You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_RC1138

HMS Implacable Initial Impressions

42 comments in this topic

[5BS]
Members
5,681 posts

So I broke down and got a few containers as it became clear that I wouldn't get enough Flourines to get the Implacable and the cost of what I needed given the size of the Bundle (especially w/ the 10 point commander) made it sorta worth it.

After testing it in CoOp just to get a rough idea I did 2 matches in Random and I have to say this is the most comfortable T8 CV I've yet played. Other than Kaga, this is the only T8 I'd be comfortable using in the current CV balance as the planes feel, even against TX ships, like TX planes; the extra health really helps.

Also, the bombers finally became useful (Furious is very disappointing as she basically only has Torp planes for practical purposes), and frankly might actually be my favorite bombers yet as 16 bombs over a tight vertical channel and more maneuvering than dive bombers makes for some major fires. But with two bombers per run you finally feel able to get real strikes and I was getting single runs that were comparable to decent Midway Dive bombing runs.

The torps are fun too, I think most players are not yet aware of the insta-loop back and re-drop that RN CV's are capable of so they are easier to take advantage of.

I still cannot make the RN Attack aircraft work; all the rockets seem to fly high, which makes no sense since they are basically hit-scan, but they seem to have tendency to disperse in the upper part of the ellipsis which is annoying against maneuvering DD's who don't want to cooperate.

Her armor is trolly; in my first match I deliberately drew fire (who can resist a CV?) and her 38mm and 76 mm mid-ships deck had even the CA's firing at me confused. She also seems to turn faster/tighter than the other T8's which means she can be used semi-offensively to draw fire from the front line. Her AA is crap though, so be wary of concerted attacks.

I am looking forward to the Audacious when it comes out.

f4qECMq.jpgNgtg71c.jpg

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 4

[NG-NL]
Members
5,342 posts
8,985 battles

I'll probably be grinding on Furious, though prospect of being uptiered leaves sour taste in my mouth.

[WOLFC]
Members
582 posts
1,626 battles

Man where are you guys getting the crowns? I have more than enough florins because i bought x40 air supply, but after buying bundle 1 and 2 i only have 96 crowns right now. I have been playing and completing the directives.

Members
1,140 posts

I bet you didn't make much cash in coop, unless you were lucky and the game was drawn-out.

in coop I have only made a profit 3 times with it, simply as the games don't last long enough, even with economy flags, premium time and the permanent camo from the collection.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,885 posts
43 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Man where are you guys getting the crowns? I have more than enough florins because i bought x40 air supply, but after buying bundle 1 and 2 i only have 96 crowns right now. I have been playing and completing the directives.

I bought 3 of the 15 and one of the lower containers.

I have 26 extra crowns.

I'm short 160 florins, which I should get tomorrow. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,885 posts

Check dev blog section, they are making a few changes to her.

Overall,  should be good changes.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
393 posts
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

If you did all the directives and all the daily missions that have been available since the beginning, you should end up with a surplus of crowns, which can be traded in for florins when this set of FSW missions are over, at a ratio of 1 crown for 8 florins. 

The crowns are not the limiting factor from the free resources, the florins are.  I am doing it a little differently, in that I bought some crates and I bought some crowns that I will exchange.  That said, I have done every possible FSW mission and every daily.  If I subtract the crowns I bought, leaving just the ones I got for free, I would be at 166 right now.

If you haven't been doing all possible daily missions, you might end up needing to buy some crowns in the arsenal.  You will have to do the math on how many dailies are left and how many you plan on completing.  There are 20 crowns left in the FSW event, if you are up to date on it as of right now.

[RLGN]
Members
9,442 posts
18,870 battles
4 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

(Furious is very disappointing as she basically only has Torp planes for practical purposes),

Did you upgrade Furious planes to the Sea Hurricanes and Barracudas? It's not entirely obvious that's an option, (my laptop's screen restricted to port UI and I didn't realize immediately that doing so was an option, when I finally scrolled down the modules viewer I was like; GASP! SHOCK!

BIG difference with the Hurris and 'cuddas.

4 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

I think we're on the third FSW directive? When I finish it, plus all the daily awards for crowns, I've had/will have, enough for all three carriers, (not that I'll even play Implacable in Randoms,) the florins came from other awards and a 20 pack of containers, meaning I'll not need to do any converting.

[DPG]
Members
1,117 posts
5,444 battles
5 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

They probably picked up 50 for 2000 doubloons.  

[5BS]
Members
5,681 posts
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Did you upgrade Furious planes to the Sea Hurricanes and Barracudas? It's not entirely obvious that's an option, (my laptop's screen restricted to port UI and I didn't realize immediately that doing so was an option, when I finally scrolled down the modules viewer I was like; GASP! SHOCK!

