You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Please stop the yolo'ing/banzai charges for torp hits that makes others pink!

104 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
1,866 posts
6,204 battles

I will take blame and own it when I am reckless but man there is a lot of stupid going on out there and innocent folks are getting tagged pink.

Then take responsibility for your torpedoes hitting a friendly instead of trying to blame the person you hit. The policy is "your ordnance, your fault". This eliminates any possibility of innocent folks from being tagged pink for friendly fire.

• Bad 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,887 posts
12,189 battles

There's no such thing as an innocent pinky.

• Bad 1

Members
2,575 posts
3,565 battles
16 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Then take responsibility for your torpedoes hitting a friendly instead of trying to blame the person you hit. The policy is "your ordnance, your fault". This eliminates any possibility of innocent folks from being tagged pink for friendly fire.

Someone deliberately blocking your torps with their own ship, in order to ensure that their own torps hit instead because they're grinding a mission, does not fall under the category of "your torps, your fault".

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,887 posts
12,189 battles

shouldnt fire torps that can possibly hit others.  So yes, your torps, your fault.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
2,680 posts
19,792 battles

lol yea coop is a hot torp mess atm.

Members
54 posts
3 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I took two torps from a team mate today who then down voted me for not getting out of the way.  

I don't blame them, people are constantly in the way and its annoying. Last game I had I was capping D, someone left C on purpose to cut in front of me, so obviously their going to get torped and yet Im pink for it. They should have stayed at their cap and let me do my job at mine. Things like this are annoying.  And even though its a only a game, its there to be enjoyed, so this is not enjoyment.

Everyone gets a warning on screen when theres torps nearby but if you choose to ignore that, then its not the player's fault who sent them, but your own.

Edited by CrusaderQueen
  • Bad 1

[TDRB]
Members
1,866 posts
6,204 battles
1 hour ago, Harathan said:

Someone deliberately blocking your torps with their own ship, in order to ensure that their own torps hit instead because they're grinding a mission, does not fall under the category of "your torps, your fault".

The game is played by WG's policies, not your version of what is or isn't fair. Your ordnance, your fault is how it is.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[TDRB]
Members
1,866 posts
6,204 battles
4 minutes ago, CrusaderQueen said:

I don't blame them, people are constantly in the way and its annoying. Last game I had I was capping D, someone left C on purpose to cut in front of me, so obviously their going to get torped and yet Im pink for it. They should have stayed at their cap and let me do my job at mine. Things like this are annoying.  And even though its a only a game, its there to be enjoyed, so this is not enjoyment.

Everyone gets a warning on screen when theres torps nearby but if you choose to ignore that, then its not the player's fault who sent them, but your own.

If your pink then it is your fault. It is that simple. You may not like it but again if your pink it is your fault.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,887 posts
12,189 battles

completely agree.  YOu shouldnt fire if someone CAN blunder into the way.  Nobody has an obligation to dodge "friendly" fire.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
83 posts
9,273 battles

It's been a long time since I've hit a friendly with torps.  I will not launch if there is the slightest chance that a friendly could reach them.  I'm usually out front, so it's not really an issue.  But, I don't take that risky shot near a friendly (even in coop).

[NG-NL]
Members
5,342 posts
8,985 battles
5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Come on folks I know the mission is torp hits and that Co-op is where to do it but stop playing like crazy people to do it.

Stop cutting in front of other people to try and beat them to the torp chances, or cutting right in on them if they are in smoke from behind, and thus running into their torps. I have gone pink 2 X's today, and seen more people go pink through no fault of their own than ever, because someone cut in front of my/their torps to get their own off. I swear people are purposely doing it to block the torps so theirs hit and they don't care it makes others pink.

Even had a guy, who I warned THREE TIMES (F9 while clicking his ship and chat) torps were out when he turned back from where he was going (was safe when I launched) and went directly in their path tell me oh well it's only 2 games you will live when I asked WHY??? after he got hit. 

I try very hard to be careful with torps but how do you avoid people that purposely will cut in front of you to try and kill steal, or in this case torp steal? Had one game with 5 of the 8 pink today too. It's out of control. I just quit playing because the 2nd pink of the day happened (guy cut in front of me in smoke from behind just as I had launched torps). :Smile_facepalm:

I will take blame and own it when I am reckless but man there is a lot of stupid going on out there and innocent folks are getting tagged pink.

