You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Caine

How about a feel good post

10 comments in this topic

Members
114 posts
6,845 battles

I love WOWS but because I am disabled I am not really that good.  If you aren't that great Tier 8 makes you lose what enjoyment you were getting.

I loved RTS CV but I can't do the dog fighting part so after about 3.5K battles in CVs, CAs, DDs I moved on.  No big deal this is normal for me in video games.

It is so hard for me to find a PVP or a FPS that I can play.  Almost every single game has one mechanic that kills the game for me.

I loved Titanfall because it had the smart pistol which could cover for the problems with my hands.  I wasn't uber but I could at least play the game enjoyably.  Really hurt that it was removed from Titanfall 2.  I was so looking forward to another fun game.

Every so often I would come back and read the forums of WOT and WOWS to see what the status was for Artillery and CVs.  Artillery when it first came out was perfect for me but of course it had to be nerfed because players can't accept being killed by something they can't see (never hear about that in FPS games with sniper rifles so.........).

So when I saw the CV rework I read about it, came back about 2 months before it dropped.  Well we know how that went.  They got nerfed to the point I didn't find them enjoyable.  I can still play them, my disability isn't a problem, I just parked them.

I am pretty sure that they will be fixed in the future but I am not interested in touching them until they are closer to the initial rollout as opposed to where they are now (this isn't a CV buff/nerf post)

So now what?  I suck at Cruisers, I suck at DDs and I hate co-op and CVs aren't worth playing.  I know you are thinking 'what about BBs?'

When I first started I did what most people did and went straight for BBs and HATED IT!!!!!!  I need slower game play but that is just ridiculous.  My hands also make my first volley a bit of a surprise so the long reload kills me so I dropped them and never went back.

Out of boredom I was goofing around in my ARP Kongo that I don't remember how I got and I realized something.  When I first played BB I didn't have a clue how a match would evolve.  I was always going in the wrong direction, facing the wrong way etc.  Multiply that by the turn time of the boat and turrets and you can see why I hated it.  I spent 15 minutes of the 20 minute match waiting for my turrets to turn

But I know how a match evolves now.  Just because my hands can't make it happen doesn't mean my brain isn't aware what is going on.  So I figured I would give IJN and USN BBs a shot and here is where the feel good part comes in.

Now that I can be in the right position I found I can take a couple of seconds to line up my shots (really hard to explain why I can't do that in CA/DD).  My first shot wildness has calmed down.  The long reload isn't affecting me as it was before.

I finally found a class I can play.  I will probably be average but in my world that is super unicum. Imagine playing 4K games in this and suddenly being handed a class that you enjoy and excel at (relatively) after tearing your hair out trying not to be a potato.

I really hope they get their act together and fix CVs, its a fun class to play, but until then watch out for Caine in his BBs.

• Cool 14

[KRON]
[KRON]
Members
95 posts
3,017 battles

Well that's not good news, that's great news. 

Hope to see you in game. you might try some Ops too, Narai has great need to BBs and you can usually preturn the turrets.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,172 posts
13,352 battles

I am out of pluses so instead you get a salute. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,558 posts
19,837 battles

Glad you have found a way to enjoy the game. I have some vision and hand issues myself so I understand completely where you are coming from.

Enjoy the game anywhere you can any way you can. :Smile_honoring:

[RLGN]
Members
12,686 posts
22,529 battles

Awes.

(For me I could never wrap my mind around the alt/manual attacks, but was fine with the RTS carrier controls. Carriers being 100% manual attacks now has all but killed the class for me...)

[WOLF2]
Members
4,856 posts
17,722 battles

I think I can sympathize … 

I have terrible aim too (hi ping from my satellite dish/ISP) and every shot requires a ton of lead with low overall dmg = less than optimal

So, what I ended up playing mostly is stealth DDs favoring torps - I know this isn't the best time to suggest IJN lol, but you might like it

it can be a lot of fun and torps are easier to use if you know maps, where ships are going to be and enjoy some tactics

Stay Stealthy My Friend  XX

Edited by Commander_367

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,841 posts
10,152 battles

That's great news glad to hear you found something that makes you happy . Now the bad news get used to being called a lot of names unless your up close and personal in that BB . Don't even sail behind an island on your way some where or else or 6 ships will yell at you to stop camping being islands . Also memorize this line you will see it in chat at the end of every game you lose . "Our blankey blank BBs did nothing they lost the game for us"

Edited by clammboy

Members
114 posts
6,845 battles

Thank you everyone for the nice comments and the pluses and salutes

I'll tell you one thing, 4K matches in your opponents ships before starting your own class sure gives you insight into their tactics!!!!!

Sail safe everyone!!

[KEGEL]
Members
218 posts
9,911 battles

That's fantastic that OP has renewed their interest in the game when all but given up.

Had a similar 'refresh' after finishing all the BB & most of the CL/CA grinds. Disliked DDs till I discovered gunboat DDs specifically the Akizuki/Benson/Kidd/Lightening.

Just wanted to comment on arty (WoT) tho. The scumbag, err I mean Artillery class isn't so much hated because of being a hidden killer but more so an issue of playing a completely different game to everyone else. They use a completely different view & render range to tanks. Reinforce the very thing they're supposed to combat, camping. Arty doesn't require line-of-sight so couldn't be countered. Have a lot less HP than other classes thus robs you of damage/XP/credits when you finally catch one. Before the arty rework, getting one-shotted was about as much fun as getting detonated in WoWs except in WoT it was more frequent. Even if you survived a direct hit (pre-rework), your tank was so screwed due to loss of crew & modules that you were better off abandoning match back to garage.

Not saying Arty didn't require skill, just considered a troll class that made life miserable for everyone else. The proof of their 'trolliness' was the frequency of the following message appearing in game chat: artillery piece has drowned.

Armoured Warfare had an interesting way of balancing Arty however. Each time Arty fired the mini-map is pinged with general location of said Arty. If that Arty piece hadn't moved by the third shot, their location is drawn for friendly Arty to counter-battery fire. Also Arty had more utility in AW with smoke & illumination shells. Unfortunately the the Devs made some fairly catastrophic mis-steps, a side effect which saw Arta stripped from PvP games.

Apologies for the tangent, hope the OP enjoys the journey down the BB lines. My favs were definitely the German, French & American.