Sign in to follow this  
Eisennagel

Anime Collabs

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
9,510 posts

Anime collaborations is the next biggest wave with anime themed mobile games, with more and more showing up.   Square Enix games are particularly heavy with collabs, especially among the games they own.

Attack on Titan collaboration on Star Ocean Anamnesis, you can pull Levi, Eren or Mikasa.   This video is showing Mikasa in action against the Eren Titan.  Unfortunately not currently available in the global edition of the game.

Same game with Sakura and Erika from Sakura Taisen.

Edited by Eisennagel
  • Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles

Well, I can see how SquareEnix games would have collabs with each other all the time. I mean, under the umbrella of the same company... so why not, right? LOL.

I used to play this one mobile game called Brave Frontier, and they used to do quite a bit of collabs. I remember them doing collabs with Deemo, Hatsune Miku, Chain Chronicles, Guilty Gear, King of Fighters, and etc... fun times. Now I feel nostalgic... lel.

Spoiler

Miku:

Screenshot_2015-08-31-21-13-22.thumb.png.04bcc23b445a7ccef56ca96121cbcac5.png

Sakura Miku, who was oddly a Global exclusive, which irritated many JP players, LUL:

Screenshot_2016-05-27-16-51-17.thumb.png.ac918ef9521a08ec32d75ce995138be5.png   Screenshot_2016-05-28-18-00-39.thumb.png.a0f14c7f1638ae6b667e5867ac063a8a.png

Dizzy, from Guilty Gear:

Screenshot_2017-05-18-08-52-47.thumb.png.d073f0a9430118c7717eecac48b90c56.png

And many more... but I think these are enough samples.

Too bad the game pretty much went down hill, after the JP version (i.e. the original version), stopped getting any new content. The publisher for the Global version took over the Global version of the game afterwards, and turned it into a pure cash grab.... while the original devs in Japan moved onto making a sequel... but it looks like the sequel won't get released outside Japan anytime soon, due to some kind of a publishing issue. Oy voy.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,383 posts
11,098 battles

since anime is becoming more mainstream (a double edged sword if you ask me) there's a good chance there will be a lot more of these types of things popping up now and then. heck even Arbys held a contest to inspire a new chibi sprite for their mascot!:fish_cute_2:

Beta Testers
9,510 posts

1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Well, I can see how SquareEnix games would have collabs with each other all the time. I mean, under the umbrella of the same company... so why not, right? LOL.

I used to play this one mobile game called Brave Frontier, and they used to do quite a bit of collabs. I remember them doing collabs with Deemo, Hatsune Miku, Chain Chronicles, Guilty Gear, King of Fighters, and etc... fun times. Now I feel nostalgic... lel.

Reveal hidden contents

Miku:

Screenshot_2015-08-31-21-13-22.thumb.png.04bcc23b445a7ccef56ca96121cbcac5.png

Sakura Miku, who was oddly a Global exclusive, which irritated many JP players, LUL:

Screenshot_2016-05-27-16-51-17.thumb.png.ac918ef9521a08ec32d75ce995138be5.png   Screenshot_2016-05-28-18-00-39.thumb.png.a0f14c7f1638ae6b667e5867ac063a8a.png

Dizzy, from Guilty Gear:

Screenshot_2017-05-18-08-52-47.thumb.png.d073f0a9430118c7717eecac48b90c56.png

And many more... but I think these are enough samples.

Too bad the game pretty much went down hill, after the JP version (i.e. the original version), stopped getting any new content. The publisher for the Global version took over the Global version of the game afterwards, and turned it into a pure cash grab.... while the original devs in Japan moved onto making a sequel... but it looks like the sequel won't get released outside Japan anytime soon, due to some kind of a publishing issue. Oy voy.

You mean Brave Frontier 2?  Isn't that out for global already?  

Beta Testers
9,510 posts

Knights Chronicle, which is one of the better mobile hero collection RPGs, recently had their Fairy Tail collaboration event for their global servers.  I am not sure but I think its still on.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles
9 hours ago, Eisennagel said:

You mean Brave Frontier 2?  Isn't that out for global already?

