Joe_918145

I think I'll End Exeter after Round 2

17 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
338 posts
15,591 battles

It's been fun, I've been pink once because of my torps, and I've gotten some free stuff along the way.  While 1,000 coal pieces would be nice, I'm thinking it's not worth missing out on sailing some other ships (non-UK) that I  like.  I also would need to play Edinburgh or buy back Fiji or Leander and I'm just not a UK cruiser guy.  If Round 4 could be completed in Co-op, I'd probably forge ahead with the grind.  Although I show up in Randoms from time to time, I really don't want to grind away there.

So I'm headed back to playing the game before Exeter took over my time playing WOWS.

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,197 posts
9,748 battles

Lost count of the number of campaigns and events over the past 3 years I've skipped, for one reason or another. Main overall reason, if I had to give one, is that when I do get the chance to play, I want to do what I enjoy and play the ships I enjoy, and not be dancing to WG's tune grinding out the campaign of the day. Sometimes, my interests align with the campaign, and I'll grind it out - other times, I'll just bloody ignore it.

Right now, my interests lie along the line of making sure I have some good firestarting cruisers and torp boat DD's ready to go, when those bloody Russian BB's make their appearance - and I'm normally a BB main..... that should tell you how I feel about Russian BB's so far....

• Cool 1

[PRIC]
Beta Testers
8 posts
4,177 battles

Not sure when Russian BBs are coming but looking forward to it. Torps will be their weakness I think and as for HE I believe after tier 6 they are immune due to stalin armour layout. 

I hope to free xp to tier 6 and see. 

[TBW]
Members
9,205 posts
16,109 battles

I just bought her so I wouldn't care, so now I am going for the doubloons anyway.

[CS7]
Members
2 posts
10,804 battles

I my self don't try for these mission either. But i am interested in the Exeter  and would like to try for it if in reach. So far 3 rd part now almost over how many more parts are there to go? Or is like the rest of the mission it is almost impossible to get, time wise Gl Happy Hunting. 

[WOLF9]
Members
4,308 posts

I bought mine, too- to spare myself the misery of yet another marathon grind.  (and because the bundle contains a huge fistful of all the flags I needed- and it was reasonably priced!)   Powered through the must use Exeter series of missions via 2 days of non stop spamming it, lol.

I saw the 30 plane kills opener task and said, LOL!!!  not happening.

It's actually a fun little bote.  Not a monster carry bote or anything- just fun to play:  Like the RN version of Yubari.   But for Halsey's sake don't try to brawl with it!!  It isn't any better armored than the RN CL's- it just has bigger guns with HE.

I haven't really played jack since.  Took an inspiration break for a day after The Great Spamming.  Since then, the games have been utter trash, and I've shut down early each day...   Not worth the aggravation of paltry 20k damage BB games- or incredible disappearing team games.   The desperate "I must have ALL the kills NAO!!!" types are still out there- and then there's the "What the?? Where did the team go??"  When you get the YOU are the last Hope!! 4 minutes into the game.

Or everyone's favorite:  The teams all cowering behind rocks, and all 8 bots are shooting at me!   Dead in less than a minute  blood pressure raisers.

Members
1,933 posts
8,575 battles

The number of DDs in co-op is through the roof. 3-4 in every match. The rest of us would like to play please, or do I need to take the rest of the month off?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,488 posts
19,614 battles
10 hours ago, Sakslan1 said:

I my self don't try for these mission either. But i am interested in the Exeter  and would like to try for it if in reach. So far 3 rd part now almost over how many more parts are there to go? Or is like the rest of the mission it is almost impossible to get, time wise Gl Happy Hunting. 

