You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

air supply container bonus missions for ships

15 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
3,846 posts
11,605 battles

I forked over $15 for 5 containers & received 2 bonus missions, Duke of York & Vanguard. Yesterday I got the Edinburgh mission. I understand the Edinburgh is not much different than a Fiji and maybe even a little under-powered for T8. I checked LWM's reviews of the Vanguard & Duke of York. I would like to here what others think of these 2 ships.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,923 posts
7,591 battles

Got the Duke put of a mission. It's a turd. Good fire chance but bad guns for its tier. 356mm doesn't even pen 25mm armor,  which pretty much everything has at that point. Only has one consumable (repair), and has one less than the KGV. Free is free, and if you're going up the British BB line I guess it's an ok trainer, but getting the Nelson is a much better option in that situation. 

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
3,846 posts
11,605 battles

I have the Nelson. While I don't like the looks of the ship I do enjoy driving it. I was only planning to go up the UK cruiser line but I will now have 3 RN premium BB's, all because of the Exeter event.

Members
1,673 posts
10,176 battles
12 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Got the Duke put of a mission. It's a turd. Good fire chance but bad guns for its tier. 356mm doesn't even pen 25mm armor,  which pretty much everything has at that point. Only has one consumable (repair), and has one less than the KGV. Free is free, and if you're going up the British BB line I guess it's an ok trainer, but getting the Nelson is a much better option in that situation. 

It has both  Heals and hydro.(hydro is really meh, would rather have 1 more heal)  1 less heal, better AP angles, and slower reload are the main differences between it and the arguably OP KGV.  It's an ok boat, but it is clear which ship is superior. 

Vanguard, while i dont have it, is from what i seen a warspite at tier 8.  Don't show side, and you will be fine. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,119 posts
13,281 battles

Playing as a Maskarados I enjoyed the Vanguard. It has a better than normal BB repair but not the zombie/print-a-ship of the Nelson.

[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
646 posts

I have not seen a mission in any crates I have done all the missions to get air supply crates except the Ex ones, cuz im not buying any more ships.

[FORM]
Members
1,077 posts
8,972 battles
5 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I forked over $15 for 5 containers & received 2 bonus missions, Duke of York & Vanguard. Yesterday I got the Edinburgh mission. 

Geez, I seem to never have much luck. I put down $15 and hit for nothing. Same with the main crates, though i already had the Ed in my dock. She is a fun ship, flexible and squishy, but the RN repair power is just silly.

Members
4,034 posts
4,347 battles

An AA spec'ed Vanguard is a nightmare to hit in the Lexington. Faced one that could swat off both mine and a shokaku's planes all by themselves. 

[TDRB]
Members
3,846 posts
11,605 battles

Thanks guys. I favor the German cruisers. RN cruisers are much more squishier.

[TARK]
Members
548 posts
8 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I forked over $15 for 5 containers & received 2 bonus missions, Duke of York & Vanguard. Yesterday I got the Edinburgh mission. I understand the Edinburgh is not much different than a Fiji and maybe even a little under-powered for T8. I checked LWM's reviews of the Vanguard & Duke of York. I would like to here what others think of these 2 ships.

Those give ship missions?  Huh.

My dumbbutt forked over $45 for 15, and I've opened every regular one that is obtainable outside of the ones you get from the "I bought the Exeter with real money" missions.

I guess I have terrible luck?

[TDRB]
Members
3,846 posts
11,605 battles
1 minute ago, turdjelly said:

Those give ship missions?  Huh.

My dumbbutt forked over $45 for 15, and I've opened every regular one that is obtainable outside of the ones you get from the "I bought the Exeter with real money" missions.

I guess I have terrible luck?

Maybe I should have got a couple of Powerball tickets instead with the luck I had.

[WOLF5]
Members
754 posts
15,864 battles
10 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Duke of York is widely hated...I love the bote. It's got decent armor and hits hard and can wiggle a bit. It's not a bote I would want to play every game in, but I love it for two or three on occasions. 

[FBXGC]
Members
386 posts
2,773 battles

I FXP'd the Edin but that was because of my impatience. I have played it on a friends account and it is rad. Everything about the ship is amazing except the armor/citadel. The Gun DPS is awesome. The torps are good for tier. The detect is solid and so are the consumables. Only issue is that it is built out of citadels. Imagine a properly buffed, T8 Leander. Best of everything except survivability, but the absolute worst survivability.