You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Video - Furutaka, what a ship

8 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,429 posts
17,993 battles

How I :Smile_playing: you.

This is a random battle in playing the tier 5 Furutaka on the Straits map. This ship gives tier 6 ships headaches once it gets fully researched. This was a blast to play. The 8 inch guns make the difference with this ship. Fun to play and have in your port.

I would have never guess it was an AA ship. We need to buff the fighters for this ship. :Smile_teethhappy:

Furutaka_20190315.jpg

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,429 posts
17,993 battles
On 3/20/2019 at 9:10 PM, Captain_Rawhide said:

Where you using an aiming mod?  Which one?  I would rather not run this as an AA ship.  

No, dynamic sites. You could use the Modstation ones if you like.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,887 posts
4,191 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 6:17 PM, Tpaktop2_1 said:

How I :Smile_playing: you.

This is a random battle in playing the tier 5 Furutaka on the Straits map. This ship gives tier 6 ships headaches once it gets fully researched. This was a blast to play. The 8 inch guns make the difference with this ship. Fun to play and have in your port.

I would have never guess it was an AA ship. We need to buff the fighters for this ship. :Smile_teethhappy:

Nice job.  I do think you'd have done a bit better if you'd used AP against the broadsiding BBs a bit more.  I know that from 8km the Furutaka can citadel a New York and that GC is significantly easier to citadel than that.

[CVA16]
Members
4,442 posts
13,793 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 4:17 PM, Tpaktop2_1 said:

This ship gives tier 6 ships headaches once it gets fully researched.

One of the qualms I had about moving on to the Aoba. The fully upgraded FurryTaco is almost as good as the Aoba and it does not have to face T8s. Some might say the better torp angles might still give the edge to the Taco.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,429 posts
17,993 battles
18 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Nice job.  I do think you'd have done a bit better if you'd used AP against the broadsiding BBs a bit more.  I know that from 8km the Furutaka can citadel a New York and that GC is significantly easier to citadel than that.

True. However, I think I had a "fire" requirement with the Exeter mission. Besides burning BBs just freaks them out. :Smile_playing:

17 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

One of the qualms I had about moving on to the Aoba. The fully upgraded FurryTaco is almost as good as the Aoba and it does not have to face T8s. Some might say the better torp angles might still give the edge to the Taco.

As always, You have to know the limits with your ship. The flank citadels kills this ship. I like it when the MM favors the Furutaka.

Members
35 posts
2,587 battles

Not gonna lie...the way you use your scroll wheel to zoom is super frustrating to watch. @_@  Good shooting, though, and an awesome game.