Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

Why is Edinburgh/Baltimore Radar 10km?

10 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
15,543 posts
12,778 battles

I'm just curious, because I thought the whole point of nerfing radar range on Worcester (and Seattle in the process), was because that WG didn't want cruisers that could effectively open water stealth radar.

Then WG adds Wichita, which only gets 9km radar and cannot open water stealth radar.

Then WG drops the radar normalization patch, which brings up Edinburgh and Baltimore's radar to 10km.
And last I checked, those two get 9.0km and 9.7km concealment, respectively.

Baltimore, sure, I don't think it's radar is overly effective due to its DPM capabilities, however Edinburgh...

Now, I hear you on Edinburgh being squishy, but it's actually a lot tankier than Wichita and, while it doesn't have quite the levels of DPM as Nep/Mino, it can still dish out a good beating and also doesn't have a massive citadel that is easy to hit.

So, you know, if WG wanted to be thorough about its radar, they should either give Wichita 10km radar, or revert Edinburgh back to 9km radar. It was still pretty effective with 9km radar too, I might add. Way better than T8 New Orleans was.

Members
689 posts
5,687 battles

Your priorities are severely wrong if you're worried about Baltimore and Edinburgh as stealth radar cruisers

Both of them you can take the first shot and then turn away and start kiting in basically every dd.

[SKDSH]
Members
446 posts
8,626 battles

How often do you honestly see an Edinburgh running radar in random battles? I virtually always use smoke. Unless its a competitive mode like ranked divs or clan battles, the smoke will almost always give a RN CA player more value for their consumable slot.

[RED]
[RED]
Members
261 posts
11,787 battles
1 minute ago, admiralsexybeast said:

How often do you honestly see an Edinburgh running radar in random battles? I virtually always use smoke. Unless its a competitive mode like ranked divs or clan battles, the smoke will almost always give a RN CA player more value for their consumable slot.

Actually my Edin, I always run radar and use DD smoke in early cap contest

[SKDSH]
Members
446 posts
8,626 battles
1 minute ago, custer_14 said:

You're part of a rare breed then my friend! ;) Some people do, but its not something you see on a very consistent basis, not me anyway.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,103 posts
56 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

Me three... she's a beast if you forget about smoke. Great boat for fun... actually, in the RN tech tree line, my favorite by a smidge.

[AAA]
Members
1,024 posts
11,096 battles

I ground the Ed with radar. Suprissed dds in caps a lot. Got to know when to push and when to retreat

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
11,119 posts
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

Why is Edinburgh/Baltimore Radar 10km?

They "normalized" most radars to 10 km. The Missouri is 9.5 km though.

Edited by Snargfargle

[-K-]
Alpha Tester
453 posts
11,908 battles
6 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

Now, I hear you on Edinburgh being squishy, but it's actually a lot tankier than Wichita

No it isn't.

Beta Testers
188 posts
86 battles

The Baltimore's one is a nice bonus for an otherwise miserable ship in tier 10 games. It allows you to at least bring something to the table before you get demolished by everything at tier 10.

As for Edinburgh, you're forced to pick between radar and smoke. However, without that smoke, Edinburgh is almost as squishy as the destroyer. Assuming the DD has some backup, a Edinburgh in open water firing at a DD (Especially at near 10 km) could be sunk before the DD is.

Sign in to follow this