Jump to content
Kami

Potential FPS Fix

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,897
[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,149 battles

Hello Captains,

We have a potential fix for you that have been having FPS issues. 

To apply the fix, users should:

  1. Download archive
  2. Unpack the archive
  3. Copy the "fps_fix" folder to the game directory, next to worldofwarships.exe
  4. Go to the directory fps_fix
  5. Launch apply-patch_<Realm>.bat
  6. Select the "1. Apply Changes" option.
  7. Press any button

To undo changes:

  1. Run the apply-patch_<Realm>.bat
  2. Select the "2. Cancel changes"
  3. Press any button

 

Important! In order for the fix to work correctly, the game must be without installed modifications or running in safe mode.

fps_fix_na.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,523 posts
13,995 battles

The computer should be running in

5 minutes ago, iKami said:

Important! In order for the fix to work correctly, the game must be without installed modifications or running in safe mode.

fps_fix_na.zip

Are you saying the computer should or should not be running in safe mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,897
[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,149 battles
2 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

The computer should be running in

Are you saying the computer should or should not be running in safe mode?

Make sure you do not have any mods installed or the game is running in administrator mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,523 posts
13,995 battles
1 minute ago, iKami said:

Make sure you do not have any mods installed or the game is running in administrator mode.

I'm trying it now thx.  For people who don't know, "Safe Mode" is a feature that allows you to run Windows as bare bone, limiting files and drivers.
iKami is saying to NOT run in Safe Mode when applying the fix.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,897
[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,149 battles
3 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'm trying it now thx.  For people who don't know, "Safe Mode" is a feature that allows you to run Windows as bare bone, limiting files and drivers.
iKami is saying to NOT run in Safe Mode when applying the fix.  

Let me know if the fix helps please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,306
[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,871 battles

@iKami When I copied it the folder was placed along with the other folders and Windows defender was not happy with. I will give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,523 posts
13,995 battles

@iKami I ran the fix but my FPS is the same as before. Pre 8.0 my FPS was 56-61    after 8.0 it dropped to 41-46  and it's still the same. I bought an new video card and installing it later so I'm hoping to see big improvements

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,306
[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,871 battles

@iKami my port screen locked up before I could enter a battle, I have a running dialog with support to fix that since it became more frequent after the 8.1 update. I have restarted my compu and will try again.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,897
[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,149 battles
27 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

@iKami I ran the fix but my FPS is the same as before. Pre 8.0 my FPS was 56-61    after 8.0 it dropped to 41-46  and it's still the same. I bought an new video card and installing it later so I'm hoping to see big improvements

ok, thank you for letting us know. Please keep us updated if the video card changes things.

11 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@iKami my port screen locked up before I could enter a battle, I have a running dialog with support to fix that since it became more frequent after the 8.1 update. I have restarted my compu and will try again.

Thank you for keeping a running dialogue open with support on the matter.

Again this was a "potential" fix so I thank you for both trying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,306
[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,871 battles

@iKami I have restarted, run a registry cleaner and game check and repair so I will see in a few minutes to see if it works providing my port screen doesn't lock up before pressing Battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,251
[NMKJT]
Members
4,062 posts
4 hours ago, iKami said:

Hello Captains,

We have a potential fix for you that have been having FPS issues. 

To apply the fix, users should:

  1. Download archive
  2. Unpack the archive
  3. Copy the "fps_fix" folder to the game directory, next to worldofwarships.exe
  4. Go to the directory fps_fix
  5. Launch apply-patch_<Realm>.bat
  6. Select the "1. Apply Changes" option.
  7. Press any button

To undo changes:

  1. Run the apply-patch_<Realm>.bat
  2. Select the "2. Cancel changes"
  3. Press any button

 

Important! In order for the fix to work correctly, the game must be without installed modifications or running in safe mode.

fps_fix_na.zip

Huh. I gave up and uninstalled last weekend. Maybe I should reconsider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,306
[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,871 battles

@iKami I got 4 or 5 battles in before the port screen locked up forcing a compu restart. I noticed little difference in FPS which is rarely 30+, often high teens to mid 20s and less during heavy torpedo, aircraft and AA action. It would be nice to turn off AA tracers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[FERAL]
Members
72 posts
3,916 battles

I downloaded WOWS from the Microsoft Store and I can't try this option. Does anyone know if it is possible to move it from the store to the game client? The game client recognizes the game is installed, but I can't find the files anywhere on my computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
358
[Y0L0W]
[Y0L0W]
Members
957 posts
8,793 battles

My FPS was fine until the rework... just sayin.

Nothing like a group of planes doing their thing over your ship over and over with everything shooting and blowing up around you. Quality stuff. Thanks.

Edited by HeathenForay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post
7,466 battles

No luck, here.  It actually seemed to make the system stutter worse, with audio locking up when I'd fire guns for upwards to a second or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[BLIFA]
Members
8 posts
2,857 battles

I am having the same issues on two different computers.  one running a GTX970 and one running a GTX1070

This really sucks.  Anyone find a fix yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
345
[JTF67]
Members
106 posts
9,271 battles

Any updates on this issue? Game is nearly unplayable for me atm.. on a good day I get 20 fps, normally suffering single digits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×