You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Its been a long hard week so i treat myself to the graf spee and a german captain.Thank you WG.

9 comments in this topic

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

First battle as i have to go back to finish work the graf spee is simply amazing.

Aa is solid.

Torp detect is solid.

I had a close in brawl with a dd and a bb.

I decided to have a change and have a dabble with germany and this graf spee is great.

Secondaries are at 5 km range now.

Torp angles are fantastic.

Reload time is solid.

Wow thanks wg for this fun ship and new captain at 10 points.

Made my week good.

:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[BS]
Members
1,935 posts
9,827 battles

it was actually an event ship you could get for free like exeter i think. its really good at blasting DDs around caps, then hiding and stuff like that too... the HE does work upclose. you can even HE spam at long range for OK damage if you really have to

Edited by HorrorRoach

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
11,150 posts
2 hours ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

First battle as i have to go back to finish work the graf spee is simply amazing.

I got one of my few Krakens in the Spee, it can really be good, though you have to be a good shot because those big guns load slowly.

[RKLES]
Members
11,310 posts
12,728 battles

Yes Graf Spee is one of my all time favorite ships both in game and in real life. Such a remarkable ship for its size, I have had many great battles on her, and will continue to use her heavily.

Also a joke I had during the last Corgi Event where I was one of the Corgis and used Graf Spee a lot. The joke I would tell was that I was using a Picket Battleship since my Corgi crew was too short to use a full sized BB. The intense attacks from the enemy ships each battle only proved without a doubt just how amazing the Graf Spee can be, since odds were often 1 vs 12 soon after I got spotted of enemy was in position to pull it off. Lol good times, and that’s how I learned to use Graf Spee so that later when I got the ship I was worthy of using the ship. After all while it’s good to have fun, it’s also good to take such a ship seriously given its capabilities and real world history. And of course the fact that since Graf Spee is like a CA and BB combined, the captain level requirements are higher in order to get everything you need out of the ship such as faster gun reload, extra heal, faster turret rotation, protection from having Rudder and engines being totally disabled, and of course a little improvement to secondaries and AA guns.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
3 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

It's a fun ship.  Congratulations.

1 hour ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Good ships I have both Graf Spee's 

1 hour ago, HorrorRoach said:

it was actually an event ship you could get for free like exeter i think. its really good at blasting DDs around caps, then hiding and stuff like that too... the HE does work upclose. you can even HE spam at long range for OK damage if you really have to

47 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I got one of my few Krakens in the Spee, it can really be good, though you have to be a good shot because those big guns load slowly.

36 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yes Graf Spee is one of my all time favorite ships both in game and in real life. Such a remarkable ship for its size, I have had many great battles on her, and will continue to use her heavily.

Also a joke I had during the last Corgi Event where I was one of the Corgis and used Graf Spee a lot. The joke I would tell was that I was using a Picket Battleship since my Corgi crew was too short to use a full sized BB. The intense attacks from the enemy ships each battle only proved without a doubt just how amazing the Graf Spee can be, since odds were often 1 vs 12 soon after I got spotted of enemy was in position to pull it off. Lol good times, and that’s how I learned to use Graf Spee so that later when I got the ship I was worthy of using the ship. After all while it’s good to have fun, it’s also good to take such a ship seriously given its capabilities and real world history. And of course the fact that since Graf Spee is like a CA and BB combined, the captain level requirements are higher in order to get everything you need out of the ship such as faster gun reload, extra heal, faster turret rotation, protection from having Rudder and engines being totally disabled, and of course a little improvement to secondaries and AA guns.

What a beautiful ship and thanks all :D awesome fun.

Members
775 posts

Graf spee is a great lil ship, when she came out we all wondered if she would really work.  Well she turned out to work just fine, I love her too.  Glad she made your week, this thread made my day oddly enough. :cap_like:

[NUWES]
Members
2,792 posts
8,966 battles

It's a fine ship. Very low speed for a CA is it's only real weakness.