You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sabo_1

How to build my Gearing

8 comments in this topic

[AFK]
Members
25 posts
3,046 battles

I just got my Gearing. Now comes the hardest part. How to Build it. My Captain skills are (PT), (LS), (SE), (CE), (RPF or Radio Location), (AR) and my final three points will be either in BFT or Torpedo Acceleration (TA) depending upon my Gearing upgrades. Now, my upgrades I currently have are MA1, Def. AA, blankblank, concealment, blank. 

I am debating between:

Aiming Systems Mod 1 OR AA Mod 1 for the first blank,

Propulsion Mod 2 OR Steering Gear Mod 2 for the second blank

Main Battery, AA guns or Torps for the third blank.

I would like your advice and reason for choosing.

P.S. I have a great dislike for CV's (mainly coming from my Shima). 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,147 posts
11,272 battles
1 hour ago, Sabo_1 said:

how did you played in your Fletcher?

[PVE]
Members
13,895 posts
8,913 battles
2 hours ago, Sabo_1 said:

I just got my Gearing. Now comes the hardest part. How to Build it. My Captain skills are (PT), (LS), (SE), (CE), (RPF or Radio Location), (AR) and my final three points will be either in BFT or Torpedo Acceleration (TA) depending upon my Gearing upgrades. Now, my upgrades I currently have are MA1, Def. AA, blankblank, concealment, blank. 

I am debating between:

Aiming Systems Mod 1 OR AA Mod 1 for the first blank,

Propulsion Mod 2 OR Steering Gear Mod 2 for the second blank

Main Battery, AA guns or Torps for the third blank.

P.S. I have a great dislike for CV's (mainly coming from my Shima). 

First you lay the keel... :Smile_hiding:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm a co-op main, but I like to spec so I can play PvP as well.

I'm going with MBM1 to help protect the guns and torps.

Prop Mod 1 as you want to be able to keep moving in a DD or CL if the engine is hit.

AA mod 1 as I don't like planes messing with me. That will boost your mid and long range flak clouds from 3 to 5 bursts.

Prop mod 2 as speeding up when you are slow or stopped is very important. If you like to wiggle and not start and stop, then go with Steering gears.

Concealment of course.

Gun fire control for more range, bumps 11.12 out to 12.9km. Or you can go with main gun reload for 2.6s instead of 3s. Your guns already turn slower than Fletcher, so that slows it a little more.

I'm sticking US Ovechkin in Gearing to help bring the gun traverse close to Benson and Fletchers. I also might put in the reload mod, so Ovechkin can offset the traverse nerf.

Working on Ovechkin, but is is only 13 pts now. PT, LS, SE, CE, SI, (IFHE, EM)

[AFK]
Members
25 posts
3,046 battles
2 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

how did you played in your Fletcher?

I played it as a bit of a hybrid with no AA build, since I have a KIDD (love that ship even if it doesn't love me). However, CV's have been extremely frustrating for me, as it limits my ability to bully around and take the cap, etc which is why I am learning towards a more AA build option. I already have a Shima, which is my primary torp ship, and am looking for a more gun-boating CV countering ship. 

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
798 posts
6,433 battles

I'm only at the Mahan but I have a 19pt captain that I am quite happy with and I doubt I'll change it going up the line. Switch out DE for TAE depending on your tastes, I may at some point.

image.png.d8f45ba5e5a0566e143ee7e0a6599cbf.png

[PVE]
Members
13,895 posts
8,913 battles
11 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

I'm only at the Mahan but I have a 19pt captain that I am quite happy with and I doubt I'll change it going up the line. Switch out DE for TAE depending on your tastes, I may at some point.

image.png.d8f45ba5e5a0566e143ee7e0a6599cbf.png

Update 8.2, scheduled for Mar 27th, is supposed to have another week long free respec period.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
798 posts
6,433 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Update 8.2, scheduled for Mar 27th, is supposed to have another week long free respec period.

Yup, can't wait :D 

[AAA]
Members
578 posts
6,648 battles

You really need to decide if you want a torp boat, gun boat or aa boat. 

I went full torp build with main bat 1, propulsion 1, aiming mod 1, propulsion 2, and torp mod.

capt skills

Pt, pm, ar, ls, bft, TAE, se, and ce. 

Honestly with bft it’s still a good gun boat with 2.7 s reload and has decent aa. 

For clan battles I will go pm, ar, ls, bft, se, ce and radio freq detection and swap torp mod for main bat 3