You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Have Russian BBs been made true Russian Style?

6 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
9,013 posts
10,828 battles

Just wondering if Wargaming plans on making Russian BBs on par with the Russian style of can’t hit the broadside of a mountain, but if they manage to hit they do massive damage? That’s the way they do it in WOT at least, and surprised Wargaming has been toying with the idea of super accurate gunnery on the RU BBs. Especially with that high speed that would allow them to chase after ships to get into point blank range anyway? Then again I may just have to watch and see what happens when the RU BBs go live. I know they reduced the accuracy zone down to 12km which is heading in the right direction as long as the shells get really inaccurate at 12.1km+. Still will make it a little dicey for some ships particularly short ranged CAs, but I guess it will be manageable as long as CAs know to stay at least 12.1km distance, but from the sounds of things those RU BBs will be punishing to anything that gets within the 12 zone. May make the lives of some DDs pretty miserable as well.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
Corrected spelling error

Beta Testers
194 posts
10,975 battles

My opinion on the Russian BBs is, they are junk.

They can't hit a barn door from a distance and when they get close where their guns are good then even a DD (almost) can citadel them. Pair that with their low rate of fire and not so great turret traverse you have a disaster.

I think you have to play them more like a DD. Hide somewhere and hope someone comes around the corner and shows the broadside.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
4,377 battles

The Slava will be a different beast, but in regards to the main line which we have in game now, the answer to your question is yes... and no. Yes they will absolutely decimate your enemy if you get the right shot, favouring medium to close distances. No to the idea that they become useless at medium to long distances(at least the Kremlin doesn't). I have dev struck a full HP Buffalo in my Kremlin at 19.6 kms, and cripple many other ships who think they are out of the 'danger zone' every time I take the Kremlin out. It's an amazing ship that will touch thy enemy at any range.

edit: the only exception to this has been the Vlad when I played it on my friend's account. I didn't particularly care for it, as it felt like a shotgun at every range.

Edited by BattlecruiserOperational

Members
5,097 posts
60 battles

First of all, I humbly won't say "true Russian style" pre-concept in mind, especially if you think the VMF has no naval doctrine back then (which is something I don't agree about your view on the VMF). They did have one or two, just that they couldn't implement all & make full use of its potential due to unfortunate circumstances during wartime. Even if they managed to build at least one modern BB & CB, foreign policy on military & war will not change much regardless. If anything, the operational tactics & strategies of the ships' roles can be made from scratch through thorough assessments based on ship parameters & validating with the information documented in archived or salvaged documentaries.

I will digress my viewpoint on the BB line later.

[-TBP-]
Members
45 posts
4,237 battles

I dont know about you but im up to T7 and so far these ships are deadly accurate and crazy powerful so much i dont even realize the 33 sec reload. Its putting my GC to shame with its Pepsicola like railgun dispersion and damage. Just dont go broadside is the only thing you need to remember.