You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pastore123

Just get rid of carriers

185 comments in this topic

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
959 posts
8,391 battles

As the title says, just get rid of carriers. I've never been a real fan of carriers for two reasons, I play them horribly and I detest seeing them on the enemy team. Before the rework I spec'ed a lot of my ships for aa for how much I detest them. Today I've experienced a game with two carriers who had focused my division mate and I as we were in our Harugamo's. We managed to knock out 55 planes between the two of us, but were stuck to one area as they were always above us and trying to drop on us with torps as we sat in the smoke trying to waste them with aa.

Another scenario happened with the Ashitaka which has horrible aa and because I was trying to manuever away from the torpedo bombers from the tier 8 British carrier Implacable. As soon as I maneuvered to avoid torps on two different runs within 15 seconds, I was broadside to heavy hitting bb's who just annihilated my HP, only to be finished off by the Implacables dive bombers.

And please, don't take this wrong, I have no qualms with people who want to play cv. The carriers in these games did a good job of playing their cv's and they do get props. However, it just further commits me to detesting this ship class in game. If you're a cv player, don't worry, I don't hate the player, I hate the game ;)

• Cool 38
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

Members
306 posts
4,777 battles

No CVs does bring back the stupid camping that's damn boring, but even though I have been playing the hell out of my CVs I hear ya.  You simply have to adapt to the environment which means being ready for one, two or no CVs per side.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
3,329 posts
5 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

As the title says, just get rid of carriers. I've never been a real fan of carriers for two reasons, I play them horribly and I detest seeing them on the enemy team. Before the rework I spec'ed a lot of my ships for aa for how much I detest them. Today I've experienced a game with two carriers who had focused my division mate and I as we were in our Harugamo's. We managed to knock out 55 planes between the two of us, but were stuck to one area as they were always above us and trying to drop on us with torps as we sat in the smoke trying to waste them with aa.

Another scenario happened with the Ashitaka which has horrible aa and because I was trying to manuever away from the torpedo bombers from the tier 8 British carrier Implacable. As soon as I maneuvered to avoid torps on two different runs within 15 seconds, I was broadside to heavy hitting bb's who just annihilated my HP, only to be finished off by the Implacables dive bombers.

And please, don't take this wrong, I have no qualms with people who want to play cv. The carriers in these games did a good job of playing their cv's and they do get props. However, it just further commits me to detesting this ship class in game. If you're a cv player, don't worry, I don't hate the player, I hate the game ;)

Ok wait... Anyine complaing about op stuff and your in a Haragumo!!!!!! The bUmbest ship in the game. The ship that makes Stailgrade look like t1 ship. The ship that has perfict guns range and aa. The ship that with a 100mm gun can pen every ship in the game.

But feel sorry for me because I got bombed. Not sunk and taking out his whole flight desk but yea. Another DD post wanting invincable ship.

CV has in the game before you started playing and will be hear after you started.

And as long as your on a, gake it out because I dont like it. Well take out the Haragumo because its stupid beyond repair. Give me a button for no DD in a match.

Yes this response will fall on deff ears because you want what you want but anyone complaning about another ship when they are in a broken ship is nuts!

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
959 posts
8,391 battles
2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Ok wait... Anyine complaing about op stuff and your in a Haragumo!!!!!! The bUmbest ship in the game. The ship that makes Stailgrade look like t1 ship. The ship that has perfict guns range and aa. The ship that with a 100mm gun can pen every ship in the game.

But feel sorry for me because I got bombed. Not sunk and taking out his whole flight desk but yea. Another DD post wanting invincable ship.

CV has in the game before you started playing and will be hear after you started.

And as long as your on a, gake it out because I dont like it. Well take out the Haragumo because its stupid beyond repair. Give me a button for no DD in a match.

Yes this response will fall on deff ears because you want what you want but anyone complaning about another ship when they are in a broken ship is nuts!

I laughed a little. I have never liked cv's. Although you may be right about cv's being in game before I started playing (which was in open beta), I have really never liked them, regardless of being in a "bUmbest" ship. I'm not a dd main, I play all ships the same with the exception for cv. I assume you're under the age of 18 since you decided to write out your response in a defensive manner. As stated by papa smurf above, not having cv's in game would probably promote a more campy game, but that's why we have dd's. Trust me, although I play the Harugamo, I don't like seeing it on the enemy team when I'm a bb. However, it has it's place. Not cv's in my opinion. 

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
11,722 posts
32,786 battles

Its irrelevant what ship he was in. The relevant issue is that CVs make the game suck for the other players. Until WG addresses the experience of the fodderbote, posts like this will be a regular feature of the forums.

• Cool 15
  • Boring 3

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
959 posts
8,391 battles
11 minutes ago, xPapa_Smurfx said:

No CVs does bring back the stupid camping that's damn boring, but even though I have been playing the hell out of my CVs I hear ya.  You simply have to adapt to the environment which means being ready for one, two or no CVs per side.

