You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Please stop the yolo'ing/banzai charges for torp hits that makes others pink!

104 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
12,499 battles

Come on folks I know the mission is torp hits and that Co-op is where to do it but stop playing like crazy people to do it.

Stop cutting in front of other people to try and beat them to the torp chances, or cutting right in on them if they are in smoke from behind, and thus running into their torps. I have gone pink 2 X's today, and seen more people go pink through no fault of their own than ever, because someone cut in front of my/their torps to get their own off. I swear people are purposely doing it to block the torps so theirs hit and they don't care it makes others pink.

Even had a guy, who I warned THREE TIMES (F9 while clicking his ship and chat) torps were out when he turned back from where he was going (was safe when I launched) and went directly in their path tell me oh well it's only 2 games you will live when I asked WHY??? after he got hit. 

I try very hard to be careful with torps but how do you avoid people that purposely will cut in front of you to try and kill steal, or in this case torp steal? Had one game with 5 of the 8 pink today too. It's out of control. I just quit playing because the 2nd pink of the day happened (guy cut in front of me in smoke from behind just as I had launched torps). :Smile_facepalm:

I will take blame and own it when I am reckless but man there is a lot of stupid going on out there and innocent folks are getting tagged pink.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 13
  • Bad 4

Members
2,575 posts
3,565 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Come on folks I know the mission is torp kills and that Co-op is where to do it but stop playing like crazy people to do it.

Stop cutting in front of other people to try and beat them to the kills, or cutting right in on them if they are in smoke from behind, and thus running into their torps. I have gone pink 2 X's today, and seen more people go pink through no fault of their own than ever, because someone cut in front of my/their torps to get their own off. I swear people are purposely doing it to block the torps so their hit and they don't care it makes others pink.

Even had a guy, who I warned THREE TIMES (F9 while clicking his ship and chat) torps were out when he turned back from where he was going (was safe when I launched) and went directly in their path tell me oh well it's only 2 games you will live when I asked WHY??? after he got hit. 

I try very hard to be careful with torps but how do you avoid people that purposely will cut in front of you to try and kill steal, or in this case torp steal? Had one game with 5 of the 8 pink today too. It's out of control. I just quit playing because the 2nd pink of the day happened (guy cut in front of me in smoke from behind just as I had launched torps). :Smile_facepalm:

I will take blame and own it when I am reckless but man there is a lot of stupid going on out there and innocent folks are getting tagged pink.

You may not believe it, but I sympathise. No matter what I have to grind, torps or fires or whatever, I do it playing normally in Random because while I may not agree with your Co-op only stance I'm certainly not going to come over there and spoil it for the sake of some arbitrary numbers.

If it's causing this much of a problem, maybe it's time WG rethinks some of their mission criteria.

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
12,499 battles
5 minutes ago, Harathan said:

You may not believe it, but I sympathise. No matter what I have to grind, torps or fires or whatever, I do it playing normally in Random because while I may not agree with your Co-op only stance I'm certainly not going to come over there and spoil it for the sake of some arbitrary numbers.

If it's causing this much of a problem, maybe it's time WG rethinks some of their mission criteria.

It isn't normally this bad. I have never seen it like this. People have lost their ever loving minds. :Smile_facepalm:

Oh well, it's just a game I guess. Still sucks. Glad Co-op is included just wish people would be slightly less crazy. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
12,499 battles
2 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

torps.thumb.jpg.bf68febd0539ce54cdf14eaeef205e0f.jpg

Jk:

As said I own it when I am reckless/make a bad decision but what do you do when someone going one way (away from where you are torping) suddenly does a 180 and runs back right in front of your spread ignoring your repeated warnings in chat that torps are coming? How do you avoid someone coming from behind you and cutting right in front of you just as you launch?

I am as careful as I know how to be. I almost never go pink. I am seeing people who clearly are purposely cutting in front of torps to block them so theirs will hit instead. It's absolutely crazy out there right now with this torp hit thing. I have never seen people act so crazy and run into torps purposely like this before.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
772 posts
7,370 battles
20 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

How do you avoid someone coming from behind you and cutting right in front of you just as you launch?

You don't, Admiral, unless you sacrifice your play for other's irresponsible actions ... and on top of that, the bots will torp YOU from behind! :Smile-angry:

The game becomes more of a video arcade every day it seems.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,885 posts
48 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Come on folks I know the mission is torp hits and that Co-op is where to do it but stop playing like crazy people to do it.

Stop cutting in front of other people to try and beat them to the torp chances, or cutting right in on them if they are in smoke from behind, and thus running into their torps. I have gone pink 2 X's today, and seen more people go pink through no fault of their own than ever, because someone cut in front of my/their torps to get their own off. I swear people are purposely doing it to block the torps so theirs hit and they don't care it makes others pink.

It's a real easy mission to do safely.

Take a Haragumo or Kitty.

At start hit torp reload booster and speed boost.

Go to nearest cap or center of map.

Once spotted, smoke up and delete DD.

Wait for cruisers or battleships to charge your smoke....

Do a drive by.

Your torp reload booster will be off of cooldown, so you can torp 2 ships.

Easily done in 1 match

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,595 posts
20,174 battles
3 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Do a drive by.

Easily done in 1 match

Think you didn't know the fine print of the mission, you need to do it in with RN DD or cruiser.

• Funny 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
500 posts
14,957 battles
7 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Do a drive by.

Easily done in 1 match

That works for the Fly, Strike, Win missions, but the current Exeter's Last Stand mission requires 20 torp hits with an RN DD,CL, or BB tier 6-8.

Edit:  Ninja'd by @Erebthoron (at least on the second point.)

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Cool 1

[REEF]
[REEF]
Beta Testers
691 posts
8,652 battles

3 Rules to not go pink!

1.  NEVER, EVER fire torps with a friendly ship in front of you that could get hit.

2.  IF you are going to launch torps with friendly ships in front, warn them BEFORE you fire the torps.

3.  When in doubt, see rule 1.

Even when I follow my rules, sometimes stuff happens and boom you go pink!

Sometimes when I'm in a deadly duel with an enemy ship I completely ignore what's going on behind me.  I guess it's like Buck fever!  It's during these times that I will be the one turning into your torps!  Why, all I'm focused on is killing the ship I'm in a duel with and I assume all torp warnings coming from behind me are from friendlies, no danger, so I'm fine, until I'm not.  I mean, STUFF HAPPENS, it's not intentional, at least mine isn't!  :Smile_playing:

• Angry 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,429 posts
53 minutes ago, Harathan said:

I agree.

It is as annoying as when you play in a DD, as a team in Co-Op, and a BB goes straight into the kill zone (especially if they have torps). Why? Because they can, they have enough HP to do so.

They don't care who they get in front of, or whose line of fire they block. Unfortunately you will always get players like this, whatever ship type, mainly seeing each game from a viewpoint of only what they can achieve.

• Cool 1

[CHBK]
Members
398 posts
2,311 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

How do you avoid someone coming from behind you and cutting right in front of you just as you launch?

Situational awareness.  A simple glance around your ship should tell you if there is a possibility of that, if there is, dont launch until you know what the guy is doing.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

Members
1,140 posts

you should think yourself lucky, I am still on the very first mission at 18 of 30 aircraft, I just don't see them after initially launch them at the start in coop in >90% of games. 

[CHBK]
Members
398 posts
2,311 battles
13 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I agree.

It is as annoying as when you play in a DD, as a team in Co-Op, and a BB goes straight into the kill zone (especially if they have torps). Why? Because they can, they have enough HP to do so.

They don't care who they get in front of, or whose line of fire they block. Unfortunately you will always get players like this, whatever ship type, mainly seeing each game from a viewpoint of only what they can achieve.

Thats co-op for you.  You practically have to make an effort to lose a game, so everybody is suffering from main character syndrome.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,542 posts

I see this kind of play a lot, and totally agree on how irritating it is.    Not just torps- they do it to gunbotes, too.   "Screw you, pal- I'M getting this kill!"

They definitely need to look at how they design mission requirements.  This last batch- fly strike win- esp has completely borked up Co-op for a lot of people and ships.  People just play incredibly stupid- and desperate- to rush through missions as quick as possible.  "Who cares?? It's just Co-op..."   "Um, the folks who regularly play here do- because you've screwed up the meta, and often cost us credits and consumables."

[PQUOD]
Members
1,076 posts
7,701 battles

Average getting torped from behind at least once a week as of late. Don't really think that much about anymore. They go pink I go boom, or down to double digit hp and relegated to just trying to keep a wave from taking me out. Just play on to the next game.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[CK5]
Members
879 posts
7,683 battles

I took two torps from a team mate today who then down voted me for not getting out of the way.  

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Oh damn, I feel for the coop players when the PvP idiots flow into it for mission completion.

Are you happy WG? Next time just say 'Get X amount of base XP in X ships tiers X-X'. Don't you learn from previous marathons?

• Bad 1

Members
4,709 posts
7,114 battles
8 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I took two torps from a team mate today who then down voted me for not getting out of the way.  

There are definitively more careless players out there today shooting torps than when I joined this game way back when it appeared.  

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,887 posts
12,189 battles

*shrug* people want to get through them as fast as possible.  Fighting to GET the torpedo hits is just going to make people reckless.  I personally, am going to shoot first and ask questions later trying to get the hits.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,887 posts
12,189 battles
59 minutes ago, FlashTX1 said:

3 Rules to not go pink!

1.  NEVER, EVER fire torps with a friendly ship in front of you that could get hit.

2.  IF you are going to launch torps with friendly ships in front, warn them BEFORE you fire the torps.

Sometimes when I'm in a deadly duel with an enemy ship I completely ignore what's going on behind me.  I guess it's like Buck fever!  It's during these times that I will be the one turning into your torps!  Why, all I'm focused on is killing the ship I'm in a duel with and I assume all torp warnings coming from behind me are from friendlies, no danger, so I'm fine, until I'm not.  I mean, STUFF HAPPENS, it's not intentional, at least mine isn't!  :Smile_playing:

I'd rather be pink than miss out on torp hits on the missions.

• Bad 7

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
12,499 battles
1 hour ago, FlashTX1 said:

3 Rules to not go pink!

1. The ship I hit the 1st time was running away from the bots and going to my right (bots sort of left) when I torped. I looked before launching to see if anyone was behind or heading towards them as they were about 8-9km off (group all bunched up). No one was so it was clear.  I can't forsee the future and know someone would make such a drastic change. I kept looking as I usually do on a long launch to see how it looks and also to warn anyone who changes their course after launch. The player in the DD running away did a 180 shortly after I launched and went back towards the bots. I clicked his ship and hit F9 THREE times and then chatted torps look out and he kept going. NOT only did he ignore 3 warnings but he ignored the torp indicator and steered right into their path with more than ample time to avoid them in an effort to get his torps off at the group of bots before mine could hit.
  2. The player was not in front the player was to my right and going away from the direction the torps were going. Hd there been anyone behind the group of bots or even going that direction I would not have launched. It was clear at the time.
  3. Sometimes it actually isn't the fault of the person who launches torps. You can see 1 and 2 and have it happen if someone changes course and ignores warnings.
  4. The 2nd time a teammate cut in front of me while I was in smoke about 2km off. They came from behind (should have been safe behind so I was concentrating out front on the 3 bots charging me and about to bust me in smoke) and swung across in front of me to try and get the torp hits before I could. Unfortunately, I launched just as they were coming across unseen. Was too late to stop. 
1 hour ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

Situational awareness.  A simple glance around your ship should tell you if there is a possibility of that, if there is, dont launch until you know what the guy is doing.

I try and do that but sometimes when you are being charged by multiple ships you are paying attention to the threat in front and you don't have time to look behind where it is safe when launching torps to defend yourself at a ship 3km off and closing. You would think a person on your team wouldn't cut between in that case. Well, unless they are trying to steal the kill or torp chance that is.

All this talk of don't launch with people in front and have awareness and such is true but in actual games you can only do so much and the actions of others are out of your control. You can launch torps or fire your guns and at that moment it is safe to do it but then right after another player can alter their actions and it changes things.  You can't avoid that. Yu also can't avoid people intentionally cutting in to block your torps and steal the hits. THAT absolutely is happening today.

In the end yes I launched the torps so I pay the price for tk damage. It's damn frustrating though when it is not because I was reckless or not paying attention but rather because of others playing like crazy people with no regard for anything but what they are after.

Do you know how many torp chances I passed on today because of the risk of hitting a crazy yolo player? Good lord I could have finished the mission 47 times I passed so many. LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[CHBK]
Members
398 posts
2,311 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I try and do that but sometimes when you are being charged by multiple ships you are paying attention to the threat in front and you don't have time to look behind where it is safe when launching torps to defend yourself at a ship 3km off and closing. You would think a person on your team wouldn't cut between in that case. Well, unless they are trying to steal the kill or torp chance that is.

All this talk of don't launch with people in front and have awareness and such is true but in actual games you can only do so much and the actions of others are out of your control. You can launch torps or fire your guns and at that moment it is safe to do it but then right after another player can alter their actions and it changes things.  You can't avoid that. Yu also can't avoid people intentionally cutting in to block your torps and steal the hits. THAT absolutely is happening today.

In the end yes I launched the torps so I pay the price for tk damage. It's damn frustrating though when it is not because I was reckless or not paying attention but rather because of others playing like crazy people with no regard for anything but what they are after.

Do you know how many torp chances I passed on today because of the risk of hitting a crazy yolo player? Good lord I could have finished the mission 47 times I passed so many. LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

It's co-op, what do you expect.  Especially, if a flood of pvp players are rolling in there to finish missions more easily, they dont care about their rating in co-op and it will be ME ME ME ME the whole time. 

Edited by Taco_De_Moist
  • Cool 1