Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
S7CentNickel

crowns after event

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

18
[WOLF9]
Members
245 posts
6,403 battles

What is the compensation for crowns after the event?  I've looked all over the website but cannot find it?  Looks like I will have a bunch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
975
[WOLFC]
Members
2,356 posts
13,424 battles

@S7CentNickel snapped from one of the articles at the start, don't remember which one:

crowns.jpg

florins.jpg

Edited by DocWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
[A_51]
Members
955 posts
40 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

@S7CentNickel snapped from one of the articles at the start, don't remember which one:

crowns.jpg

 

Once again, WG screws up a public announcement.  Crowns can also be exchanged for doubloons, which is what I intend to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[H-WS]
Members
355 posts
5,738 battles
1 minute ago, Seaneroo said:

Once again, WG screws up a public announcement.  Crowns can also be exchanged for doubloons, which is what I intend to do.

No, they mean you can spend doubloons to get some crowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,394
[PVE]
Members
19,518 posts
11,877 battles
2 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Once again, WG screws up a public announcement.  Crowns can also be exchanged for doubloons, which is what I intend to do.

Sorry, but they can not. You can trade doubloons for Crowns, but not the reverse.

 

Ninja'd

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,795
-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles
3 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Once again, WG screws up a public announcement.  Crowns can also be exchanged for doubloons, which is what I intend to do.

Hopefully we were clear in the article, you can purchase these for Doubloons but you cannot exchange in return for Doubloons. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,394
[PVE]
Members
19,518 posts
11,877 battles
1 minute ago, Radar_X said:

Hopefully we were clear in the article, you can purchase these for Doubloons but you cannot exchange in return for Doubloons. 

You were clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
33 posts
7,001 battles

So does anyone know if this is the last weekend fly strike win that gives out crowns and florins ? When will the dailies stop giving crowns and florins anyone know ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,028 posts
10,188 battles
26 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Once again, WG screws up a public announcement.  Crowns can also be exchanged for doubloons, which is what I intend to do.

Incorrect, crowns can be purchased with dubz, they cannot be converted into them.

 

So...good luck with that, I guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,359
[ARGSY]
Members
16,335 posts
11,208 battles
12 minutes ago, sheppard12 said:

So does anyone know if this is the last weekend fly strike win that gives out crowns and florins ? When will the dailies stop giving crowns and florins anyone know ? 

At the same time as the event does. Assuming this is the last FSW stage, Tuesday is the last day to get Crowns and Florins from the dailies just as it will be the last day to complete directive tasks (before the new server day starts early Wednesday morning). After that, we have a week in which Crowns may be exchanged into Florins, and at the end of that week they are automatically converted. So if you are going to grab a carrier bundle, get it before the Crowns convert or you are S.O.O.L.

IIRC the Florins then remain for another patch so you can have time to decide on what to spend them on in the Arsenal. Then they get converted to credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
[A_51]
Members
955 posts
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Sorry, but they can not. You can trade doubloons for Crowns, but not the reverse.

 

Ninja'd

Crap.  I should have read more carefully.  I guess it was my wishful thinking at work.  My apologies to the hard working folks at WG.

Edited by Seaneroo
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,394
[PVE]
Members
19,518 posts
11,877 battles
1 hour ago, sheppard12 said:

So does anyone know if this is the last weekend fly strike win that gives out crowns and florins ? When will the dailies stop giving crowns and florins anyone know ? 

Yes, only the first three Stages give Crowns and Florins.

G6vA5gU.jpg

^^See last sentence^^^

 

So you have until very early morning Wed, Mar 20th to get Crowns and Florins. During Stage 4, Mar 20th to early morning Mar 27th, you will be able to convert Crowns to Florins at the rate of 1:8.  You will need to buy any UK CV bundles by Mar 27th as that is when 8.2 is scheduled and when the full UK CV line is to drop. Update 8.2 will also convert all existing Crowns to Florins. When update 8.3 hits, scheduled for Apr 24th, all Florins, even those in boxes, will be converted to credits at the rate of 1:4,000. Until 8.3 drops you can spend Florins on this stuff.

