You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

CV > DD? No: DD > CV, Carefree DD no Fear the CV!

93 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
8,038 posts

I only shot down one plane because the CV could never find me in my Gearing with its 2.6 km detection for planes. Our Tier VIII DD also didn't have many issues in a CV game. We both solo capped, fighting off the other team's DDs to do so, and played normally as DDs.

image.thumb.png.79cd74aa00e847f5b4ccee5502e9a238.png

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Is it this time of the week yet ? :Smile_hiding:

It sure is!

[PSP]
Members
8,038 posts

Just saying that I've sunk twice as many CVs with my Gearing as CVs have sank me. Most of the times I was sunk in my Midway it was a DD that sank me too. I really don't see what DDs are still complaining about, at least at high tiers. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Just saying that I've sunk twice as many CVs with my Gearing as CVs have sank me. Most of the times I was sunk in my Midway it was a DD that sank me too. I really don't see what DDs are still complaining about, at least at high tiers. 

They need to git gud...The Kami has shown me also how to play as a near no AA DD that relies on concealment with 2 carriers and still do fine. All the poor DD hype are lies!

[RLGN]
Members
9,442 posts
18,870 battles
2 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

They need to git gud...The Kami has shown me also how to play as a near no AA DD that relies on concealment with 2 carriers and still do fine. All the poor DD hype are lies!

Something like that.

All the complaints at all tiers about poor helpless destroyers getting bullied by carrier always made me ???

I never seemed to have trouble with being permaspotted or continually getting harassed by carriers...

...but then I played both...

...so yeah.

• Cool 2

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Something like that.

All the complaints at all tiers about poor helpless destroyers getting bullied by carrier always made me ???

I never seemed to have trouble with being permaspotted or continually getting harassed by carriers...

...but then I played both...

...so yeah.

Yes exactly. Players need to play both to really know the truth.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
755 posts
4,615 battles

You could take away the CV damage completely and they'd still break the game.  A non-CV game has a certain flow.  A CV game is chaos.   200mph spotting ninjas do that to a game that is designed around ships that go 30-40mph tops.  

It's just a completely broken class.  Yes, WWII had carriers but they don't belong in this game.  Put them in their own mode or take them out altogether.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 8

[PSP]
Members
8,038 posts
12 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

You could take away the CV damage completely and they'd still break the game.  A non-CV game has a certain flow.  A CV game is chaos.   200mph spotting ninjas do that to a game that is designed around ships that go 30-40mph tops.  

It's just a completely broken class.  Yes, WWII had carriers but they don't belong in this game.  Put them in their own mode or take them out altogether.

I've said this before but it's worth repeating. Remove CVs and then the DDs will complain that the radar and hydro are too good. Remove radar and hydro and then the BBs will complain that the DDs are too good. Remove DDs and then the cruisers will complain that the BBs are too good. Remove BBs and then the cruisers will complain about each other.

If you want to play where everything is perfectly balanced then play only at tier 1. Tell me how interesting that remains after a hundred or so matches.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[R-F]
Members
1,001 posts
7,076 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Tell me how interesting that remains after a hundred or so matches.

I dunno, this guy seems to enjoy it.

t1.thumb.png.f173445adbc6d3d5f5be6a74a8e5db66.png

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
5 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I dunno, this guy seems to enjoy it.

t1.thumb.png.f173445adbc6d3d5f5be6a74a8e5db66.png

Probably doesn't have the mental capacity to go past tier 1.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
755 posts
4,615 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I've said this before but it's worth repeating. Remove CVs and then the DDs will complain that the radar and hydro are too good. Remove radar and hydro and then the BBs will complain that the DDs are too good. Remove DDs and then the cruisers will complain that the BBs are too good. Remove BBs and then the cruisers will complain about each other.

If you want to play where everything is perfectly balanced then play only at tier 1. Tell me how interesting that remains after a hundred or so matches.

It's a rock paper scissors class based competitive combat game with ships as skins.   DD-CA-BB.  Each one designed with the other in mind.  CVs are just a mini game on top of that.  If they didn't break the game, maybe you could get away with it.  But they do.  The fundamentally break the game.  You can try to pretend that hydro or radar is like flying around the battlefield in your disposable drone ships at 200mph.  But, you're only fooling yourself.  

