You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GrandAdmiral_2016

RN Murderer's Row Completed...

8 comments in this topic

[HELLS]
Members
1,981 posts
19,132 battles

The picture says it all. I was disappointed that the premium CVs were not immediately available in the armory (and I hate that military term applied in a naval context-the proper term is arsenal, taken from the Italian Arsenale in Venice) as I was prepared to spring for Enterprise, Kaga and Illustrious (real ships that served-I am not a fan of paper ships or those that were never completed). Note that I still have a significant amount of FXP left for other purposes after depleting a large chunk to get Audacious. EXP cost for two 19-point captains was absorbed a long time ago, before the grind started. All four CVs are fully equipped, so it did not break the credit bank either. Gaming on a budget. Only doubloon cost was for two permacammos, which is unavoidable if you intend to keep the ships and play them with any regularity. All RN lines completed, so my first full fleet.

shot-19.04.01_10.31.54-0169.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,350 posts
68 battles

WG wants impatient people to spend on crates first. Patient people can pick up individual ships later. 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,446 posts
8,217 battles

good for you. I have Audacious too, (+ perma camo) a very nice model/ Although I have yet to venture to random battle with it, still working out the kinks in training rooms.

[HELLS]
Members
1,981 posts
19,132 battles
55 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

WG wants impatient people to spend on crates first. Patient people can pick up individual ships later. 

Given what happened with so-called early access to the RN CVs/ with missions through the airdrop crates in prior Fly!Strike!Win! stages, you will most probably only get a crack at a premium CV in the premium crates and not the standard ones that you can win in the current stages. I got every standard airdrop crate that the game offered and not a single early access mission for any of the RN CVs in any of them. I refuse to spend money on what is, effectively, a roll-of-the-dice game of chance to get a premium ship. This smells like a money grab by WG like the other one was. I can be very patient when I have to be, and can go without. This is life, not the game....

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

[BS]
Members
1,316 posts
7,451 battles

What is HMS illustrious? T8 premium british CV?

[HELLS]
Members
1,981 posts
19,132 battles
3 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

What is HMS illustrious? T8 premium british CV?

Yes indeed. In reality they should have made Implacable the T8 premium because Illustrious came into service much earlier, carried fewer aircraft even with a deck park. and has one of the finest combat records of RN CVs. 

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,809 posts
2,745 battles
On 4/1/2019 at 11:50 AM, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Yes indeed. In reality they should have made Implacable the T8 premium because Illustrious came into service much earlier, carried fewer aircraft even with a deck park. and has one of the finest combat records of RN CVs. 

Tier VIII RN Premium CV is Indomitable, not Illustrious.  The Lusty will have to come later.  Indomitable was commissioned in 1941 and scrapped in 1955, so it was a real ship as well.

[FTH]
Members
875 posts
13,192 battles
7 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Tier VIII RN Premium CV is Indomitable, not Illustrious.  The Lusty will have to come later.  Indomitable was commissioned in 1941 and scrapped in 1955, so it was a real ship as well.

Indomitable was the one that ran aground in the Caribbean and had to be repaired, leaving Force A without air cover, wasn't it?