91YkAKG.jpg

Note, Doubloons to Crowns and Crowns to Florins ends with update 8.2 which is scheduled for Mar 27th as all Crowns will be converted to Florins.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[SEC_8]
[SEC_8]
Members
130 posts
21,382 battles

So, if I calculate correctly the way to get the tier-8 Implacable CV is to covert your current crowns after the 20th and before the 27th, adding that to your current florins total and hoping you have 2,500+, then purchasing 3 sets of the 50 crowns for 2,000 doubloons each for the 150 crowns which should be enough to get the ship... @Radar_X or, will any crowns purchased in shop between the 20th and the 27th be immediately converted to florins?

I guess WG wants us not only to deplete our FXP via the Alaska, but our doubloons for the Implacable.

BTW, 3x2000 doubloons is about $24 US... for a free ship... hmmm....

Edited by Petrishnikov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,394
[PVE]
Members
19,518 posts
11,877 battles
1 hour ago, Petrishnikov said:

So, if I calculate correctly the way to get the tier-8 Implacable CV is to covert your current crowns after the 20th and before the 27th, adding that to your current florins total and hoping you have 2,500+, then purchasing 3 sets of the 50 crowns for 2,000 doubloons each for the 150 crowns which should be enough to get the ship... @Radar_X or, will any crowns purchased in shop between the 20th and the 27th be immediately converted to florins?

I guess WG wants us not only to deplete our FXP via the Alaska, but our doubloons for the Implacable.

BTW, 3x2000 doubloons is about $24 US... for a free ship... hmmm....

 

Well, if you completed every Directive and every Daily Chain, you will be just under 1400 Florins short (just under 1100 short if you bought Exeter and complete it's mission) and that is including converting the 60 extra Crowns. So you will either need to buy 14 Air Supply boxes or buy two boxes and convert 6,000 doubloons. So you can not get the T8 Implacable without spending money. But you can be GUARANTEED to get the T4 and T6 CVs, instead of just hoping for a rare drop (unlike past early access events), by completing most of the Directives and Daily Chains. You also get other stuff besides the CVs that will drop in the full UK CV line if 8.2 drops on Mar 27th as scheduled.

 

If you buy enough Florins to get the T8, you get the ship, fully researched (212k-257k XP)  and purchased (19-22.5M credits) T8 Implacable, a 10pt Cmdr, a port slot,  4,000 coal, 7 days WoWs premium time, 7 ea of all the Draconic flags and 25 ea of 2/3 of the Combat Flags. If that is not worth the money to you, then don't spend the money.

 

You can still get the T6 Furious for free, plus the stuff below, and then you are only ~158k FXP away from the T8. This is a win/win for everyone.

 

OYEKo7w.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
544
[WOLF1]
Members
2,849 posts
On 3/16/2019 at 10:10 AM, DocWalker said:

@S7CentNickel snapped from one of the articles at the start, don't remember which one:

crowns.jpg

florins.jpg

when will this convert happen? 4/1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,394
[PVE]
Members
19,518 posts
11,877 battles
4 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

when will this convert happen? 4/1?

Stage 4 starts early morning Mar 20th and that is when you can convert Crowns to Florins manually in the Arsenal/Armory. It also ends free Florins and Crowns from Directives and Daily Chains.

Update 8.2 is scheduled for Mar 27th and all Crowns will be converted to Florins. The early access UK CV bundles will be removed as the full UK CV line drops.

Update 8.3 which is scheduled for Apr 24th, all Florins, including those in unopened containers, will be converted to credits. The FSW section of the Arsenal/Armory will be removed, so there will no longer be anything to spend them on anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
544
[WOLF1]
Members
2,849 posts
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Stage 4 starts early morning Mar 20th and that is when you can convert Crowns to Florins manually in the Arsenal/Armory. It also ends free Florins and Crowns from Directives and Daily Chains.

Update 8.2 is scheduled for Mar 27th and all Crowns will be converted to Florins. The early access UK CV bundles will be removed as the full UK CV line drops.

Update 8.3 which is scheduled for Apr 24th, all Florins, including those in unopened containers, will be converted to credits. The FSW section of the Arsenal/Armory will be removed, so there will no longer be anything to spend them on anyways.

i remember you can buy the UK carriers before 4/1 (mouse over in game), if crowns are gone, how can we buy the carriers?

Edited by Happy668

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,394
[PVE]
Members
19,518 posts
11,877 battles
20 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

i remember you can buy the UK carriers before 4/1 (mouse over in game), if crowns are gone, how can we buy the carriers?

