CV_Jeebies

Midway Special Upgrade: Reinforced Armor Protection Strike Aircraft

14 comments in this topic

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
5,800 battles

Acquired the Midway CV 11 days ago.  Shortly afterwards I was offered the personal mission "between a rock and a carrier" to acquire the unique Midway upgrade of Reinforced Armor Protection.  Given the ridiculous AA that currently deletes these paper constructed aircraft I thought "great, at least there's something to alleviate the magic disappearing planes from OP AA" and proceeded to grind through all 5 rather lengthy requirements in the hopes that I could add a few more layers of paper to the aircraft so they last a couple more seconds".  Of course when one goes to equip the upgrade, it's impossible to equip.

Only after searching extensively through the clunky site was I able to ascertain that the upgrade isn't actually able to be mounted thanks to the beta game we've got running on the live servers.   Why on earth was I offered this worthless upgrade given the fact that it took a substantial amount of battles -- 90 or so -- to grind through the mission?  I used every single buff I could for each aspect of the mission including camos, signals, and premium time in order to get the ever-so-needed HP increase to my paper built aircraft, only to be left with NOTHING.  WG, you need to get your ducks in a row and stop treating paying customers like they're worthless lab rats.   

I've had 2 other issues that I've tried to go through your support channels only to get scripted nonsense help in return.  I have never seen a company so desperate to turn players away from a game.  You've made substantial changes ON LIVE PAID CUSTOMER SERVERS, and when someone has an issue you just wave them off with some scripted nonsense.  Support has been so worthless with other issues I already know there's going to be zero accommodation for your latest error.  We want PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WE WANT IT YESTERDAY.

How is it you can so quickly nerf and buff various ships, but the takeoff glitch where aircraft are unable to be controlled (or takeoff and make a hard left or right turn) remains, or the CV's control via waypoints couldn't navigate its way across a map with no obstacles, or after returning to ship there's no CV flight status info and "Press F to return to carrier" remains on-screen.  I would like a proper human to contact regarding my issues and I'd like them solved.  I do not want to go back and forth with someone hitting a button to issue a scripted reply.

• Funny 1

[LMSQD]
Members
2 posts
9,869 battles
On 3/19/2019 at 5:39 AM, NoSoMo said:

Acquired the Midway CV 11 days ago.  Shortly afterwards I was offered the personal mission "between a rock and a carrier" to acquire the unique Midway upgrade of Reinforced Armor Protection.  Given the ridiculous AA that currently deletes these paper constructed aircraft I thought "great, at least there's something to alleviate the magic disappearing planes from OP AA" and proceeded to grind through all 5 rather lengthy requirements in the hopes that I could add a few more layers of paper to the aircraft so they last a couple more seconds".  Of course when one goes to equip the upgrade, it's impossible to equip.

Only after searching extensively through the clunky site was I able to ascertain that the upgrade isn't actually able to be mounted thanks to the beta game we've got running on the live servers.   Why on earth was I offered this worthless upgrade given the fact that it took a substantial amount of battles -- 90 or so -- to grind through the mission?  I used every single buff I could for each aspect of the mission including camos, signals, and premium time in order to get the ever-so-needed HP increase to my paper built aircraft, only to be left with NOTHING.  WG, you need to get your ducks in a row and stop treating paying customers like they're worthless lab rats.   

I've had 2 other issues that I've tried to go through your support channels only to get scripted nonsense help in return.  I have never seen a company so desperate to turn players away from a game.  You've made substantial changes ON LIVE PAID CUSTOMER SERVERS, and when someone has an issue you just wave them off with some scripted nonsense.  Support has been so worthless with other issues I already know there's going to be zero accommodation for your latest error.  We want PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WE WANT IT YESTERDAY.

