You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FUKUYU

AA from smoke

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
57 posts
5,950 battles

With all the nerfs on cv's and such, the stupidest thing I have seen is a t5 dd smoke up and shoot 2 whole squadrons of my T4 planes down....thats "balanced play"?  If I cant see you, how the heck can the gunners see me...lemme guess the other ships are telling the AA where to shoot?....THATS retarded...fix that crap.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,169 posts
13,352 battles

AA from smoke should increase the detection radius in a similar manner as firing from smoke does.

• Cool 3

[WOLFB]
Members
3,215 posts
13,153 battles

No, the DD in smoke can't see you. Learn games mecanic.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
57 posts
5,950 battles
Just now, AlcatrazNC said:

No, the DD in smoke can't see you. Learn games mecanic.

Really???  I beg to differ. He was sneaking up the flank BY HIMSELF, and doing a good job I might add, so there was NO other AA fire around but him. DD did all the shooting. Maybee its a bug they havent found, or not....but thats what happened.  Thats something really broken there.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,215 posts
13,153 battles
3 minutes ago, FUKUYU said:

Really???  I beg to differ. He was sneaking up the flank BY HIMSELF, and doing a good job I might add, so there was NO other AA fire around but him. DD did all the shooting. Maybee its a bug they havent found, or not....but thats what happened.  Thats something really broken there.

I grind all from T4 to T10 for the second time and each time my planes was being shot at by a ship in smoke, it just mean another ship was spotting my planes for him. A lone smoked ship CANNOT spot planes. There"s a 1-2 sec delay for AA to stop shooting but that's it

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,011 posts
16,994 battles

If you died to a T5 DD, it's because you flew into flak clouds. Don't do that, and you'll quickly find that it doesn't matter one bit whether a destroyer can AA out of a smokescreen or not.

Beta Testers
57 posts
5,950 battles
1 minute ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I grind all from T4 to T10 for the second time and each time my planes was being shot at by a ship in smoke, it just mean another ship was spotting my planes for him. A lone smoked ship CANNOT spot planes. There"s a 1-2 sec delay for AA to stop shooting but that's it

Like I said before..other ships "spotting" accurate AA fire is retarded....the whole point of this post.

• Cool 1

[FBXGC]
Members
386 posts
2,773 battles
1 hour ago, FUKUYU said:

Like I said before..other ships "spotting" accurate AA fire is retarded....the whole point of this post.

Why don't you find a different word to use to describe things...

Edited by HashtagYoloSwagChamp

Beta Testers
57 posts
5,950 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

If you died to a T5 DD, it's because you flew into flak clouds. Don't do that, and you'll quickly find that it doesn't matter one bit whether a destroyer can AA out of a smokescreen or not.

So a ship in smoke gets all the benefits, and no penaltys....ok???  I wasnt exactly flying in a straight line either.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,215 posts
13,153 battles
Just now, FUKUYU said:

If I go with your logic:

-You shouldn't be able to shoot from smoke using someone else spotting.

-You shouldn't be able to shoot over island using someone else spotting.

-You shouldn't be able to shoot behind smoke using someone else spotting.

-Secondaries on BB shouldn't be able to stealth firing from smoke.

• Boring 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,011 posts
16,994 battles
2 minutes ago, FUKUYU said:

So a ship in smoke gets all the benefits, and no penaltys....ok???  I wasnt exactly flying in a straight line either.  

Yes, it is very much ok. He pushed the only button he has that gives him defense against aircraft. And then you flew into his flak. Don't blame the game for any of that.

Beta Testers
57 posts
5,950 battles
3 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

If I go with your logic:

Ohhh I agree some of that is really special....plenty of past threads on that in the past.....just adding the AA factor to that list.

Beta Testers
57 posts
5,950 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Yes, it is very much ok. He pushed the only button he has that gives him defense against aircraft. And then you flew into his flak. Don't blame the game for any of that.

Oh, I have no problem with not seeing him, well done on his part....its the no penalty shooting that gets me...there should be.

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
7 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

If I go with your logic:

Wouldnt call bb secondary fire from smoke stealthy... bismarck looks like the crew is throwing a fiesta on deck and everyone is juggling lit roman candles...

[SOV]
Members
3,414 posts
1 hour ago, FUKUYU said:

With all the nerfs on cv's and such, the stupidest thing I have seen is a t5 dd smoke up and shoot 2 whole squadrons of my T4 planes down....thats "balanced play"?  If I cant see you, how the heck can the gunners see me...lemme guess the other ships are telling the AA where to shoot?....THATS retarded...fix that crap.

There needs t9 be some type of penalty for shoting from smoke. 50 percent accuracy, detection somthing.

O thats right DD so hard must make it even easier.

Yea.....

• Boring 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,577 posts
9,656 battles
50 minutes ago, FUKUYU said:

Well he can't spot your planes if he sits in smoke but somebody else can for him. Seriously though, dd's have it hard enough as is with CV raining down from above. Pick a better target or just accept that you lose a few planes while your ship is perfectly safe in the back corner of the map. It's not like anybody really has AA at that tier anyways. (minus Yubari)

[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
485 posts
4,576 battles

Planes have a 10km spotting range and at T4 ships can easily spot your aircraft and you will be unable to see them unless you use your fast moving planes to see where everyone is first .  Especially cruisers and/or other DDs.  I mean if I could I would love to sail over islands and play king of the hill firing torpedoes like rockets off the top of the island.  Want my hill do ye?  Well come take it! :cap_rambo:

It works the same for spotting regular ships with main battery or torpedoes.

Its pretty standard play to if you are being onesidedly shot at by an enemy and you cannot engage them is to just... move away.  But planes are pretty slow amirite?  Its not like you can't go find another target to attack while the very angry smoke cloud fires at you.. until you move out of AA range.