Nope, and it looks like it'll never come out outside of Japan. GUMI, the publisher for the global version of Brave Frontier 1, has implied in the past that they do not like how Brave Frontier 2 does not have any Gacha... or so I heard. It seems BF2 allows the players to directly pay money to get heroes and powerful units, without gambling through Gacha (kinda like how players directly acquire Premium ships in WoWs through the Premium shop, sans Santa crates and such). However, since GUMI holds the publishing right to the BF globally, the devs in Japan are stuck. What's worse is that BF2 has recently went into a development hiatus, because I heard that the devs want to figure out the future direction for the sequel and what not... which doesn't sound good at all, if you ask me.

All the while GUMI has kept making their own contents, events, units & heroes, and even collabs for BF1 (after I quit the game, I heard I did another collab with Hatsune Miku, and then one with My Hero Academia)... while making the game even more cash grabby. It's a real shame, IMO. I really loved playing that game... well, I used to. Back when I stopped playing, the game became very repetitive, grindy, and definitely cash grabby. Sometimes I miss it, but then I soon remember why I left and I return to feeling normal.

But I digress... I think I went a bit offtopic. Back to anime collabs, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

I wish Azur Lane gets another collab with something anime or anime-styled. The Neptunia collab was actually fun, but that was the only one that the NA version got so far. On the other hand, I heard the JP version is doing one with... a restaurant?? LEL! I heard Japan actually does a lot of collabs like this often.

ED9tewX.thumb.jpg.11c93586e4d870fcca5db1deca5cd1e5.jpg

And it's a curry house~. Noice. Now I feel like some curry, lul. :Smile_teethhappy:

ADDED: Speaking of Fairy Tail collab, Brave Frontier had one too... two years ago, lal. My goodness, I remember participating in that.

Spoiler

FairyTailCollabVortexBanner.png.e5e24338392b774da5c157ecc5ee2e44.png

Edited by Blorgh2017

Members
1,596 posts
47 battles
On 3/25/2019 at 2:02 AM, Blorgh2017 said:

I wish Azur Lane gets another collab with something anime or anime-styled. The Neptunia collab was actually fun, but that was the only one that the NA version got so far. On the other hand, I heard the JP version is doing one with... a restaurant?? LEL! I heard Japan actually does a lot of collabs like this often.

ED9tewX.thumb.jpg.11c93586e4d870fcca5db1deca5cd1e5.jpg

And it's a curry house~. Noice. Now I feel like some curry, lul. :Smile_teethhappy:

Remember that irrelevant obsolete dedgaem that no one (read: non-Japanese/foreigners) plays anymore called Kantai Collection?  It has collaborated, and still is collaborating, with a lot of Japanese companies, including convenience stores, winemakers, department stores, restaurants, theme parks, etc. They have their own exclusive events, like the Zuiun festival, not to mention their collabs with the JMSDF. 

To overseas people, Kantai Collection might seem dead, but in Japan it's very much alive, and has become entrenched into their culture. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles
5 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Remember that irrelevant obsolete dedgaem that no one (read: non-Japanese/foreigners) plays anymore called Kantai Collection?  It has collaborated, and still is collaborating, with a lot of Japanese companies, including convenience stores, winemakers, department stores, restaurants, theme parks, etc. They have their own exclusive events, like the Zuiun festival, not to mention their collabs with the JMSDF. 

To overseas people, Kantai Collection might seem dead, but in Japan it's very much alive, and has become entrenched into their culture. 

So I heard. Well, it's not really my business. It's not like they allow non-Japanese to even touch their stuffs... so there's no point in talking about it.

Beta Testers
9,510 posts

The collabs Star Ocean Anamnesis means you will eventually get a situation where you are going to pit Nier Automata characters against Attack on Titan.  The NA characters are so strong and so meta, the game has been laughingly referred to as Star Ocean Automata.   The Star Ocean franchise only has five games throughout its lifetime, that's going to be put a hard limit on the legacy heroes you can draw from, and the game will have to survive with alternates, collabs, both with other Square Enix games and outside, and new original characters.  

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles

I cri everytiem.

Cause no such kewl skins for PC WoWs.

Sign in to follow this