Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Design A-150 can happen now

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,644 posts
3,820 battles

Source  Live Q&A #21

Sub_Octavian

6d

1. I don't think we gave a promise (quote please), and with all due respect, please let's distinguish between intention (we don't want, don't plan, etc) and promise (we commit to, we promise, etc). So, there is no strict ban on 460mm+ ships, but, as lolpen ability is quite valuable, we don't really want to rush any such ships into production. Can they appear in future? Yes. Never say never, as history teaches me :D

Design A-150 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_A-150_battleship

So what do you all think about this?

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,116 posts
5,035 battles

A-150 is overrated imho. There's no important armour thresholds it can overmatch that Yamato cannot overmatch. But in exchange for bigger shell calibur it loses 3 guns, and I assume would have horrible reload. Not worth the trade.

[FTH]
Members
846 posts
12,689 battles

This means we should also have a shot at the Tillermans right? (IV-2 for me please)

• Bad 1

[BRO1]
Beta Testers
448 posts
6,897 battles
42 minutes ago, Purg473 said:

This means we should also have a shot at the Tillermans right? (IV-2 for me please)

Did You see the Fricking USS Georgia with the 6 - 18 inch guns that they are putting into the game?

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,016 posts
6,980 battles
2 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I assume would have horrible reload.

Considering how WG seems to believe a 24s reload to be reasonable for a 431mm gun, I think it‘s fairly safe to say that a 510mm gun could be made to reload in 30s in-game.

[FTH]
Members
846 posts
12,689 battles
16 hours ago, LL_JuneBug said:

Did You see the Fricking USS Georgia with the 6 - 18 inch guns that they are putting into the game?

Yes, and tbs if it's FXP or Coal I'll probly jump on it when it comes out...but I still want my IV-2 with 24 16"ers..lol

[BRO1]
Beta Testers
448 posts
6,897 battles
1 hour ago, Purg473 said:

Yes, and tbs if it's FXP or Coal I'll probly jump on it when it comes out...but I still want my IV-2 with 24 16"ers..lol

Well Hell, we could get them to build the Fuhrur. (sic) You know 40 inch guns, with 15inch and 11.1 inch guns as secondary's.

I had once asked this person online if it was harder to admit he was Gay or to tell his family.

the_km_fuhrer_by_leovictor.jpg

km_fuhrer_by_leovictor.jpg

h45_km_fuhrer__by_orangeflash6thhokage-d7xp4x1.jpg

Führer.jpg

km_fuhrer_gun_comparison_by_leovictor.jpg

The supposed Fuhrer guns would have been the rail gun Dora barrels. Around 31.5 inches (80cm) if I remember right. Anyway this would have been totally impractical on a ship, especially one that would weigh as much as 5 US modern Aircraft Carriers. 

km_fuhrer_color_scheme_by_leovictor.jpg

nDAaRms83SNWluH3HaNsOiSjyGNPdhstisDC3ubqy20.jpg

The caption above this was War Gaming, can we please get this in World of Warships, >LOL.

cK284O0.jpg

Actually in real life the gun wasn't that large as seen here.

Edited by LL_JuneBug

[MOH]
Members
474 posts
1,807 battles

I don't want to get too carried away with the idea of a bunch of 18+ guns running around, but I guess that opens up the possibility of a 4x2 480mm H41-Class battleship.  More realistically though, I'd love to see a 420mm H41-Class battleship introduced:

• T10 - 92,100hp, same armor as GK
  • 4x2 420mm configuration w/ 2.0 sigma and 26s reload to make up for only having 8 shells
  • 8km base secondary range
    • 8x 128mm twin mounts
    • 6x 150mm twin mounts
  • Numerous 57mm AA mounts
  • Hydro

We need us a new high tier German BB.  :)

Members
421 posts
On 4/2/2019 at 12:50 AM, Super_Dreadnought said:

A-150 is overrated imho. There's no important armour thresholds it can overmatch that Yamato cannot overmatch. But in exchange for bigger shell calibur it loses 3 guns, and I assume would have horrible reload. Not worth the trade.

I agree.  I don't think the A-150 will inbalance the game, in fact I think it'll do badly since 6 guns ships tend not to be competitive with damage.  It's just the novelty value of seeing 20 inch guns in the game that I think people are after.

Sign in to follow this