Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sigurth_Valkyri

Daring and CV legendary mods

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

51
[PLPT]
Members
44 posts
9,017 battles

WG. Where are they? When will we see them? Can you give any sort of time frame for either or are they just not going to be implemented/ reimplemented for the CV ones?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,755
[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,827 battles

The upcoming Kreml will need one too. 

Also raises a question of whether or not T10 Premiums will eventually have them.

Personally, I'll never grind for any of them regardless.  The small bonus they provide doesn't seem worth the massive time investment required to get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,894
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,571 posts
13,484 battles

Legendary mods are intended to provide alternative playstyle options to existing ships. The primary playstyle for CVs isn't even fully locked down yet, so it's way premature to talk about alternative versions.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[TNG]
Members
78 posts
5,488 battles

Like Edgecase said, I completely understand the currently lack of CV legendaries because those ships are still in a state of balancing flux.  But I think WG should have an internal policy in place whereby when new ship lines are released that go up to t10, the t10 legendary is already in place.  Maybe it's not made available at the same time, but certainly within a month would be appropriate, so that any balancing issues could be addressed before then.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[PLPT]
Members
44 posts
9,017 battles
1 hour ago, Ceesa said:

Like Edgecase said, I completely understand the currently lack of CV legendaries because those ships are still in a state of balancing flux.  But I think WG should have an internal policy in place whereby when new ship lines are released that go up to t10, the t10 legendary is already in place.  Maybe it's not made available at the same time, but certainly within a month would be appropriate, so that any balancing issues could be addressed before then.

I agree whole heartedly. But feedback from WG is needed so the players have an understanding as to when they will be released for cv. Absolutly no reason the Daring does not have one and that needs addressed by WG promptly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,528 posts
11,886 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Also raises a question of whether or not T10 Premiums will eventually have them.

Imagine a legendary module on stalingrad lulz!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,190
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,686 posts
8,169 battles
2 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

Imagine a legendary module on stalingrad lulz!

Stalinium Shells - Reload Time increased by 8s.  Damage per AP shell increased by 5,000.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
362 posts
8,458 battles

Darings mod should be concealment and torp reload or extended range to torpedoes. The torps are the same from tier 9 and 10 and the only real difference is the gun reload and concealment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[TASH]
Members
73 posts
3,320 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Stalinium Shells - Reload Time increased by 8s.  Damage per AP shell increased by 5,000.

Lol balans komrade!

What I'm really looking for is a harugumo legendary module

MORE DAKKA - Reload speed decreased by 30%. Turning circle increased by 100m. Surface detectability increased by 5% :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[90TH]
Members
606 posts
8,781 battles
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Stalinium Shells - Reload Time increased by 8s.  Damage per AP shell increased by 5,000.

*In slot 1

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,654
[PSP]
Members
8,038 posts

Who knows what the legendary for the Midway will be? The current hit-point for aircraft boost probably will be changed as it would result in even more whining about "overpowered" CVs. What I would like to see would be an alternate load-out, say two rocket fighter squadrons and a single torpedo or dive bomber squadron. This would give some advantage in spotting but would hardly be "OP" as rockets are the weakest ordinance the Midway has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[RSF]
Members
67 posts
7,987 battles

127 battles in the midway and finished the quest for the legendary mod. I do most of my damage with the missles and bombs. Moving ships just turn to miss my torps all the time. Still working on figuring them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
675
[NWNG]
Members
2,558 posts
4,415 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Who knows what the legendary for the Midway will be? The current hit-point for aircraft boost probably will be changed as it would result in even more whining about "overpowered" CVs. What I would like to see would be an alternate load-out, say two rocket fighter squadrons and a single torpedo or dive bomber squadron. This would give some advantage in spotting but would hardly be "OP" as rockets are the weakest ordinance the Midway has.

every legendary module one could possibly conceive of, will cause people to whine about OP CVs... Even a module not even meant for CV will have people whining about OP CVs...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
860
[XBRTC]
Members
2,350 posts
8,290 battles
4 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Stalinium Shells - Reload Time increased by 8s.  Damage per AP shell increased by 5,000.

 

No, no... Stalinium shells wouldn't do more damage, but they'd have an autobounce angle of 89.9 degrees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
675
[NWNG]
Members
2,558 posts
4,415 battles
10 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Legendary mods are intended to provide alternative playstyle options to existing ships. The primary playstyle for CVs isn't even fully locked down yet, so it's way premature to talk about alternative versions.

You say that, yet Worcester came out with its legendary mod, upon its release... so that excuse for why we don't have them, simply doesn't work.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,894
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,571 posts
13,484 battles
11 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

You say that, yet Worcester came out with its legendary mod, upon its release... so that excuse for why we don't have them, simply doesn't work.

Oh yes, Worcester LM, THERE's a success story to follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,755
[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,827 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 3:48 PM, HyenaHiena said:

Imagine a legendary module on stalingrad lulz!

Gives the option for HE shells.....with 100% fire chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50
[TARK]
Members
122 posts
2,044 battles
On 3/16/2019 at 1:13 AM, Edgecase said:

Oh yes, Worcester LM, THERE's a success story to follow.

LOL!

I remember getting excited to grind out my first legendary module.  I intentionally did NOT look it up, OR look at what it was by hovering the item on the personal mission, and just enjoyed learning/playing the wooster.

Then I got the module.... why would you equip it, ever? Conceal > [everything the Wooster Legendary mod provides in slot 5] * 10

Edited by turdjelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,374 posts
On 3/15/2019 at 7:55 PM, mcgibe said:

Lol balans komrade!

What I'm really looking for is a harugumo legendary module

MORE DAKKA - Reload speed decreased by 30%. Turning circle increased by 100m. Surface detectability increased by 5% :Smile_trollface:

:Smile_great:Me Too:Smile_medal:

Salute_Emoji.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[WOLF2]
Members
393 posts
12,181 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 12:57 PM, Ace_04 said:

Personally, I'll never grind for any of them regardless.  The small bonus they provide doesn't seem worth the massive time investment required to get them.

I agree most of them are either just parallel changes rather than upgrades per se and a couple of them are downright useless (Conqueror for me, the only one I didn’t even TRY).  However, the grind for them has rewards in and of itself in the form of craploads of free premium consumables.  They’re not worth obsessing over, but they ARE worth grinding just for that.  And a few of them actually ARE legendary....Henri IV and Khab are 2 good examples...those ships become much better at what they were already good at with the legendaries installed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,755
[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,827 battles
8 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

I agree most of them are either just parallel changes rather than upgrades per se and a couple of them are downright useless (Conqueror for me, the only one I didn’t even TRY).  However, the grind for them has rewards in and of itself in the form of craploads of free premium consumables.  They’re not worth obsessing over, but they ARE worth grinding just for that.  And a few of them actually ARE legendary....Henri IV and Khab are 2 good examples...those ships become much better at what they were already good at with the legendaries installed.  

Is there a list somewhere of all the Legendary Upgrade benefits for each ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×