4 stages to it with 4 parts in each stage. The last stage (4) part 1 calls for 7 Achievements. IF you don't play Randoms you can't complete the event however so be advised of that. Also, you will only have 1 week to finish once stage 4 becomes active. All 4 stages and all the parts must be done by March 29.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/java-sea/

I have done everything (ie; stage 1-3) I can and farmed what flags, coal, etc... I can. I don't and won't play PVP for any reason least of all a mediocre T5 Cruiser so I can't finish it. This was a very poorly designed event. Supposed to be Co-op doable yet they set a 30 plane kill task for the very 1st one you have to do with no bot CV's (was still doable, obviously as I did it, but way harder than needed and encouraged foolish and suicidal game play) and then to start the final stage the 1st task is 100% impossible for Co-op as it has no achievements. 

The really sad part in all of this is I brought this all up after the details of the event came out on the forums. Pigeon_of_War from WG responded and admitted it was a mistake (he called it an "oversight") an that moving forward they would try and do better. They had time to fix the Stage 4/ Part 1 task as it was 3 weeks away at the time(it hadn't started so no one impacted if it was changed). They could have altered it in some way or just reinstated the 4 Goal Haul award for that week. Many ways to make it right if it truly was an "oversight". But in fine WG tradition they have let it stand. 

So was it really an oversight if they let it stand or was it really intentional?

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
16,255 posts
11,121 battles
9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So was it really an oversight if they let it stand or was it really intentional?

Maybe I'm hanging on to hope when there's none left to speak of, but the show's not over till the fat lady sings... and the fat lady doesn't sing until server reset on Friday morning. They've still got four full working days to backtrack and fix this screwup.

[PVE]
Members
10,488 posts
19,614 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Maybe I'm hanging on to hope when there's none left to speak of, but the show's not over till the fat lady sings... and the fat lady doesn't sing until server reset on Friday morning. They've still got four full working days to backtrack and fix this screwup.

Sorry she has sung. But maybe someday WG will give a darn and stop doing stuff like this...

[PTRGT]
Members
372 posts
38,622 battles

I think I'll be able to finish part 3 but to many ship missions that required heavy grinding lately and if I can't do it in Co-op I guess I won't be completing  it then.....

Members
1,933 posts
8,575 battles
On 3/16/2019 at 8:45 PM, truecanuck said:

Not sure when Russian BBs are coming but looking forward to it. Torps will be their weakness I think and as for HE I believe after tier 6 they are immune due to stalin armour layout. 

I hope to free xp to tier 6 and see. 

I was excited, but am now on the fence. I've heard their accuracy is being nerfed and the last thing I want to spend money on is a line of ships that can't hit anything. Dispersion takes a hit in co-op as it is, so anything that is inaccurate to start with becomes downright painful to hit with against bots... see Musashi. 

[P-V-E]
Members
1,382 posts

I'm still on stage 1 or part 1 with just 19 aircraft, I just seldom see them in coop bar at the start then they are 20km+ away.

but then I already have Exeter.

• Cool 1

Members
6 posts
9,574 battles

Well part 4 has kicked off and the 7 achievements is a real kick in the butt.  I thought WG might actually link the achievements to the co-op aspect of the game for this marathon, but no.  So, I've completed all of parts 1, 2 & 3 just to throw all that time away now, really disappointed.

Edited by mayday_x3

Alpha Tester
487 posts
12,456 battles
19 minutes ago, mayday_x3 said:

Well part has kicked off and the 7 achievements is a real kick in the butt.  I thought WG might actually link the achievements to the co-op aspect of the game for this marathon, but no.  So, I've completed all of parts 1, 2 & 3 just to throw all that time away now, really disappointed.

Getting used to being excluded. Don't really mind, saving money.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,308 posts
On 3/20/2019 at 1:57 PM, b101uk said:

I'm still on stage 1 or part 1 with just 19 aircraft, I just seldom see them in coop bar at the start then they are 20km+ away.

but then I already have Exeter.

This^^^   I have a few more plane kills,  but not close to finishing that task.

The Exeter bundle was worth the money, anyhow.  A fun ship- and a boatload of flags.

• Cool 1