Not sure about that as in 8.2, scheduled for Mar 27th, the full UK CV line drops and I would expect the early access UK CVs to go by the wayside, since Crowns are being converted to Florins. Apr 1st is a Monday, so it's not like that would be a delayed release date for 8.2.

 

@iKami, @Femennenly any insights on why in game it says Apr 1st, but 8.2 is currently scheduled (as far as we know) for Mar 27th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,359
[ARGSY]
Members
16,335 posts
11,208 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

If you buy enough Florins to get the T8, you get the ship, fully researched (212k-257k XP)  and purchased (19-22.5M credits) T8 Implacable, a 10pt Cmdr, a port slot,  4,000 coal, 7 days WoWs premium time, 7 ea of all the Draconic flags and 25 ea of 2/3 of the Combat Flags. 

Not to mention all the camos and/or Draconic flags plus collection pieces (or their cash duplicates if you already completed it at 15K creds a shot) and chances at premium ships that come along with the Florins you buy the containers to get.

I've never been more tempted. The things which dissuade me are:

1) The nature of the guaranteed content - I value draconic flags over camo, and I don't like the odds of ending up with the things I don't want.

2) It's a tech tree ship; the money it would cost me to do this is better set aside for a premium ship and/or for renewing or extending my Warships premium time at the next big 50% off sale.

3) If I got this thing and played it now, the level of skill I would bring to Tier 8 carrier battles would make an epileptic snail on valium look like Femennenly on her best days by comparison. I NEED to grind her out from the Furious (and I need to grind out the Furious's XP cost on the Hermes first) or I will be the most hated player in the game. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,394
[PVE]
Members
19,518 posts
11,877 battles
52 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Not to mention all the camos and/or Draconic flags plus collection pieces (or their cash duplicates if you already completed it at 15K creds a shot) and chances at premium ships that come along with the Florins you buy the containers to get.

I've never been more tempted. The things which dissuade me are:

1) The nature of the guaranteed content - I value draconic flags over camo, and I don't like the odds of ending up with the things I don't want.

2) It's a tech tree ship; the money it would cost me to do this is better set aside for a premium ship and/or for renewing or extending my Warships premium time at the next big 50% off sale.

3) If I got this thing and played it now, the level of skill I would bring to Tier 8 carrier battles would make an epileptic snail on valium look like Femennenly on her best days by comparison. I NEED to grind her out from the Furious (and I need to grind out the Furious's XP cost on the Hermes first) or I will be the most hated player in the game. :Smile_trollface:

I went for some premium AS crates as I needed some Draconic flags and I don't mind the UK camo. Plus, I liked the extra stuff from the T8 bundle and not having to spend the XP and credits to get the UK line to T8 along with Shokaku and Lexington.

 

I'm focused on grinding Cmdrs this year, so CVs will pretty much stay in co-op as I'm not very good at them. Better with the new ones than the old, tho. I won't play them very often since I'm focused on grinding the various 19pt Cmdrs I want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,359
[ARGSY]
Members
16,335 posts
11,208 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Plus, I liked the extra stuff from the T8 bundle and not having to spend the XP and credits to get the UK line to T8 along with Shokaku and Lexington.

True, I guess if you are already at T8 on the other lines then accelerating your progression in the new one makes sense. To each their own. 

As for 19 pointers, I know when I started the game and when I made my first and second; it will be interesting to see exactly how long it takes to get the third. (For the record: on or about August 26 2017, August 13 2018, March 1 2019).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,394
[PVE]
Members
19,518 posts
11,877 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

True, I guess if you are already at T8 on the other lines then accelerating your progression in the new one makes sense. To each their own. 

As for 19 pointers, I know when I started the game and when I made my first and second; it will be interesting to see exactly how long it takes to get the third. (For the record: on or about August 26 2017, August 13 2018, March 1 2019).

I'm keeping track in the 2019 Goals thread. I'm working on my fourth one now. I keep getting distracted by events tho.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
142 posts
8,437 battles
11 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

 So you can not get the T8 Implacable without spending money

 

 

Well, if one has enough doubloons, then one could purchase crowns (2k for 50) and then convert them, thus obtaining Implacable without having to spend actual money on extra crates.  Haven’t bothered to check yet if it’s “cheaper” to buy the crates or spend the $$ as I don’t generally buy doubloons so don’t know the exchange rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×