You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Schnitchelkid01_

My First Tier X

28 comments in this topic

[-TD-]
Members
388 posts

So guys I have been following World of Warships for a number of years. I never had to opportunity to play the game due to my computer not being that fast. I sat there and watched other play Tier X and all I could do was watch. Well that all changed last May. I started playing World of Warships and I instantly knew which Tier X I wanted first. The Grosser Kurfurst! I started the impossible grind. From the Hermilin to the Dresden, then on and on until finally a ship I enjoyed playing (The Gneisenau). Then i moved on and got the mighty Bismarck (still my favorite). By this time I was tired of grinding and i went on and grinded some other lines including Russian Cruisers, German Cruisers and German DD's. I enjoyed the Bismarck and buffed it all i could and then it was on to the Fat Freddy. I actually enjoyed the Fat Freddy but I knew the Great Prize lay just ahead... Well after all of that I finally reached the pinnacle of all of the German Battleships. I am so excited I made it here. Well it looks like my next grind is going to be the Moskva but for now i can take a break!

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,521 posts
4,011 battles

Congrats! :Smile_great:

I'm kind of in a same boat as you, but not for the same reason. Anyhow, I'm also aiming for the Great Kurryfirst, as my first Tier X (and probably my only Tier X), and am currently at the Freddie's derpy Grocery. It's a slow grind for me, but I like the ship, and am looking very much forward to the big Kurry, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 1

[ABCD3]
Members
132 posts
4,853 battles

congrats!

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,595 posts
20,174 battles

Gratz

[HELLS]
Members
1,866 posts
18,149 battles

Never mind the potato comments! Congrats! The 1st one is always sweetest. I potatoed my way to Montana, Worcester, Des Moines, Gearing, Conqueror, Daring, and Minotaur (my first T10). Next I want Audacious and Yamato.

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016
  • Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
8,038 posts
1 hour ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

The Grosser Kurfurst! 

Congrats! That's a ship I don't have yet. I'm really looking forward to it though as I love to brawl.

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
463 posts

Congrats! She was my first ever tier 10 as well!

Secondary build with IFHE is DEFINITELY recommended.

[LHG]
Members
1,911 posts
5,425 battles
1 hour ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

So guys I have been following World of Warships for a number of years. I never had to opportunity to play the game due to my computer not being that fast. I sat there and watched other play Tier X and all I could do was watch. Well that all changed last May. I started playing World of Warships and I instantly knew which Tier X I wanted first. The Grosser Kurfurst! I started the impossible grind. From the Hermilin to the Dresden, then on and on until finally a ship I enjoyed playing (The Gneisenau). Then i moved on and got the mighty Bismarck (still my favorite). By this time I was tired of grinding and i went on and grinded some other lines including Russian Cruisers, German Cruisers and German DD's. I enjoyed the Bismarck and buffed it all i could and then it was on to the Fat Freddy. I actually enjoyed the Fat Freddy but I knew the Great Prize lay just ahead... Well after all of that I finally reached the pinnacle of all of the German Battleships. I am so excited I made it here. Well it looks like my next grind is going to be the Moskva but for now i can take a break!

That's GREAT news!!!! :Smile_medal:

Congratulations are very much in order.  My first (and only) T10 was the Des Moines and it was a great feeling getting her into my port.  I still haven't graduated from the FDG (though she did awesome for me in Ranked) but I do have the Grosser in sight as my second T10. 

Once again. great job!!  May your enemies sail in straight lines broadside to your guns!!!!

[O_O]
Members
4,843 posts
10,659 battles
12 hours ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

[hidden]

Like we used to say when I was in the Navy:

Whiskey Tango actual Foxtrot, over?

You appear to have socialization issues.  You should work on that.

[CUTE]
Members
259 posts
13,585 battles
2 hours ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

Moskva can be pretty difficult to play in that mistakes you make are severely punishing.  It has a huge citadel that sits above water and is almost the entire ships length.  Congrats on the Kurfurst.  It is fantastic for a T10.

[VVV]
Members
390 posts
2,382 battles

Great job! I recently got my first Tier X as well, the Des Moines.

My stash of coins is still trying to recover from that.

Congratulations, and fair seas and following winds!

[FTH]
Members
728 posts
12,418 battles

Congrats, she's a fun ship...I wound up finally throwing about 150k FXP at freddy, so my hats off to you being able to actually grind through that one.

[FAGA]
Members
302 posts
3,502 battles
11 hours ago, Total_Failure said:

[hidden]

out of thumbs up so ... THUMBS UP.

Some people do not realize that if we where to remove everyone they think of as a potato then they themselves will be the Potato.

No matter how good you are there are likely a few guys (and gals) out there who will have you for breakfast :-)

[WOLFC]
Members
582 posts
1,626 battles

I joined September of last year and have the Moskva and just got the Henry today. Now im wondering what line to grind next. German dispersion just pisses me off (why i stopped playing their BBs when i hit T7). Thinking on doing IJN BBs.