No, I've only been playing this game for 3 years and am totally unawares that ships have various upgrade modules...

7 hours ago, b101uk said:

I bet you didn't make much cash in coop, unless you were lucky and the game was drawn-out. 

I only used CoOp to check the dispersion of the bombs, rate of turn on the planes, aiming cones, ect. And silver does not concern me.

8 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

Crowns are not the problem, it's florins. I got more than enough Crowns.

4 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

BIG difference with the Hurris and 'cuddas.

Not enough. The rockets still seem to all land high/wide. And the single bomber per run is the problem, not the frame of the aircraft. Overall the Furious feels inferior to both the Ranger and Ryujo. Implacable on the other hand feels like it's in the top Three T8 CV's, behind Kaga for sure thanks to its bottomless plane capacity.

2 hours ago, Amenhir said:

They probably picked up 50 for 2000 doubloons.  

I didn't. Even after getting Implacable I still have 102 sitting in inventory. Crowns were never the issue.

[OBS]
Beta Testers
97 posts
2,112 battles

My only issue with implacable is her bombers... 

They do bounce and miss too often even if you line up perfectly.

I had a few bomb runs on BB with 6 out of 8 hits bounced. 

Another time. It all bounce and caused no damages. 

This happens mostly on higher tier bb

[RLGN]
Members
9,442 posts
18,870 battles
36 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

No, I've only been playing this game for 3 years and am totally unawares that ships have various upgrade modules...

Snark aside...

Same here, but like I said, how my laptop squeezes the port UI elements together still caught me out.

Sounded like you were hatin’ on Furious as well. My doing that as well was part of the reason I didn’t notice right away.

Seriously, WG can take this rework and and go to Hell with it as far as I’m concerned; I also think Furious is an ugly junk heap unworthy of being called a carrier, but even with that; the plane upgrades still seemed to make a big difference.

• Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
3,043 posts
4,848 battles

She seemed to be working pretty well for you last night. I thought about picking up some crates to unlock her, but I figure that for the same price I can get the premium UK CV, whenever that releases.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
772 posts
7,370 battles
9 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

I also bought bundles 1 and 2 and have 138 crowns left ... I've also completed all FSW directives but I'm sure I missed a few of them available in the dailies.

Members
1,140 posts
3 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

I only used CoOp to check the dispersion of the bombs, rate of turn on the planes, aiming cones, ect. And silver does not concern me.

I though that would be the case (initial testing that is).

I was more commenting on the "economy" aspect was somewhat broken for it on coop even with everything that boosts the economic gains within reason (economy flags, permanent camo, WoWs premium time), i.e. there are no tier or type of ship that generates comparative financial loss from coop wins while doing >30k damage with economy flags, permanent camo and WoWs premium time, and I was more wandering if you had seen the same in coop, as there are not many others to ask if they had seen the same.

[LEGIT]
Members
702 posts
7,070 battles

Implacable is the most playable CV among all current T8.. Her planes have decent health that can withstand AA much longer then other nation CVs. Thus enabling to do more DMG. But play wrong and youll get deplaned fast.

[WOLFC]
Members
582 posts
1,626 battles
2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

I also bought bundles 1 and 2 and have 138 crowns left ... I've also completed all FSW directives but I'm sure I missed a few of them available in the dailies.

Is there 1 more directive left? I just saw i have 139 crowns left. I can get the 150 if there is 1 more left. 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
393 posts
6 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Is there 1 more directive left? I just saw i have 139 crowns left. I can get the 150 if there is 1 more left. 

The current directive is the last directive. Keep in mind the dailies though, they also give some crowns.

[WOLFB]
Members
748 posts
24,452 battles

In a few days you can convert florins from crowns!!! (4th week of 8.1)

(I think thats the 22nd and only for 4 days before 8.2 drops)

Edited by fbrrhd

[-VT-]
Members
376 posts
7,355 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The current directive is the last directive. Keep in mind the dailies though, they also give some crowns.

6 crowns and 60 florins per day doing the dailies.

[-VT-]
Members
376 posts
7,355 battles
4 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I have about 90k co on my t6. How much xp d

Do you think I will need to get the t8?

Probably around 160kish, more or less

[SOV]
Members
1,452 posts
Just now, DemonGod3 said:

Probably around 160kish, more or less

Cool thanks.

I seem to remember it was 330 to get Hak that sound right.

[FTH]
Members
728 posts
12,418 battles
12 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Check dev blog section, they are making a few changes to her.

Overall,  should be good changes.

The changes are just to Furious, not Implacable.