Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joe_918145

XP for Naval Battles

5 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
338 posts
15,591 battles

I was having trouble figuring out how WG was counting XP in the Naval Battles contest since the XP on the results screen did not match the XP on the Naval Battles chart for me.  I finally found the matching number in the 'Without Premium' column (I usually play with a premium account).

The calculated XP is base XP not counting the premium modifier or any flags that are mounted to compound XP.   Also, I was rammed by a teammate in one of the battles and the negative for the ramming that I received was not deducted.  So I suppose if you shoot or torp a teammate it won't count against you.  :)

I'm just one of the slow guys in the cheap seats so hopefully if anyone else is confused like me you won't need to waste your time figuring out XP.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,923 posts
7,591 battles

It's so trivial to get the required XP if you have even a semi-active clan that I'm not sure anyone has paid much attention. Our clan isn't super active but we have hit the goal by the end of Monday each time. 

But to answer your question, we'd probably need incremental screenshots or else wait until the next round Monday 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
338 posts
15,591 battles
48 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

It's so trivial to get the required XP if you have even a semi-active clan that I'm not sure anyone has paid much attention. Our clan isn't super active but we have hit the goal by the end of Monday each time. 

But to answer your question, we'd probably need incremental screenshots or else wait until the next round Monday 

What you are referring to is the preparation phase.  The engagement phase happens on the weekend and that is where you have a chance win a whole lot of oil.  Click on Naval Battle and check it out.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,923 posts
7,591 battles
25 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

What you are referring to is the preparation phase.  The engagement phase happens on the weekend and that is where you have a chance win a whole lot of oil.  Click on Naval Battle and check it out.

I've done it every week. I thought you were referring to the preparation phase as that is the only one where XP varies with flags or otherwise.  Base XP is and has always been without premium or modifiers (except the 50% xp bonus for a win), and is what appears on the battle results screen, and is what is required for stars. I assumed that after 7k battles most people know that. 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
338 posts
15,591 battles

Hey Douglas, I said in my original post I was one of the slow guys in the cheap seats.  Another 7,000 battles and maybe I'll know something else.  :)

Sign in to follow this