You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
whiteshark_us

suspect server numbers

11 comments in this topic

Members
30 posts

sitting in port on the NA server been watching the server numbers go from 13,300 to 6400 in about a second then back up to same 13,000 then back down etc etc etc. Looks to me someone fudging server numbers and got ooops caught

• Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
10,786 posts
8 minutes ago, whiteshark_us said:

sitting in port on the NA server been watching the server numbers go from 13,300 to 6400 in about a second then back up to same 13,000 then back down etc etc etc. Looks to me someone fudging server numbers and got ooops caught

They are having a bunch of database related issues lately....

• Cool 2

[BNKR]
Members
1,051 posts
1,004 battles
8 minutes ago, whiteshark_us said:

A conspiracy is always the most logical reason for strange happenings. Occam's Bathrobe suggests that the most convoluted and circular reasoning is usually correct.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[PSP]
Members
8,038 posts

Just use your head. Tier X wait times right now are almost nil, even when playing a CV. This would suggest to me that there are thousands on the server, at least. 

[PSP]
Members
8,038 posts
3 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

A conspiracy is always the most logical reason for strange happenings. Occam's Bathrobe suggests that the most convoluted and circular reasoning is usually correct.

Rube Goldberg's Law:

There is always a simpler and more efficient way to do something but what's the fun in that?

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,302 posts
6,443 battles
49 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Rube Goldberg's Law:

There is always a simpler and more efficient way to do something but what's the fun in that?

:Smile_veryhappy::cap_like:

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,595 posts
20,174 battles

“I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself”

― Winston S. Churchill

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,829 posts
2 hours ago, whiteshark_us said:

Maybe there was something interesting on TV. 

Perhaps there was a wide area network outage that disconnected and reconnected -- ruining a whole bunch of games in the process.

Some of those folks are already in battle, and some have the game running in the background while they are making dinner or paying bills, etc.

I find it amazing they can gather up so many people when I hit the Battle button.

[RKLES]
Members
8,369 posts
10,641 battles
3 hours ago, whiteshark_us said:

Could also be that crash bug kicking in since it can often disconnect your game, which means you would temporarily be out of the server count. That’s the odd nature of servers is they are not always 100% functional or non functional, they can be any percentage between 0-100% on functionality scale. So you could easily have 7,000 players crash then immediately log back in.