CVs have never fit.  They nerfed them down to nothing and they still don't fit.  Because they fundamentally break the game.  Ships move at 30 knots and have a limited health pool they expend while spotting.  Planes fly 5 times that speed and you sacrifice a little DPS rather than HP to spot the entire map at will.  Completely and totally game breaking.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
30 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

Many people on the forums haven't played from day one of the CV rework. I think if everyone experienced carriers in the game from when they began playing there might not be so much animosity towards them. I guess such is the way though with the dynamic of an ever changing game. I for one welcome changes. Keeps it fresh. Keeps you learning.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
755 posts
4,615 battles
Just now, Sumseaman said:

Many people on the forums haven't played from day one of the CV rework. I think if everyone experienced carriers in the game from when they began playing there might not be so much animosity towards them. I guess such is the way though with the dynamic of an ever changing game. I for one welcome changes. Keeps it fresh. Keeps you learning.

Yeah but they break the game so I don't really need to try them out to know that.  

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
Just now, CommodoreKang said:

Yeah but they break the game so I don't really need to try them out to know that.  

But....we fought together when I was in a carrier.....your sailors were on the deck cheering the pilots as the aircraft roared over.....they waved....did this mean nothing?

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
449 posts
5,113 battles
11 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Probably doesn't have the mental capacity to go past tier 1.

If you have more than 250 games, Tier 1 randoms  aren't sheep shearing events. You're either good or sunk. Any other low tier you're likely to be the guy carrying the club.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
755 posts
4,615 battles
Just now, Sumseaman said:

But....we fought together when I was in a carrier.....your sailors were on the deck cheering the pilots as the aircraft roared over.....they waved....did this mean nothing?

You did well but that match was still a cluster.  Since the friendly CV can't counter the enemy CV anymore,  the other team's CV was doing some good work ruining our fellow team mate's match.  Think of your team mates and what it means to them when you bring a CV to the random Q.  Kidding ofc, it's obvious that's not a concern.  :P

• Bad 1

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
449 posts
5,113 battles
11 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

And I really didn't need to try out destroyers to know they're pedo (edited)

And I didn't need to try out battleships to know they are J hugging [edited].

Learning how to play all the ships is the first step in countering their shenanigans 

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
755 posts
4,615 battles
1 minute ago, cavscout1739 said:

And I really didn't need to try out destroyers to know they're pedo (edited)

And I didn't need to try out battleships to know they are J hugging [edited].

Learning how to play all the ships is the first step in countering their shenanigans 

Git gud, amirite?

You can't counter a CV.  You have to kill them to counter them and that can take awhile especially if they are cowardly.

[PSP]
Members
8,038 posts
13 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

CVs fundamentally break the game. 

I think that you need to look up the definition of "fundamentally." If the game was fundamentally "broken" by CVs then nobody would have played it as CVs have been present since the Beta.

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
449 posts
5,113 battles
Just now, CommodoreKang said:

Git gud, amirite?

You can't counter a CV.  You have to kill them to counter them and that can take awhile especially if they are cowardly.

I agree getting eyes on the carrier is the best way to counter them. A carrier that is zigging out of artillery shots isn't flying planes- but there are several ways to counter them

Turn off AA or smoke up. Bait planes into AA. Team up with several ships for coverage. Play with the attacking planes to generate a miss. Get into a point blank scuffle in the middle of an enemy formation. Don't lone wolf.

im sure I'm missing a few more.

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
11 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

You did well but that match was still a cluster.  Since the friendly CV can't counter the enemy CV anymore,  the other team's CV was doing some good work ruining our fellow team mate's match.  Think of your team mates and what it means to them when you bring a CV to the random Q.  Kidding ofc, it's obvious that's not a concern.  :P

Well I certainly try to drop the fighters where they need to be. It gives all that bristling AA armament on cruisers something to do too. You are a top DM player. You know that you're more the counter than any other ship.

Sorry about the overly dramatic description too. Trying to be amusing! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Sumseaman

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
755 posts
4,615 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

I think that you need to look up the definition of "fundamentally." If the game was fundamentally "broken" by CVs then nobody would have played it as CVs have been present since the Beta.

CVs have fundamentally broken the game from the very, very beginning.  It was worse in some ways in the RTS mode but at least your CV could sometimes counter the enemy CV.  Now you can't even do that.  So both teams get to suffer every time they get in a CV game.  

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
515 posts
6,276 battles

I was in a dd and a cv lead to my demise in the first five minutes just now. Spotted me, dropped bombs on me, hit me with rockets, and helped his team batter me up. I'm glad you go hunting for cv's, but that is just not my style. I'd much rather not see them. Or at the very least, see wg revert the cv rework. I'd rather run the risk of getting deleted in the beginning knowing that the cv can run out of planes than get deleted in the beginning and know that there is a "cool down" period for planes..