Wow lol that is definitely funny as heck to watch.

Feel you though, it's irritating to be pink over stupidity. When I was doing the torp hits, made darned sure I had the red group to myself before firing.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,885 posts
5 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Think you didn't know the fine print of the mission, you need to do it in with RN DD or cruiser.

Just noticed that...

Should still be easy to do, but you have to have patience. 

Members
50 posts

Honestly I think they shouldn't issue missions that one class is going to do better at, today it seems as if allies are just as dangerous as the enemy. I've dodged more friendly torps today than I've had shot at me by the enemy.

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
725 posts

set :bot: on fire.

:bot: instantly DCs

wait 30 seconds

set :bot: on fire again

5 seconds later :bot: hit by 600 torpedoes.

sigh.

repeat.

Members
1,140 posts
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

The game is played by WG's policies, not your version of what is or isn't fair. Your ordnance, your fault is how it is.

it only works the way it dose because of laziness on WG part.

it is not really that hard at the moment of launch to find which ships have intersecting paths with the torpedo path vs. diverging paths.

if the paths are diverging at the moment of launch and there is no turn being commenced then you wont collide, and the ONLY way to collide is then if someone didn't LOOK before commencing a turn into the pre-existing path of something that cannot manoeuvre and is clearly shown, which is like turning to cross a railway line without looking each way down the tracks and blaming the train for being there when it hits you because YOU didn't look. 

[S-N-D]
Members
2,067 posts
6,134 battles

Must be rough living up to all those rules others have created for you. Myself, I don't worry about it. I don't intentionally TK people and try to limit my unsafe drops but I'm not going to spend an unreasonable amount of time calculating whether Cletus is going to plow into the danger zone. Torpedoes have the right away and should you disagree with that then by all means hit the torpedoes and see whether you come out the winner or they did. The chances of it occurring enough times to send you to coop is almost nil and even if it did it's a game of coop. If it's an obvious kill steal and block attempt I fire them regardless. 

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Bad 2

[ARGSY]
Members
8,111 posts
5,524 battles

I haven't had a TK problem; what I had in one game was people taking stupid risks to get as many torp hits as possible in one game that only got them killed really quickly. The crowning glory was dumping my Gallant's entire torp complement at a bot ship only for some jerk to kill it just before they hit. He got reported, as did the idiot who threw his cruiser away for nothing and lost us a dead-easy co-op game.

[WOLFC]
Members
376 posts
5,123 battles
43 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I haven't had a TK problem; what I had in one game was people taking stupid risks to get as many torp hits as possible in one game that only got them killed really quickly.

Uh...a huge part of normal co op play is this behaviour.   And its accepted.

This doesn't suddenly change when missions demand co - op grinding  & the daily mission gives you what you need to get a CV - just makes it more pointed.

I spent most of yesterday trying to get floods & fires  & defending flags in co-op.   Will do  much the same today.  That's the current grind for 4K of doubloons - oh well.

Edited by Anonymous50

[ARGSY]
Members
8,111 posts
5,524 battles
8 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Uh...a huge part of normal co op play is this behaviour.   

No, this went over and above the usual co-op recklessness.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,542 posts
6 hours ago, b101uk said:

it is not really that hard at the moment of launch to find which ships have intersecting paths with the torpedo path vs. diverging paths.

if the paths are diverging at the moment of launch and there is no turn being commenced then you wont collide, and the ONLY way to collide is then if someone didn't LOOK before commencing a turn into the pre-existing path of something that cannot manoeuvre and is clearly shown, which is like turning to cross a railway line without looking each way down the tracks and blaming the train for being there when it hits you because YOU didn't look. 

Yep friendly torps are spotted from the moment they are launched for a reason.  

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,146 posts
8,002 battles

Just torp the ************, pink be damned.  You need those torp hits don't you?

[DPG]
Members
1,117 posts
5,444 battles

Had a friendly Mino earlier fighting to get kills and holding fire until they could get the kill shot.  Too bad it's tier 5-8.

[TDRB]
Members
1,866 posts
6,204 battles

That is your very bias opinion, not a fact.

I check for enemy torpedoes, not friendly fire, because of the policies of the game. Those who do not play within those rules & regulations are the ones causing the problems.

Trains have the right of way by law. Your torpedoes do not.