Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Karstodes

IJN Premium Yuudachi

8 comments in this topic

[PISD]
Members
2,000 posts
6,623 battles

It is quite the nice news to have Yuudachi come in WOWS (The poi will be strong with this one) but a little something disturb me. She will get to use Deep Water Torpedoes similar to the Asashio, with 15 km range. Not that it is bad (love my Asashio), but... Yuudachi is know for having torpedoed the USS Portland.... A Cruiser. Wouldn't it be possible to give her some equivalent to the Pan Asian torpedo instead, to at least stick more to her history?

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
19,611 battles
11 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

It is quite the nice news to have Yuudachi come in WOWS (The poi will be strong with this one) but a little something disturb me. She will get to use Deep Water Torpedoes similar to the Asashio, with 15 km range. Not that it is bad (love my Asashio), but... Yuudachi is know for having torpedoed the USS Portland.... A Cruiser. Wouldn't it be possible to give her some equivalent to the Pan Asian torpedo instead, to at least stick more to her history?

They would have to nerf the range - it's too powerful to have 15 km deep water torps at tier 7 - the Irian has 13.5 km deep water torps, but it's on a cruiser and at tier 8.

[PISD]
Members
2,000 posts
6,623 battles
Just now, BiggieD61 said:

They would have to nerf the range - it's too powerful to have 15 km deep water torps at tier 7 - the Irian has 13.5 km deep water torps, but it's on a cruiser and at tier 8.

True, but it isn't a huge trade off. Having fish biting at more than 8km is already quite base on luck and a IJN destroyer with something like 10 km dwt would be quite usable at tier 7.

Members
1,369 posts
3,667 battles

Obligatory Poi!

Second, did Wargaming announce her?  I didnt see anything while searching.

Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

Tfw you hop into Asashio, and the enemy has only one (or zero) battleships or carriers, and you realize that you're mechanically incapable of doing anything more than chip damage.

No other ship delivers that feeling of helplessness right at the outset.  If Yuudachi's torps can't hit cruisers, it'll be a non starter for me.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
1 hour ago, Hatework said:

Obligatory Poi!

Second, did Wargaming announce her?  I didnt see anything while searching.

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-warships/world-of-warships-french-destroyers-6-additional-premiums-and-the-soviet-battleships-arc-announced/

• Cool 1

Retired WoWS Community Contributors
3,498 posts
13,985 battles

Just as with Asashio, if there is only a DWT torp option, I will not buy her.  I have no interest in that.

Give us some flexibility in how she plays WG, like with Sims.

[SALVO]
Members
26,596 posts
31,601 battles
1 hour ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Just as with Asashio, if there is only a DWT torp option, I will not buy her.  I have no interest in that.

Give us some flexibility in how she plays WG, like with Sims.

I fully agree with you, Kuroshio.  I wish that they'd give the Asashio a standard torp option.  As deadly as those 20km DWTs can be to BBs, I always feel like I'm fighting with one arm tied behind my back.  Also, because of their extreme range, you have to be VERY careful about where you aim them because you don't want to have any misses end up hitting a friendly BB way off in the distance.

And I feel the same way about the Yudachi.  I'd rather that she either had the option of mounting regular torps, or have DWTs that only ignored DDs.

Sign in to follow this