear god the rockets... just awful.

Midway is an order of magnitude better than Audacious is and not JUST because of the bombs

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,446 posts
8,217 battles
3 minutes ago, Cakeman826 said:

Its so bad. I was expecting a better Implacable which I had decent success with but after the drop nerf... its a joke now. I struggle to hit 70k+ in Audacious. Bombs are horrid with the slow drop. A BB paying attention can literally start turning the second you start the attack run and almost be sideways to your drop by the time you actually get on target and add the 4s time to target on the bombs. Torps are still solid but given her convergence of them and supposedly being able to go nose in and still hit with several- limited success on that too. And dear god the rockets... just awful.

Midway is an order of magnitude better than Audacious is and not JUST because of the bombs

t8 cvs do more dmg when in TX matchmaker randoms than Audacious.

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
207 posts
3,136 battles
11 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

t8 cvs do more dmg when in TX matchmaker randoms than Audacious.

Current Lexington record for me is 227k in TX. Implacable had several 150k+ in TX.

Audacious was a waste of money.... I should not have bought the camo right out of the gate but that was my fault. I really was expecting a better Implacable but in all reality it just isn't there. I know some will get it to work but man it just isn't for me. 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,446 posts
8,217 battles
11 minutes ago, Cakeman826 said:

Audacious was a waste of money.... I should not have bought the camo right out of the gate but that was my fault.

kinda feel the same way, spent 3 years looking forward to her, bough thr camo and so on.

I can't help but feel, Lexington is going to get nerfed.

As for Audacious, she was released, on a Monday, on April Fools, just as certain political shenanigans are going on for the modern day UK. I can't help but suspect WG's timing was deliberate, and this timing tells us what to expect (a flop^).

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
207 posts
3,136 battles
19 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

I can't help but feel, Lexington is going to get nerfed.

I have a feeling anything that drops HE bombs will get a nerf and Lex/Midway will probably see a reduction in damage on them.

[NSEW]
Members
996 posts
9,226 battles

Can’t wait until the CV rework has ended. 

That way, we all can make an informed decision on which tier to grind/buy.

[DENY]
Members
614 posts
6,518 battles

well the audacious might not be as easy to use than a midway but when it work out you can do nice things with it

shot-19_04.08_02_49.37-0547.thumb.jpg.65ec582c29cc515c508bbdd582bf1157.jpg

shot-19_04.08_05_05.46-0764.thumb.jpg.dfe960f3ecbfd3aba4808d000917ff18.jpg

• Cool 1