Joe_918145

WG Please Stop Ending Co-Op Games too Quickly

23 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
340 posts
15,818 battles

I realize there was another post about this issue, but I need to rant about it some more.

I was just in a battle in my Furutaka where I was about to torp a DD (or vice versa) and there was a red BB about to uncover from around an island.  It was one of those exciting match ups where the adrenaline starts pumping and you can see a clear path to two good kills for the team.  I could see finishing off the DD with my port torps just in time to hammer the BB with the starboard ones.  I was going to play like a Unicom!

Then the Victory screen came up.

Anyone that plays co-op a lot has been penalized by the early end to a match, I've had my share as well.  But this last battle will be hard to forget.

End of rant.  

• Cool 9

[WOLF7]
Members
12,315 posts

Been complained about for years, but they refuse to recognize that bots don't have mercy, or need mercy.....:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[RLGN]
Members
12,686 posts
22,529 battles

About the only way to prevent it is to let the bot cap first or kill things so a sudden drubbing doesn’t drive their points to zero, (the ‘Mercy Rule.)

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,841 posts
10,152 battles
6 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

I realize there was another post about this issue, but I need to rant about it some more.

I was just in a battle in my Furutaka where I was about to torp a DD (or vice versa) and there was a red BB about to uncover from around an island.  It was one of those exciting match ups where the adrenaline starts pumping and you can see a clear path to two good kills for the team.  I could see finishing off the DD with my port torps just in time to hammer the BB with the starboard ones.  I was going to play like a Unicom!

Then the Victory screen came up.

Anyone that plays co-op a lot has been penalized by the early end to a match, I've had my share as well.  But this last battle will be hard to forget.

End of rant.  

Why don't they just have a battle mode in co-op were you play till everyone on the losing team is sunk or 15 mins is up since there's not that many ships . Then you can have a choice of standard or till the death co-op matches .

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,172 posts
13,352 battles
17 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

About the only way to prevent it is to let the bot cap first or kill things so a sudden drubbing doesn’t drive their points to zero, (the ‘Mercy Rule.)

This or accept that co-op matches are fast and bite the bullet and play random.

[RLGN]
Members
12,686 posts
22,529 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Except I’ve seen Randoms end just as fast for the same reason. One side dies so fast their points go to zero.

Members
1,933 posts
8,625 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah, that's not going to convince anyone. 

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,172 posts
13,352 battles
10 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Except I’ve seen Randoms end just as fast for the same reason. One side dies so fast their points go to zero.

True but it doesn't happen as often.

2 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Yeah, that's not going to convince anyone. 

I know that but those are the options we have. WG does not want different rules for co-op and random.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,178 posts
5,624 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

This or accept that co-op matches are fast and bite the bullet and play another Coop match.

Fixed for you. There you go, now that's proper. :Smile_Default::Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3

[IXM]
Members
867 posts
3,934 battles

It honestly is annoying for me as well. Some of these matches are literally 2-4 minutes. It makes me think that a lot of good players are playing co-op because randoms are pretty bad, or everyone is grinding the silly Exeter mission. Either way, I'd much rather have it so you have to kill all ships or time runs out.

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
946 posts
4,567 battles

The games may take longer once the bot CVs are in the game.  I know pre CV rework I had games where I just dodged torps and bombs the whole game.

But if they did want to add more bot ships, how about an extra bot group with one DD, CA and BB.  But to make the game longer, more interesting and perhaps give our CVs something to hunt and maybe kill, and not join the start rush, have this bot group be the bot equivalent of AFK where they spawn  until they  are first detected, by air or sea.

They could simulate the players that just hang out at the back of the map, oh right,  that is a random thing.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,577 posts
9,656 battles

Heart pumping in a co-op match, lol? I actively try not falling asleep at the keyboard co-op gets so repetitive. If it wasn't for the fact that this mode is the most convenient for completing combat missions I'd stay well clear of it.

Operations on the other hand are nice, and they don't end in 5 minutes.

[USCC]
Members
2,754 posts
12,006 battles
12 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

Heart pumping in a co-op match, lol? I actively try not falling asleep at the keyboard co-op gets so repetitive.

Well obviously for someone as awesome sauce as you, bots are hardly a challenge, why I bet every time you play PVE you can hardly hold back killing all 8!! 

Lucky for us pleb PVE mains you play so little PVE, otherwise you'd take all the kills and rake in all the damage.... unless of course you fall asleep. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,577 posts
9,656 battles
1 hour ago, SpudZero said:

Well obviously for someone as awesome sauce as you, bots are hardly a challenge, why I bet every time you play PVE you can hardly hold back killing all 8!! 

Lucky for us pleb PVE mains you play so little PVE, otherwise you'd take all the kills and rake in all the damage.... unless of course you fall asleep. :Smile_sceptic:

Good thing for you then, I suppose. Only thing challenging about co-op is trying not to die while yolo'ing in like a mad man, or at least killing 2-3 ships while your at it. 

• Boring 3

[PVE]
Members
464 posts
9,141 battles

how about you get to exit to port penalty-free when points hit 0. when the last remaining enemy ship is on the other side of the map I just want the game to end instead of being forced to sit around and wait

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,224 posts
4,602 battles
23 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

I need to rant about it some more.

[rant]

End of rant.  

.rant on

Excellent rant!  +1 Rant on! 

.rant off

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,577 posts
9,656 battles
5 hours ago, evanr1940 said:

how about you get to exit to port penalty-free when points hit 0. when the last remaining enemy ship is on the other side of the map I just want the game to end instead of being forced to sit around and wait

I like to tab out and surf the internet.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,224 posts
4,602 battles
6 hours ago, evanr1940 said:

That's not a bad idea.  I like it.

[STW-M]
Members
302 posts
8,731 battles

Somedays you just wanna grind those machines down a little extra just because they are unfeeling 4th class citizens, who don't even qualify to be in the back of the bus. Well, because they are the bus.....

Members
1,933 posts
8,625 battles
On 3/16/2019 at 6:54 PM, Vector03 said:

It honestly is annoying for me as well. Some of these matches are literally 2-4 minutes. It makes me think that a lot of good players are playing co-op because randoms are pretty bad, or everyone is grinding the silly Exeter mission. Either way, I'd much rather have it so you have to kill all ships or time runs out.

DDs have become excessively prevalent in co-op again, due to CVs in randoms and the Exeter missions. I've had to park my BBs and play cruisers or DDs myself if I want to get any rewards.

On the bright side, Wichita has really been shining lately. Good speed, excellent maneuverability, accurate hard hitting guns and consumables tailored for hunting DDs and cruisers.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
189 posts
2,195 battles
On 3/18/2019 at 2:07 PM, Gen_Saris said:

DDs have become excessively prevalent in co-op again, due to CVs in randoms and the Exeter missions. I've had to park my BBs and play cruisers or DDs myself if I want to get any rewards.

On the bright side, Wichita has really been shining lately. Good speed, excellent maneuverability, accurate hard hitting guns and consumables tailored for hunting DDs and cruisers.

This.  Way too many DD's spewing torpedos.  Whether player or bot.  Thus endeth games too fast.

Members
1,933 posts
8,625 battles
1 hour ago, Duma said:

This.  Way too many DD's spewing torpedos.  Whether player or bot.  Thus endeth games too fast.

Yes, something does need to be done about the brokenness of the DD class in co-op. The class can be fun to play without being so ridiculously OP. It is FAR too easy to sail right up to a bot BB and point blank torp them.