You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

USN 127 mm/38

7 comments in this topic

[TRGT]
Members
124 posts
2,811 battles

Like to know if the 127mm/38 performance in WOW is accurate because everything I read talks about its overall qualities as one of the best guns of the caliber at the time

or why it is portrayed this way in the game

maybe its to even out because of its rate of fire and other details.

[FTH]
Members
846 posts
12,689 battles

As far as I can tell, not even close...the range is probly half what it should be.

[TRGT]
Members
124 posts
2,811 battles

So... its like... fake news? (don't make me say is name, please)

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,016 posts
6,980 battles
8 minutes ago, Purg473 said:

As far as I can tell, not even close...the range is probly half what it should be.

Ironically, the only ship in-game that is capable of reaching its historical maximum gun range is Fletcher.

[SOV]
Members
1,755 posts

The 6 inch gun was the best in its class. It rate up there with 40mm bofferes and the 50 cal.

In Hornfishers book he said they were firing like a machine gun. There rate of fire was fast and there range was more in rl than in the game.

Speaking of reload I think the reload booster is probably the only RL moduals the game has. Crews could for a short time reload alot faster than normal.

[TRGT]
Members
124 posts
2,811 battles

I have an Haida and I think its worse, talk about ballistic, very hard to hit something at a distance.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,016 posts
6,980 battles
7 hours ago, 3r22r said:

I have an Haida and I think its worse, talk about ballistic, very hard to hit something at a distance.

That is not unrealistic. There‘s a reason for why Destroyer combat rarely took place beyond 15km, those are relatively small weapons on relatively unstable platforms with in comparison to capital ships very little fire control equipment.

It‘s probably easier in-game than it was in reality.