You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

Kidd Tier VIII

7 comments in this topic

[TRGT]
Members
124 posts
2,814 battles

I'm itching to buy Kidd, over the last 5 month I amassed 34000 Doubloons so 9100 to buy Kidd looks intersting

I already have Sims but there seems to be a big difference between the 2

I also have 170 million credits and 775 000 XPs I intend to use for DDs and cruisers since I have a lot of Battleships  I got by way of Santa's Gift and others

Got caught up with Salem witch I still don't know how to play properly so I dont want be rash with my purchase

and I wanted to buy Aigle with my coal but that urge went away somewhat

Suggestions? 

[_RNG_]
Members
69 posts
3,429 battles

It's a really good ship. It's a downtiered fletcher with extra AA at the loss of a torpedo launcher so it becomes more of a gunboat. If you want specifics, LittleWhiteMouse has reviews or if you want something comical, Yuro has a YouTube video on it. Just take into account the CV rework still going on and whether the AA gimmick is worth it to you.

Edit 1: Heres the links I mentioned

Edited by UEG_PATRIOT

[AAA]
Members
578 posts
6,648 battles

The Kidd is a cap monster. I

i don’t really play her in randoms. Her strength is taking caps and killing dds. Yes caps are great in randoms but there is often too much cruiser support in randoms to get in the cap early. 

I’m ranked I run down any dd in the cap. Akizukis and LoYangs claim they are better. I have a dedicated captain with SE, BFT, RDF, CE. I know where they are. My I either have more guns or they simply hit harder. I have a lot more HP than other dds. I tank he from dds blast them and hit the heal button. 

Outside of killing dds her offensive potential is limited with only one torp launcher and average torps. 

In a div in random she could use her concealment to spot and rip dds coming at your div. 

playing solo in random their are better dds. But I love the 4 fletchers so I say buy

[-TNT-]
Members
620 posts
7,986 battles

U.S.S. Kidd is a very flexible destroyer. I mainly use her to provide AA/smoke for the fleet.  This apply s assisting DDs contesting cap areas too. On the third Captain I'm working on a SE build.   

Fletcher AA.png

Fletcher RPF.png

[TRGT]
Members
124 posts
2,814 battles

So its a gunship, anti DD and an AA platform

It has 2 quad 40 amidship and 2 dual 40 fore and one aft 

What about the five 5inch/38cal, does WOW know about VT fuse? (variable timing)

Maybe its in the game.

For those who do not know, the VT fuse is the almost unknown weapon that won the war (along with RADAR) I think it came out of MIT

There is an actual radar equipped fuse that detonates when detecting a targer, in the first test a light cruiser used only 3 rounds to blow un a drone target

the test was supposed to last 3 days and was somewhat cut short.