I would definitely enjoy the no cv's per side ;) 
This is me venting for sure, I know cv's are here to stay. That's why I still stack aa kind of. Even though I'd rather see RTS cv rather than what we have now. 

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,488 posts
9,187 battles

Nah, get rid of destroyers instead.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[SOV]
Members
3,329 posts
17 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

I laughed a little. I have never liked cv's. Although you may be right about cv's being in game before I started playing (which was in open beta), I have really never liked them, regardless of being in a "bUmbest" ship. I'm not a dd main, I play all ships the same with the exception for cv. I assume you're under the age of 18 since you decided to write out your response in a defensive manner. As stated by papa smurf above, not having cv's in game would probably promote a more campy game, but that's why we have dd's. Trust me, although I play the Harugamo, I don't like seeing it on the enemy team when I'm a bb. However, it has it's place. Not cv's in my opinion. 

Its defencive because of how long the hate train has been going on. Ita insane at this point. 

Every game if you lose its the cv FOULT if you win well it was the BB or somthing. If you lose because of the cv then you have to win because of it.

I have basicky played nothing but cv scents the rework and really enjoy it. As to damage I can do better in any crusier than with planes. But the style works and ships seem so slow now.

Its the constant pounding by the players that is so aggravating. I have also seen that people dont care how much damage was done but by what it was dont by.

A 300k game in your Clevland. Win congrade so cool. In a Lexinton!!! Opopopop it just needs to stop.

Have a great day.

• Cool 2

[FGNE]
Members
679 posts
3,475 battles

It’s a decision you have to make, give that broadside or take the torps... given how little damage a single torp does now your best bet might be to eat “some” torps in a way that you don’t show much side.

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
959 posts
8,391 battles
2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Its defencive because of how long the hate train has been going on. Ita insane at this point. 

Every game if you lose its the cv FOULT if you win well it was the BB or somthing. If you lose because of the cv then you have to win because of it.

I have basicky played nothing but cv scents the rework and really enjoy it. As to damage I can do better in any crusier than with planes. But the style works and ships seem so slow now.

Its the constant pounding by the players that is so aggravating. I have also seen that people dont care how much damage was done but by what it was dont by.

A 300k game in your Clevland. Win congrade so cool. In a Lexinton!!! Opopopop it just needs to stop.

Have a great day.

I'm not one to cast blame on anyone in game. I hardly ever get upset at other players. Like I said in my post, I gave props to the cv players. They did their job. I think you can see that I don't hate people who play them or even blame a game loss on them. If you like playing this ship style, that's you. I'm not going to get upset with you for it. 
However, I do think it would have been better to never implement cv's in the first place.

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
959 posts
8,391 battles
7 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

It’s a decision you have to make, give that broadside or take the torps... given how little damage a single torp does now your best bet might be to eat “some” torps in a way that you don’t show much side.

That's what I've been thinking about for the torp bombers for now. That's about the only thing I can do and tonights match taught me that lesson. 

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,308 posts
18,093 battles

First:

BFT & MAN AA = PROBLEM SOLVED. 

second:

Reinforce a sector. 

Third

Hit P key...wait until plane spotted and hit P key and smoke up.

Problem solved.

There should be a hard cap of 1 CV only in a match.

Try playing a carrier.

Only good players can cause you a problem. 

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
959 posts
8,391 battles
4 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

First:

BFT & MAN AA = PROBLEM SOLVED. 

second:

Reinforce a sector. 

Third

Hit P key...wait until plane spotted and hit P key and smoke up.

Problem solved.

There should be a hard cap of 1 CV only in a match.

Try playing a carrier.

Only good players can cause you a problem. 

I appreciate the tips, but I already run this. Smoke is only good for when I'm in a dd. I play all different classes and still don't like cv's. I've played carriers. Don't play well with them. I even tried the new rework in PTS and found it worse than before. 

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,099 battles

wait until aquila comes and you will create strength out of nowhere  to play CVs in a average way.

CV_Aquila_LaSpezia_Jun51_NAN5-63.jpg

• Funny 1

[FK]
Members
48 posts
10,171 battles

Its inherently dumb to have ships with little risk on the periphery of a map being able to pick off ships engaged in fighting each other. CVs needlessly prolong games , hurt general game play and are very poorly realized in this game. As for campers its harder to kill them in a CV game because the campers stay out of range of the CV but when ships come in to kill the campers the CV knocks them off.

Here is an idea -when a CV launches planes he becomes visible  for the same amount of time a ship does when it fires . That could equalize things a bit. CVs increase the overall damage in games which makes  WOW money in the short term  

.But how many players play less because  of the ever increasing number of CVs in the game ?  Its a bad trend and can alienate an ever increasing number of game players.

But WOW is afraid to ask many questions about CVs in their surveys . I can understand why.they may not like what they hear.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[WOLFB]
Members
3,213 posts
13,144 battles

TBH T4-T6 and T8 CV experience isn't really noob friendly, in fact I didn't really have as much fun as I hoped. When you play against same tier, it's actually ok, against lower tier you can feed on them and against higher tier you just hope your planes will survive the attack run and hope your team can do something without you.

However my T10 exp so far has been very enjoyable, even I someone who hate CV can find some fun. Since I'm top tier, my planes doesn't melt as fast as T8 planes so I can afford to be a bit more reckless and that's where I can truly see whether I actually suck at CV or I'm ok. I'm not the best CV player but I can do some things.

Do I still want CV removal ? I don't know since I'm having fun and I can quite understand the CV mecanics but I do think some game mecanic like flooding could be treated differently for CV vs surface ship.

• Cool 1

[-ARM-]
Beta Testers
948 posts
9,332 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Its irrelevant what ship he was in. The relevant issue is that CVs make the game suck for the other players. Until WG addresses the experience of the fodderbote, posts like this will be a regular feature of the forums.

And DDs and CLs/CAs sitting in smoke screens or behind islands pelting the few brave BBs that dare to push with an endless stream of HE shells doesn't make the game suck for them?

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
11,722 posts
32,786 battles
3 minutes ago, sulghunter331 said:

And DDs and CLs/CAs sitting in smoke screens or behind islands pelting the few brave BBs that dare to push with an endless stream of HE shells doesn't make the game suck for them?

Lets suppose they do. 

How does that make CVs not suck?

A sucks! Well B sucks too! Is not an argument but an affirmation of the original claim.

But you should probably ask yourself why the forum is filled with posts from people who know how to play about how much CVs suck, but posts about HE are relatively uncommon. Maybe there is some factor that makes the HE spammers more endurable than CVs?

• Cool 1

[-ARM-]
Beta Testers
948 posts
9,332 battles
17 minutes ago, TITAN_1020 said:

Its inherently dumb to have ships with little risk on the periphery of a map being able to pick off ships engaged in fighting each other. CVs needlessly prolong games , hurt general game play and are very poorly realized in this game. As for campers its harder to kill them in a CV game because the campers stay out of range of the CV but when ships come in to kill the campers the CV knocks them off.

Here is an idea -when a CV launches planes he becomes visible  for the same amount of time a ship does when it fires . That could equalize things a bit. CVs increase the overall damage in games which makes  WOW money in the short term  

.But how many players play less because  of the ever increasing number of CVs in the game ?  Its a bad trend and can alienate an ever increasing number of game players.

But WOW is afraid to ask many questions about CVs in their surveys . I can understand why.they may not like what they hear.

Just how many times must it be repeated to you before it gets through? The CV is risking its only major means of dealing damage by sending its planes in to attack enemy ships. The CV is taking the risk of sending planes into flak fields, and if it loses too many planes, then it will have next to no planes left to deal damage with. Imagine if a destroyer had to risk the destruction of its guns or torpedo launchers every single time it fired a salvo, or launched a volley of torpedoes.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
741 posts
14,794 battles

I'd be happy if the carriers were limited to one per team. Just that. I don't mind them in matches but two per team, especially at the higher tiers, is a bit much. 

do-you-want-vlwhn7.jpg

[AAA]
Members
504 posts
9,086 battles

Funny how DD players the ones who have been the louder than any of group of players about nerfs to their class want CV nerfed into the ground or removed. Remember CV being in game has greatly reduced the nerf DD posts by other classes. 

• Funny 2

[-ARM-]
Beta Testers
948 posts
9,332 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Lets suppose they do. 

How does that make CVs not suck?

A sucks! Well B sucks too! Is not an argument but an affirmation of the original claim.

But you should probably ask yourself why the forum is filled with posts from people who know how to play about how much CVs suck, but posts about HE are relatively uncommon. Maybe there is some factor that makes the HE spammers more endurable than CVs?

Yeah, a lot of those posts are about just how badly CVs have gotten shafted.

[FK]
Members
48 posts
10,171 battles

DDs are very vulnerable and expose themselves while capping.  Torpedoes are their only great equalizer.  CVs on the other  hand sit like cowards off map picking players off while they engage other ships.   It suggests a sort of voyeurism . Its disingenuous. 

AA requires no skill generally its automated -no fun.   I would rather spend all my time firing on other ships than running from little dots in the sky launched by someone cowering in a corner.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
12,631 posts
22,455 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Mostly I'm curious about whether or not WG thought the hate over the rework would go on as long as it has.

I don't recall the outcry over the Open Water Stealth Firing and  Smoke Firing nerfs going on anything like as long as this has.

[RLGN]
Members
12,631 posts
22,455 battles
2 minutes ago, TITAN_1020 said:

I would rather spend all my time firing on other ships than running from little dots in the sky launched by someone cowering in a corner.

Cowering in a corner...

...wonder how I got that Cap ribbon in my Ranger the other day then...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2