You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Poland Tech Tree?

12 comments in this topic

[F-N-S]
Members
554 posts

It just feels weird that there is a Polish DD in the game. 

Did WG ever plan a Poland tech tree? Maybe of DDs?

Why is WG so nice to Poland in comparison to dozens of other greater countries?

[SPTR]
Members
26,982 posts
14,854 battles

we have lots of premium ships belonging to other nations who doesn't even have a researchable line of that class type yet like  the italians who has prem cruisers and BBs but no researchable lines on them same with the French DDs.

[CK5]
Members
1,212 posts
12,123 battles

I would love to see a Pan European tech tree with ships from smaller European navies.  Realistically, I suppose the only lines would be destroyers and cruisers, but WG has shown imagination before in filling out tech trees. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
4 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Pride.

Hurricanes and britain.

Because it's a museum ship, and very popular in Europe.  it's easier to model something when you have detailed plans and you can check out the real thing to answer questions.

• Cool 3

[-PF-]
Members
40 posts
2,737 battles
43 minutes ago, ArnoldSchoenberg said:

That's a bit egocentric don't you think?  A very subjective and controversial way to put your point.  Perhaps asking something like when is X country going to get a premium ship or tech tree would be a little more palatable to some of your compatriots here.

[NMKJT]
Members
4,062 posts
48 minutes ago, ArnoldSchoenberg said:

Capitalism comrade. I know Poland is one of the bigger WG customer bases for tanks, would not be surprised if it has a lot of ships players as well

[YETI]
Beta Testers
2,906 posts
23,942 battles
50 minutes ago, mcraig66 said:

That's a bit egocentric don't you think?  A very subjective and controversial way to put your point.  Perhaps asking something like when is X country going to get a premium ship or tech tree would be a little more palatable to some of your compatriots here.

What ? ? ?

• Cool 1

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,880 posts
7,091 battles
3 hours ago, ArnoldSchoenberg said:

Poland CAN get a DD tech tree, with minimal paper, some post-war hand-me-downs, and 2 tier 4 premium cruisers that were sold to them by Britain. WG doesn't seem to want to give them a line despite having some seniority in the game of being added way before other nations. The player base also doesn't seem too thrilled about a Polish DD line despite Pan Asia having a singular DD line. But hey, why toss Poland a bone when you can just decide not to toss Poland a bone?

As for your comment about "Why is WG so nice to Poland in comparison to dozens of other greater countries?", you sound pretty pompous and absurd. Poland actually has a great culture and only in "recent history" have they had a history of having their teeth kicked in. In the present day, their country is actually pretty good and it's a nice place to live in for what its worth. 

[LOS]
Members
811 posts
12,134 battles

Part of the Common Wealth by war time treaty.  The Poles are a bit ' land locked'.  Not known as a sea- faring peoples.  Although, they are great soldiers... I met an Officer who stood down Krauts.  He was a patient of my Fathers' and I was glad to hear of his exploits at my Dads' behest.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,507 posts
4 hours ago, Phil_Swift_With_Flextape said:

Poland CAN get a DD tech tree, with minimal paper, some post-war hand-me-downs, and 2 tier 4 premium cruisers that were sold to them by Britain. WG doesn't seem to want to give them a line despite having some seniority in the game of being added way before other nations. The player base also doesn't seem too thrilled about a Polish DD line despite Pan Asia having a singular DD line. But hey, why toss Poland a bone when you can just decide not to toss Poland a bone?

As for your comment about "Why is WG so nice to Poland in comparison to dozens of other greater countries?", you sound pretty pompous and absurd. Poland actually has a great culture and only in "recent history" have they had a history of having their teeth kicked in. In the present day, their country is actually pretty good and it's a nice place to live in for what its worth. 

1 hour ago, Sinton said:

Part of the Common Wealth by war time treaty.  The Poles are a bit ' land locked'.  Not known as a sea- faring peoples.  Although, they are great soldiers... I met an Officer who stood down Krauts.  He was a patient of my Fathers' and I was glad to hear of his exploits at my Dads' behest.

:Smile_great:

:Smile_medal: