Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BB3_Oregon_Steel

I wonder what would happen if ...

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,289 battles

... Wargaming rolled the game back to where it was in 2015.  

Without fail, whenever WG decides to offer a new event, a new freebie and event for a new ship or cammo or daily mission or etc ... ... ... there is Always a thread here where members are affronted, shocked, angry and defiant about how badly they are being treated,  I mean all  this free stuff isn't enough and they should be given more More MORE of everything or they will close their wallets, stick their head in the sand and generally act like a spoiled kindergartner whose new shoes aren't the right shade of white. 

So lets scroll back the clock to 2015.  No daily containers, no rewards simply for signing on to the game, no campaigns, no clans, no oil, no coal, no arsenal, no operations.  The main event for earning a free ship was Project R which if you placed enormous energy and time into it would net you a T5 destroyer.  Pretty much nothing was free, you either earned it or bought it.  

I swear, the level of complaints at that time were a fraction of what has to be endured today.  When exactly did we start to feel we were so entitled that we had to have these freebies, that not getting enough of a freebie was an insult to the player base, that not getting a bunch of free stuff just didn't hack it any more because there wasn't enough of it or in the right shade to match the players individual tastes.  

So, what do you think would happen to the game if WG did a rollback.  You keep all the ships, all the rules and setup as it is right now and got rid of all the free stuff or near free stuff which is virtually falling from the sky into our hands and it became once again about facing the enemy over open gunsights and let the best commander win. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
702
[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles
33 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

... Wargaming rolled the game back to where it was in 2015.  .........

You keep all the ships, all the rules and setup as it is right now and got rid of all the free stuff or near free stuff which is virtually falling from the sky into our hands and it became once again about facing the enemy over open gunsights and let the best commander win. 

Brilliant! :Smile_great:
I'll second that motion because it would also get rid of a lot of the crap buffs, nerfs, consumables and so-called "updates" that we've had to cop over the past 3+ years.
And...it would mean that CV play would return to pre-0.8.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,281
[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,980 posts
4,104 battles

Take me back to when I can flood ships and penetrate DDs in my battleships. Would love to give the whiners something to whine about

Edited by _1204_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,377
[PVE]
Members
19,475 posts
11,833 battles
1 hour ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

... Wargaming rolled the game back to where it was in 2015.  

Without fail, whenever WG decides to offer a new event, a new freebie and event for a new ship or cammo or daily mission or etc ... ... ... there is Always a thread here where members are affronted, shocked, angry and defiant about how badly they are being treated,  I mean all  this free stuff isn't enough and they should be given more More MORE of everything or they will close their wallets, stick their head in the sand and generally act like a spoiled kindergartner whose new shoes aren't the right shade of white. 

So lets scroll back the clock to 2015.  No daily containers, not rewards simply for signing on to the game, no campaigns, no clans, no oil, no coal, no arsenal, no operations.  The main event for earning a free ship was Project R which if you placed enormous energy and time into it would net you a T5 destroyer.  Pretty much nothing was free, you either earned it or bought it.  

I swear, the level of complaints at that time were a fraction of what has to be endured today.  When exactly did we start to feel we were so entitled that we had to have these freebies, that not getting enough of a freebie was an insult to the player base, that not getting a bunch of free stuff just didn't hack it any more because there wasn't enough of it or in the right shade to match the players individual tastes.  

So, what do you think would happen to the game if WG did a rollback.  You keep all the ships, all the rules and setup as it is right now and got rid of all the free stuff or near free stuff which is virtually falling from the sky into our hands and it became once again about facing the enemy over open gunsights and let the best commander win. 

:Smile_honoring:

Free stuff is better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,289 battles
1 hour ago, Harathan said:

Nah, there was just as many complaints. They were just all about DDs and torps.

Well, kind of my point.  The complaints were about the game and how it functioned, not about how the free stuff isn't free enough or good enough or amazing enough ... ... . 

Ok, I can understand people having problems with aspects of the game, but getting bent out of shape because of freebies ... :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
967
[WOLFC]
Members
2,346 posts
13,329 battles

It's a reflection of society itself ... and not a topic I'd discuss without some Valium, Beer, Prozac, Wine, Xanax, Scotch, more Scotch, and even more Scotch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,691
[WOLFG]
Members
26,590 posts
6,691 battles
2 hours ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

So, what do you think would happen to the game if WG did a rollback.  You keep all the ships, all the rules and setup as it is right now and got rid of all the free stuff or near free stuff which is virtually falling from the sky into our hands and it became once again about facing the enemy over open gunsights and let the best commander win. 

If you're going to do a rollback, do a rollback, rules and all. 

I had no issues playing this game with +/-3 MM and torps back then. (ok, after I got my first line to T5, then I stopped hating torps lol)

Heck, I played for free the first 3 years, and was quite happy....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,918
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,286 posts
9,273 battles

135.png
 

Project R didn't start until 2016.  The first giveaways for World of Warships happened pretty early with Marblehead in the summer of 2015 and Emden over Christmas 2015. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,289 battles
1 hour ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

apparently someone who was bad in 2015 is still bad at the game.

no surprises

Wow, you just don't get it do you.  

I appear to have wounded someone's pride in a post where they whined about not getting enough free goodies so he apparently has decided to follow me around like a wounded little puppy crying because the mean mean person pooped on their parade.  

And thank you for reinforcing my point about the entitled spoiled little pieces of poo who are the subjects of this thread. I am so glad you came here to provide me with the perfect example of the type of person I'm talking about. 

Now, once again, you are in violation of the forums rules and the more you do this, the more I report you, the better your chances of getting your whiny little tush kicked out of here.  See, there's a positive side to everything. 

Now go away before the bad old administrators give you something to really whine about. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,289 battles
40 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

135.png
 

Project R didn't start until 2016.  The first giveaways for World of Warships happened pretty early with Marblehead in the summer of 2015 and Emden over Christmas 2015. 


I stand corrected.  Project R just seemed so long it was all a blur.  Not that I minded since the Kamikaze R was a nice ship and I thought it was really cool I could get her for free if I put in the time and effort.  

I also understand there was a give away of Albany at some point around that time.  

The point is however, the benefits and freebies given away at that time were far smaller and of lesser value that what is being given away almost on a daily basis today. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
702
[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles
22 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

The point is however, the benefits and freebies given away at that time were far smaller and of lesser value that what is being given away almost on a daily basis today. 

I honestly can't be bothered checking my freebies anymore......containers just accumulate in the hold of that bloody freighter so God only knows what's down there.

My ships go into battle naked......other than wearing the national ensign and whatever the default camouflage might be (for  Premiums).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,289 battles
Just now, JervisBay said:

I honestly can't be bothered checking my freebies anymore......containers just accumulate in the hold of that bloody freighter so God only knows what's down there.

My ships go into battle naked......other than wearing the national ensign and whatever the default camouflage might be (for  Premiums).

So, you would not be one of those angry and shocked that they aren't getting enough freebies.  Well done!! :Smile_medal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,289 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 4:15 PM, Prothall said:

HOW DARE YOU!!!!

You forgot the Pax Marblehead. :cap_like:

You are right, I completely spaced her out.  :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
346
[90THG]
Members
539 posts
7,135 battles
4 hours ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

... Wargaming rolled the game back to where it was in 2015.  

Without fail, whenever WG decides to offer a new event, a new freebie and event for a new ship or cammo or daily mission or etc ... ... ... there is Always a thread here where members are affronted, shocked, angry and defiant about how badly they are being treated,  I mean all  this free stuff isn't enough and they should be given more More MORE of everything or they will close their wallets, stick their head in the sand and generally act like a spoiled kindergartner whose new shoes aren't the right shade of white. 

So lets scroll back the clock to 2015.  No daily containers, no rewards simply for signing on to the game, no campaigns, no clans, no oil, no coal, no arsenal, no operations.  The main event for earning a free ship was Project R which if you placed enormous energy and time into it would net you a T5 destroyer.  Pretty much nothing was free, you either earned it or bought it.  

I swear, the level of complaints at that time were a fraction of what has to be endured today.  When exactly did we start to feel we were so entitled that we had to have these freebies, that not getting enough of a freebie was an insult to the player base, that not getting a bunch of free stuff just didn't hack it any more because there wasn't enough of it or in the right shade to match the players individual tastes.  

So, what do you think would happen to the game if WG did a rollback.  You keep all the ships, all the rules and setup as it is right now and got rid of all the free stuff or near free stuff which is virtually falling from the sky into our hands and it became once again about facing the enemy over open gunsights and let the best commander win. 

I watched a flambas or flamu (I cant remember which now) about this very thing about a month ago. The problem now a days is pretty much this. Wargaming has given so much in terms of free ships, camos, premium time, flags, containers and the list goes on and on that people pretty much expect it at this point.

Imagine the uproar, as you said, if wargaming stopped that right now. I for one appreciate all they’ve done for me, in the past month alone I’ve gotten over 2 weeks of premium time, numerous camos, countless containers from FSW event which lead to even more camos and economic and special signals. I’ve gotten a tier 4 and 6 cv for free through the same event, paid my way to Implaccable but hey, gotta show thanks somehow. 

If I were to go back since I’ve started playing, the list of free premium ships would be enormous. I currently have 27 premium ships of which 4 I paid for 12 or 13 were got through boxes on Black Friday and Christmas and 3 were a gift from my brother and the rest were earned for free through playing the game. I just recently purchased the Exeter knowing I could get it for free but chose to buy it instead as thanks to wargaming and I’ll get compensated a 3rd if that of my total money spent. 

Long story short, be grateful for all the free things you get just for playing. You’re not required to participate in the missions to get free things but you chose to anyway and complain about something or another within the mission, why? You’re getting a ship FOR FREE! 

So maybe it is time for wargaming to scale back a bit on the freebies, Id be perfectly okay getting nothing for free anymore same as I have no problem spending 10 bucks here, 20 bucks there for premium and flags and the occasional 50 or 60 dollars for a ship I really want. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[ARC]
Members
620 posts
8,902 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 9:07 PM, Shenanigans_Abound said:

I watched a flambas or flamu (I cant remember which now) about this very thing about a month ago. The problem now a days is pretty much this. Wargaming has given so much in terms of free ships, camos, premium time, flags, containers and the list goes on and on that people pretty much expect it at this point.

Imagine the uproar, as you said, if wargaming stopped that right now. I for one appreciate all they’ve done for me, in the past month alone I’ve gotten over 2 weeks of premium time, numerous camos, countless containers from FSW event which lead to even more camos and economic and special signals. I’ve gotten a tier 4 and 6 cv for free through the same event, paid my way to Implaccable but hey, gotta show thanks somehow. 

If I were to go back since I’ve started playing, the list of free premium ships would be enormous. I currently have 27 premium ships of which 4 I paid for 12 or 13 were got through boxes on Black Friday and Christmas and 3 were a gift from my brother and the rest were earned for free through playing the game. I just recently purchased the Exeter knowing I could get it for free but chose to buy it instead as thanks to wargaming and I’ll get compensated a 3rd if that of my total money spent. 

Long story short, be grateful for all the free things you get just for playing. You’re not required to participate in the missions to get free things but you chose to anyway and complain about something or another within the mission, why? You’re getting a ship FOR FREE! 

So maybe it is time for wargaming to scale back a bit on the freebies, Id be perfectly okay getting nothing for free anymore same as I have no problem spending 10 bucks here, 20 bucks there for premium and flags and the occasional 50 or 60 dollars for a ship I really want. 

It would be perfectly fine to do so. In my case I barely have time to finish all the freebies that WG gives. As someone who normally login everyday but have some periods when it is impossible, that says a lot. They gives so much that sometimes, only people playing everyday would get all those freebies. 

Right now I am finishing the 2nd leg of the Exeter missions, and have not gotten to the Hall of Fame in any week (have not finished any stage in this event). Hopefully I can finish the Exeter missions this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×