How is it you can so quickly nerf and buff various ships, but the takeoff glitch where aircraft are unable to be controlled (or takeoff and make a hard left or right turn) remains, or the CV's control via waypoints couldn't navigate its way across a map with no obstacles, or after returning to ship there's no CV flight status info and "Press F to return to carrier" remains on-screen.  I would like a proper human to contact regarding my issues and I'd like them solved.  I do not want to go back and forth with someone hitting a button to issue a scripted reply.

Same thing just happened to me and I'm pissed. I will not spend another dime on this game.

• Funny 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
15,619 battles

Heyo Captains,

So as from the start of 8.0, the Unique upgrades from both the Midway and the Hakuryu were put in a suspended state to be re-added in the future date when balance assessments were completed and when it was determined how to make the upgrade provide a unique experience. Players who already earned these upgrades will be given the new version upon its release. 

We decided to leave the mission in place for those who have not yet earned these upgrades to allow Captains the opportunity to as they play these ships normally. If you complete this mission chain, when the upgrade is returned to the game, you will receive it immediately. We figured since you will be playing the ship regardless, working towards unlocking the upgrade does not impede play.

Fem, 

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,365 posts
13,820 battles

Let's see:

If they removed the mission and added it back in later, you would be ticked that you weren't able to make progress towards it when they put it back in and would demand to be compensated for the battles it didn't track.

So they left it in, and now you are ticked because you can't use it.

This is the gaming industry communication problem in a nutshell.  No matter what they do, they lose.

• Cool 2

[B-Z]
Members
9 posts
7,255 battles

*** PRIORITY'S ***

Here we are, December, 2019 - Update 8.10> and still can't get the Unique Upgrades that players have Already Earned. I don't get it, there hasn't been any changes to CV's/AA in 4 months. WG releases Premium Ships like there going out of style, but can't find time to balance a few Unique Upgrades??? 

I'm sure if this were something they could put in a crate or throw in the Premium Shop they'd find time. $$$

Edited by saleen37804
  • Cool 1

[PNCMD]
[PNCMD]
Members
1 post
6,010 battles

Lovely, would have liked to know I wasn't going to get the upgrade after completing the mission... ya know before I completed the mission. 

Members
3 posts
10,291 battles

I am also super excited to have earned this upgrade, only to realize I cannot use it. 

On the bright side the tool-tip just says it only makes aircraft slower... no mention of tougher. 

Perhaps we can get a kamikaze upgrade for IJN CVs too. 

lol!

[CSWLN]
Members
135 posts
5,099 battles

Big oof

I've been grinding the missions this entire time only to find out it's actually worthless. Sure, im supposed to get the replacement mod later but based on the current track record it seems like its never going to happen. Great to know I've spent my ingame time grinding as inefficiently as possible when I could be playing a class that Wargaming actually supports.

[DSAM]
Members
12 posts
14,282 battles

August 1, 2020.

I just finished the mission chain.  Only to find I can't mount it.  Then I search and find this thread.

ANY UPDATE WG?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,710 posts

Wow... and to think I looked at my post from nearly a year ago thinking necro thread... alas, I was befuddled to see it was a Dev... interesting. 

Hopefully all goes well and no Charlie Foxtrots occur! All the best with this one. 

Oh... how will we know it's working? Maybe the screams from frustrated AA jockeys who can no longer wipe planes out with one shot? 

[NSC]
Supertester
2,324 posts
5 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Wow... and to think I looked at my post from nearly a year ago thinking necro thread... alas, I was befuddled to see it was a Dev... interesting. 

Hopefully all goes well and no Charlie Foxtrots occur! All the best with this one. 

Oh... how will we know it's working? Maybe the screams from frustrated AA jockeys who can no longer wipe planes out with one shot? 

Well, this is sort of a unique case I think because someone else posted recently too and @foodprinter's reply was to answer that player's question. Also, this upgrade was disabled with the CV rework but will be made functional again in the near future (as announced on the Dev Blog), so this is a unique case in this respect too.

Good luck and maybe you'll find the updated upgrades useful!

• Cool 1