Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shenanigans_Abound

Is there an xp spreadsheet?

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

346
[90THG]
Members
539 posts
7,143 battles

Was just wondering if there an xp spreadsheet somewhere? 

I’ve always wondered (as many others have) how exactly xp is calculated for games. At times it seems the xp earned can be a little wonky at best. I’ve had games where I do great, get 200k plus with a few ships sunk and a couple of honorables and get what seems like nothing in terms of xp then I’ll turn around and have a horrible game where I’ll do maybe 70 or 80k dmg with zero kills and get more xp than the great game. 

Has wargaming ever released anything that indicates EXACTLY how it’s broken down? I’ve seen a lot of heresay about dmg does this and kills do that, awards give you this etc.. but never anything where WG has come out and said this is how we calculate everything. Maybe a lot of minds would be put at ease if something is put out there instead of leaving us guessing and scratching our heads. 

If something has been put out by WG (not user or secondary party) then I guess this post is pointless, just point me in the right direction so I can see it for myself. 😁

 

and I know people are going to say flags play a big part, so the above example was with the same ships, same flags, same camo, nothing changes and there is no ship bonus for the win 

And I’m not referring to base xp either. I’m referring to total ship xp because it can be all over the place to the point of confusion 

Edited by Shenanigans_Abound
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,381
[PVE]
Members
19,499 posts
11,847 battles
Just now, Shenanigans_Abound said:

Was just wondering if there an xp spreadsheet somewhere? 

I’ve always wondered (as many others have) how exactly xp is calculated for games. At times it seems the xp earned can be a little wonky at best. I’ve had games where I do great, get 200k plus with a few ships sunk and a couple of honorables and get what seems like nothing in terms of xp then I’ll turn around and have a horrible game where I’ll do maybe 70 or 80k dmg with zero kills and get more xp than the great game. 

Has wargsming ever released anything that indicates EXACTLY how it’s broken down? I’ve seen a lot of heresay about dmg does this and kills so that, awards give you this etc.. but never anything where WG has come out and said this is how we calculate everything. Maybe a lot of minds would be put at ease if something is put out there instead of leaving us guessing and scratching our heads. 

If something has been put out by WG (not user or secondary party) then I guess this post is pointless, just point me in the right direction so I can see it for myself. 😁

 

and I know people are going to say flags play a big part, so the above example was with the same ships, same flags, same camo, nothing changes and there is no ship bonus for the win 

And I’m not referring to base xp either. I’m referring to total ship xp because it can be all over the place to the point of concussion. 

No. There are no specifics on how much XP you earn for doing a particular thing. WG does not want to release that info. There are generalities, but that is all we have. LWM has a thread about XP, I'll go find it.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
346
[90THG]
Members
539 posts
7,143 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

No. There are no specifics on how much XP you earn for doing a particular thing. WG does not want to release that info. There are generalities, but that is all we have. LWM has a thread about XP, I'll go find it.

 

 

Why would wargaming not want that info out there? It’s not like the info could be exploited in any way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,381
[PVE]
Members
19,499 posts
11,847 battles

Here's one of her articles. I think there was another, but I can't find it.

 

I summon @LittleWhiteMouse or her High Priest @Lert to provide guidance for us fallible mortals. :Smile_hiding::Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Kizarvexis
A summoning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,233
[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,174 posts
4,602 battles
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

No. There are no specifics on how much XP you earn for doing a particular thing. WG does not want to release that info. There are generalities, but that is all we have. LWM has a thread about XP, I'll go find it.

The forum threads refer to an old WG document that describes how base experience is determined.  That and the thread contents have been updated and incorporated into the wiki.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Earning_Credits_and_Experience

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
982
[INTEL]
Members
1,593 posts
13,577 battles
26 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

Was just wondering if there an xp spreadsheet somewhere? 

I had to laugh when I read your post.

The concept of WG being totally open about something is on par with the Flat Earthers Society. Beyond the scope of rationality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
173
[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
635 posts
5,568 battles
51 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

I had to laugh when I read your post.

The concept of WG being totally open about something is on par with the Flat Earthers Society. Beyond the scope of rationality.

Wait... the world isn't..flat?! But that's not what my minimap shows? :)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,355
[ARGSY]
Members
16,310 posts
11,166 battles
19 minutes ago, Capn_Nugget said:

Wait... the world isn't..flat?! But that's not what my minimap shows? :)

There are many worlds, Grasshopper, and they are both flat and bounded. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,069 posts
9,027 battles
2 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

I had to laugh when I read your post.

The concept of WG being totally open about something is on par with the Flat Earthers Society. Beyond the scope of rationality.

But then no company with this type of game is going to release those details as it is their IP.  They do the same thing other companies do - not a shock or surprise at all but SOP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,943
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,294 posts
9,279 battles
4 hours ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

Was just wondering if there an xp spreadsheet somewhere?

No, there's no hard-fast XP spreadsheet.  We only have glimpses of some elements of it but we have not been told nearly enough to begin figuring out how XP scales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,381
[PVE]
Members
19,499 posts
11,847 battles
31 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

No, there's no hard-fast XP spreadsheet.  We only have glimpses of some elements of it but we have not been told nearly enough to begin figuring out how XP scales.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my summons. {bows profusely :Smile_teethhappy:

Was there another thread on XP that you wrote or was that the only one please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
321
[A-O]
Members
827 posts
8,896 battles
4 hours ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

Why would wargaming not want that info out there? It’s not like the info could be exploited in any way. 

Sure you could!

It would definitely have an effect on peoples play styles as many would play to maximize their personal XP haul, even if it meant to do something that is not in the interest of the 'team'.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,943
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,294 posts
9,279 battles
16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my summons. {bows profusely :Smile_teethhappy:

Was there another thread on XP that you wrote or was that the only one please?

That's it, I'm afraid.  Sub_Octavian promised me a follow up on tanking XP but he got busy and never followed through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,381
[PVE]
Members
19,499 posts
11,847 battles
30 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

That's it, I'm afraid.  Sub_Octavian promised me a follow up on tanking XP but he got busy and never followed through.

Good, I was afraid that I had just missed something, so glad to hear that it was not there to find. Since @iDuckman said that the old XP document has been added to the wiki, then we should be able to point people there for everything. I know iDuckman has been updating a LOT of the wiki for us all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,233
[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,174 posts
4,602 battles

Did the Armory/Arsenal today.  Not much new, but hopefully a better read.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×